15 anos ajudando empresas brasileiras
a escolherem o melhor software

Sobre Stata

O software estatístico Stata é um pacote de software estatístico completo e integrado.

Saiba mais sobre o Stata

Vantagens:

It has a large number o packages that integrate with most of the types of data and can produce very powerful statistical calculation.

Desvantagens:

Update is installed easily but sometime it take long time to update and create error in analyses.

Notas do Stata

Pontuação média

Praticidade
3,9
Atendimento ao cliente
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O Stata tem uma classificação geral de 4,5 em 5 estrelas com base em 181 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o Stata antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (181)

Rahat
Rahat
Analyst, EUA
Pesquisa, 11–50 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Excellent for econometric analysis.

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: There are some things that Stata does extremely well - the statistics and econometrics in particular. And it does these things reliably and fast, with a good support network. If you're willing to pay for it, performance is even better - using up to 64 cores. But for more general purpose statistical work, R is not only free, but better (even though it is more buggy).

Vantagens:

This is statistical programming software that is excellent for canned econometric procedures. Reliable and fast, with a huge library of procedures built in, and an even bigger user-contributed library. Online support through the statalist forum is also amazing. It also has a matrix programming language (Mata). The graphics capabilities are also easy to use and very high quality. Has a lot of related features like heatmaps, producing production-quality regression tables, etc.

Desvantagens:

This software is expensive. You're paying for something that is reliable, tried and true, with a great support network. But there are other free options, such as R. Furthermore, while this is excellent for canned statistical and econometric procedures, the programming language itself is not anywhere near as developed as something like R. For example, work with text etc is out of the picture. It is quite un-intuitive for someone coming with a programming background, and has weird quirks - such as only being able to keep on dataset in memory at a time. These issues mean that achieving what could be achieved in 3 lines of code in another language, might take 100s in Stata.

Pesquisa, 1.001–5.000 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Stata is the best.

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: I have found Stata to be capable of doing 99% of the things I need a stats program to do, and it does them quickly, efficiently, and without much work on my part. Most issues I have run into with Stata are user-generated, and quickly solved by referencing Stata's extensive documentation or its very strong Stata discussion community. That said, it was a bit intimidating at first, being that it's mainly command-driven rather than menu-driven. This creates a slight issue when trying to bring coworkers who haven't used Stata before into the fold.

Vantagens:

I enjoy the interface -- maybe just because I'm used to it. Still, the flexibility of being able to type something into the command line ad hoc rather than writing it into a syntax file when I just want to see what a command is going to do with out "committing" is nice. The general structure of how Stata presents data and elements of the data within the GUI, specifically the ability to see basically everything in one main window, tends to make my life a lot easier.

Desvantagens:

It's kind of ugly. The output especially is pretty bad, even using Stata markup log files. I find that colleagues who do not use Stata are a bit off-put by output I send them in plain-text log files, compared to fancier tables/web reports easily generated in SPSS. Even though my workplace is currently paying for it, I am still not a fan of Stata's pricing structure.

Thanks for the feedback!

Rafael
Rafael
Jefe del departamento de Oceanografia, Venezuela
Fonte da avaliação

Acceptable statistical analysis and inference tool.

3,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: Although it is not the software that I normally use, especially due to the deficiencies in its graphical presentation of results, I use it frequently to compare the results it produces, against the results obtained with other software, both commercial and self-developed. This has allowed me, in many cases, to validate the results obtained.

Vantagens:

Price, that although it is not cheap, if it is competitive with respect to other softwares of similar characteristics. It allows me ample freedom to customize the way of presenting the results obtained, which in general is not the best. The after-sales service is good, with regular updates and an excellent help section.

Desvantagens:

Talking with my students, the cost is accessible to people like me, but it is not for the average student, especially when the licenses must be renewed periodically. If there is something to criticize the program is the way of presenting the data, where there is a lot of improvement field, since the outputs produced by default are of limited quality and presentation, especially if you want to enter a publication. The error code messages are not very useful in order to solve the error.

