Nota média de avaliações

• Geral
    4,2 /5
    4,1 /5

Sobre Brightspace

A plataforma de aprendizado robusta e flexível ajuda a gerar os melhores resultados de aprendizado, oferecendo uma experiência digital altamente personalizada.

Saiba mais sobre o Brightspace

Exibindo 173 avaliações

Mavares P.
Docente Universitario
  • Avaliado em 25/07/2018

"Redefining the learning"

Comentários: Create pleasant spaces for interaction among the participants.

Vantagens: Technological advances in modern platforms seek, in one way or another, to redefine the concept of human learning. That is why platforms like Brightspace seek not only to manage all the most important aspects of educational management, ranging from the earliest ages to the most advanced students of high school, changing with them and adapting to their cognitive and emotional needs, accompanying them, but without imposing rhythms. And this is possible because Brightspace seeks to personalize learning, focusing them, in a very short time, effectively and in a very simple way. The versatility of the platform makes it absolutely compatible with the wide range of smart devices.
The process of teaching is not limited to the simple act of speaking or explaining in the classroom, this process must be thought, planned, developed, executed and, more importantly, evaluated. Brightspace all those tasks, using their useful tools. As a direct consequence, we can observe a significant improvement in classroom work, which will be noticed, due to the amount of activities that users will begin to share, which will involve parents and tutors, who will