Ryan
Senior Research Analyst, EUA
E-Learning, 1.001–5.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Stata is really good for statistical analysis

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: Stata was really wonderful because it had a really low learning curve and I felt like it was a much better product than SPSS. It was my favorite language until I learned R. R works much better for the work I am doing now but Stata will always have a special place in my heart and I would recommend Stata to anyone who wants to start getting into data analysis but hasn't had a lot of programming training

Vantagens:

I liked that the syntax of the language was really intuitive. Moving from SPSS to Stata made me feel like I could actually keep track of the code myself. I also loved that there was so much support online

Desvantagens:

Stata was really good for academic data analysis but it didn't meet all of the needs for programming data analysis. The for loops were there but not really intuitive. It was really hard to run a lot of different analyses and then compare them. That is why I say that it is really good if you are running a few analysis for an academic manuscript but I wouldn't run large scale business analyses in it

há 2 anos

Thank you for your comments.

Mohammed
Field Manager, Gana
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 11–50 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

one stop shop for all your data analysis needs

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: As we began consulting on national-scale projects with massive datasets and sophisticated data analysis and reporting needs, it was only normal that we migrate from the equally efficient but less technical alternatives we were using prior. And the great wealth of freely accessible online resources and communities has been the most essential differentiator that separates Stata from other options.

Vantagens:

Stata provides a comprehensive package of functions that allows us to manage and analyze project research data very efficiently. Particularly with purely statistical functions. Stata also has a very dedicated user community, which translates to extreme ease of getting help when we get stuck.

Desvantagens:

Learning to use Stata was very challenging for me, as someone coming from the significantly less technical alternatives I had been using to that point. I also think product licensing can be improved to make it easier for smaller teams to subscribe at relatively lower costs.

há 3 anos

Thank you for your feedback!

Xorla
Executive Director, Gana
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 11–50 funcionários

Great for Academic Research and Mid level professional data work

4,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Before Stata, we were using Excel for almost all of our data work.....mostly because it was free. Switching to Stata however cut down our manual processes drastically; reducing task times by up to 80%. The main issue we ever had was with the product licencing and product access for our team. The response time in resolving the issues weren't as prompt as we would have hoped.

Vantagens:

The range of functionality in the software, the free training and help resources available online, the ease of creating reports from your work, etc.

Desvantagens:

1. The software interface was a bit intimidating for me as a beginner coming from Excel 2. the computer requirements for running the software were rather high, and the devices we had at the time couldn't quite run them smoothly so we had to replace most of them.

Umair
Reseracher, Itália
Gestão da educação, 1.001–5.000 funcionários

Stata for Statistical Data Analysis

4,0 ano passado

Comentários: Stata is a great software for statistical data analysis, especially for researchers and data analysts. However, it requires proper training to learn the formulas. Moreover, it is somehow expensive.

Vantagens:

It is a great statistical data analysis software with a user-friendly interface. Data can be visualized in a good manner and can be downloaded easily in various formats.

Desvantagens:

It requires proper training for utilizing its maximum functions. Takes time to learn the formulas/codes that sometimes look difficult.

Daren
Researcher, EUA
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, 51–200 funcionários

God bless Stata

5,0 há 4 anos

Vantagens:

Stata is such a flexible stats tool. If the native features don’t work for you, someone has probably created something that will. All you have to do is use the “findit”command.

Desvantagens:

There is a learning curve, and I wonder if I could have learned it on my own as I learned it in grad school.

Tigran
Tigran
risk manager, Armênia
Bancos, 5.001–10.000 funcionários

Review for Stata

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Stata is a very good statistical software for people who are not familiar with coding, but are required to work with financial time series. It has all types of regressions is very comfortable to use. Also the last Stata update (Stata 16) supports Python, so you can write a Python code in Stata. This is a very comfortable for me as i am using both scrapping and financial time series analysis

Vantagens:

First, Stata is super easy to use. (If you are not a programmer and coding is not your strongest skill, then Stata is a perfect match for you. You do not need to write a code in Stata in order to get the results. You can just use your mouse, find the right buttons, click them and get the results. Second, you can run basically all types of regressions in Stata. Third Stata is user friendly. It took you a while to get comfortable with it, but after 1-2 weeks of usage, you really start to love this statistical software

Desvantagens:

First of all it is price. Stata is very expensive and there are some softwares that let you to do almost the same things with the lower price or even free. Furthermore the graphics of Stata are not very beautiful, so I would never recommend you to use that graphs for your presentation

Godwin
Godwin
Statistical Analyst, Quênia
Bancos, 1.001–5.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

A Reliable and Effective Statistical Data Analysis and Processing Tool.

5,0 há 10 meses

Comentários: With the current grobal trends, we can say that data is the new gold as far as business is concerned. With the tool we are able to manipulate any data to get the desired results. There is no statistical challenge that we are unable to sort with the tool.

Vantagens:

Whats best with the tool is that its loaded with a breath of features. The features helps us in handling any statistical analysis and data visualization. Its a stand alone when its data processing. You are able to clean the data and process it without the need of a third party application.

Desvantagens:

For you to work with the tool, you will need a training on statistics and data handling. Other than that the tool is reliable and efficient.

Andra
PhD student, EUA
Gestão da educação, 5.001–10.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Good for academic data analysis

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Overall, Stata is a very powerful platform to analyze data, especially when the project requires manipulating the data into new formats or performing matching, etc. Where it falls slightly short compared to other programs is that it does not allow for multiple datasets to be open at the same time, and it can crash, but this is fixed with diligent saving of do files, and the multiple datasets issue is not really a problem unless doing projects that require a large number of models with variables from different sets.

Vantagens:

I am a PhD student that uses a combination of Stata and R for data analysis for academic papers. I like that Stata allows for manipulation of data in ways that are quite intuitive and straight-forward, and it allows one to manage datasets with a very large number of observations. Stata is also particularly good at allowing for the transformation of data from one format to another (for example, from long to wide) which allows for matching and subsequent easier manipulation.

Desvantagens:

My least favorite part about Stata is that it does not allow one to have multiple datasets open at the same time, like other programs do. Also, in my experience, one has to save the do-file they're working on very frequently because it is not rare for Stata to crash. But, with that knowledge, it's not really an issue to save often once you're used to it.

há 4 anos

Thank you for your feedback! With Stata 16, you can now have multiple datasets in memory. Read more about it at https://www.stata.com/new-in-stata/multiple-datasets-in-memory.

Raees
Research scholar, EUA
Pesquisa, 5.001–10.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Once you go stata, there’s no difficult data

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: I love using it and I recommend it all my colleagues and students

Vantagens:

The most important feature is it’s ease of operation. It is easy to learn, has great resources available for help if you need it and it is very efficient while dealing with large data sets

Desvantagens:

When I first started learning it 10 years ago there wasn’t much online help available and that was my most important concern but not anymore

Credit Officer, Quênia
Bancos, 5.001–10.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

A data analysis tool like no other in the todays' markets.

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: We were using the Stata to handle data from entry, cleaning, analysis, and visualization. You are able to handle data from initial stage to the last stage.

Vantagens:

Data is one of the most useful tool in any business oriented organization. The fact is that, if you ignore the data your business will be headed to fail. You need to understand what people say about your products, understand what are the market trends and where the business is headed. Stata is that tool that will help you analyze any kind of collected data and tabulate it for easier understanding and implementation. It has a great visualization features and with the relevant knowledge you can handle any data despite its size.

Desvantagens:

Although the tool is amazing and I wouldn't like to imply otherwise, you will need statistical and machine language to handle a task end to end.

Qamar
Import Officer, Paquistão
Roupa e moda, 1.001–5.000 funcionários
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses

Stata for regression, Correlation and F Model to analyzed data

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Its good for Capacity, demand and forecasting analysis.I forecast differnt monetory events by using regression analysis with multi variables.

Vantagens:

Stata having very user friendly interface.its shows 100% accurate result in regression and correlation analysis.Data can be import from excel and word which save a lot of time.Error term impact can be classified easily by applying error correction method.

Desvantagens:

Its costly, should be free upto certain level of data analysis so that students can easily approach.second there are some constraints while analysing cross sectional data.Minor typing error while comanding will leads towards differnt results.

Pesquisa, 51–200 funcionários

Reliable but unexciting

4,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: I was trained in Stata because it is the most commonly used statistical software in my field, but my field is becoming increasingly quantitative in orientation, and there is a corresponding increase in the availability of data. These changes in my field have led to many 'outgrowing' Stata and the top scholars in the field now use alternative softwares, which I had to learn after learning Stata and now use more regularly.

Vantagens:

The interface is clean, minimal and streamlined. The software itself is extremely reliable and is great for your basic statistical functions, and basic mathematical calculations too. It is easy to learn (much easier than some other statistical softwares out there-by a wide margin!).

Desvantagens:

I know what you're thinking-- a statistical software isn't supposed to be 'exciting'. But lots are, especially when it comes to how you present and/or visualize statistics! Stata offers fairly limited options for how you display your data. Also, because Stata is not free or open-source, unlike rival softwares with growing popularity, it does not work with other softwares freely available online. Finally, there are limits on the size of the dataset that you can use.

há 5 anos

Thank you for your feedback!

Pesquisa, Profissional autônomo
Fonte da avaliação

Best Statistical software for research in health science

5,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Actually, every time that I have a project from health research and I used Stata I have completely satisfied.

Vantagens:

There are many statistical software in market such as SPSS, SAS, Minitab, R, NCSS, Stata, etc. I have more than 10 years experience using a couple of different statistical software and know their strengths and weakness. Stata is a very good statistical software with full of advanced statistical methods and its use is easy because it is menu driven and it has many good accompany documents. If you work a statistician or researcher in health and epidemiology this is the correct software for you. Furthermore, Stata generate publication ready graphics easily.

Desvantagens:

I wish Stata add an option for calling R inside it such as SPSS and SAS. But actually in most cases it don't need it really because it supports 99.5 percent of routines in itself. Note that 99.5 percent is my guess based on my experience because it always surprise me with new methods. Another Con is that this software is for users that need a variety of statistical methods and so it may seem complicated for novice users that only need basic methods.

Cynthia
Teaching Assistant, EUA
Gestão da educação, 501–1.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Good for economics research but recently lagging behind

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: STATA was my first software I used to analyze data with Economics research so I have always used it as a default. However, as I have begun learning R, I have realized that R runs faster and works better with large datasets. Don't get me wrong, STATA is not bad, but I do think it has been lagging behind over time.

Vantagens:

- Standard software that allows you to run statistical functions and data manipulations for research purposes - Reliable and easy to learn

Desvantagens:

- Does not work well with large data sets and often crashes - Expensive - Over time, it has not gone through many upgrades so the user interface looks old compared to its counterparts. The functionalities have also not gotten a lot of upgrades compared to competitors like R

há 4 anos

We appreciate your feedback.

Latina
Quality Manager, Austrália
Serviços financeiros, 201–500 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Helps to handle data from initial stage to final analysis stage.

Vantagens:

The ability of the tool to handle a large volume of data without any challenge makes me like the tool most. The tool also can act as a stand alone as far as data preparation, analysis, visualization is concerned. With Stata you don't need any other tool to get the work done.

Desvantagens:

Sometime you need statistical knowledge to get tangible results.

Pesquisa, 1.001–5.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Great product for regression analysis.

4,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: I am using this product both for my works and my master thesis. I have to perform so many regression analysis for my works and Stata is very helpful and reliable product for these.

Vantagens:

I have done so many regression analysis with this product and it is very good at it. Also It is providing quite good graphs and cross tables which are really usefull for my works.

Desvantagens:

It has a lot of problems between old and new versions of the product. You need to be very careful to carry your works from newest versions to old versions. Sometimes your code does not work.

Educação superior, 5.001–10.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Stata is a good choice for novice data analysts.

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Since I started using Stata in 2018, It has been very using for analyzing data for my quantitative research papers. I have conducted the statistical analysis and hypothesis testing of at least 10 research papers.

Vantagens:

The most I like about Stata is that I don't have to code in long lines as I used to do in other statistical softwares. It has interactive menu and you can select a statistical test from the interactive menu. It is also very quick: for example, if you want to plot predicted probabilities, you can just do it in a couple of seconds in Stata. Stata can also easily handle large data.

Desvantagens:

I have been using Stata for around 2 years, but have not encountered a major problem while using it. One slight issue I have faced is plotting marginal effects in one graph. perhaps, they could give us an instruction to plot marginal effects in a graph.

Rutcher
Data Analyst, EUA
Gestão da educação, 5.001–10.000 funcionários
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses

Stata: Your enabling statistical software

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: With Stata, my team and I can easily examine data patterns. Stata is able to do more complex statistical processes as compared to basic statistical softwares I have came across as an economics professor. I love Stata!

Vantagens:

As a data analyst and statistician, Stata became my best friend. It's literally what I have for breakfast, lunch and dinner when I am at work. Stata enables me to run data and make an analysis. It also allows me to come up with graphic visualizations I could use for reports and presentation.

Desvantagens:

I like everything about it! It does everything I need for efficient data analyst.

há 5 anos

Thank you for your comments!

Jonathan
Researcher, EUA
Pesquisa, 51–200 funcionários

Fantastic Statistical Package

5,0 há 8 anos

Comentários: Stata is somehow more known among economists than among statisticians but I really don't see why it is - and why it should remain that way. Stata is comparable to SAS is many ways. It works in terms of commands as opposed to a 'real' programming/coding language. I have found Stata to be incredibly useful in terms of running regressions. If you are someone who likes to use multiple softwares (which I do, because each has their own strengths and can improve your workflow) - I like to view and try to understand my data on Excel since it's most visual, then clean it up, merge tables, etc in SAS, and finally run more sophisticated analysis on Stata

Vantagens:

Great for statistical analysis, easy to use and learn commands

Desvantagens:

I wish they are more 'visual' about data presentations. For example, trying to read and clean up data can be rather annoying because interface for visual presentation is not so intuitive.

Thien
Graduate Teaching Assistant, EUA
Educação superior, 51–200 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Good software for data analysis with great community support

4,0 há 2 anos

Vantagens:

In my field, Stata is like the common language so it's pretty much a fixed choice. The best thing about Stata is its user communities: I was almost always able to find answers to all of my econometrics questions on Statalist.

Desvantagens:

Stata is not the best for data preparation and data cleaning. I have a multi-core version and yet sometimes it still struggles with large datasets. It might just be my personal preferences, but I also don't use Stata that much for data visualization, for which I think there are better tools.

hilary
customer service officer, Zimbábue
Bancos, 51–200 funcionários

For accurate results

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Stata is overally the best tool for economists and researchers to modulate data so that it makes sense to become usable for reports and documents. However its not east to use, you have to be accurate in entering your data so that it makes sense.

Vantagens:

its accurate and precise as well as reliable it generally runs on any windows machine it gives quality graphs that have a professional finish its the most recommended by professors or in the economics environment, use stata and you wont have to do your work twice. you do not need internet to use the software, once you install it successfully you are good to go. it is compatible with writing softwares like word and excel.

Desvantagens:

for me the software is absolutely not an easy one one has to get coaching to know how to use it. it does not cover all variables, you have to go to pro if you need those

Florencia
Relaciones Internacionales / Economía Aplicada, Argentina
Educação superior, 501–1.000 funcionários

Good statistical software

4,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: I work with Stata. It's a very useful statistical software. But it is necessary to have a strong base.

Vantagens:

It's not a simple software. People need to have a large statistical base and knowledge of the commands. But when u have both, it's very useful for work and study. It has a section where you can check the commands and what they are used for.

Desvantagens:

You never finish knowing all the commands and terms and always have to write them perfectly. Another thing is that if u use it very often, it's better to have the recent edition. The previous ones may have errors.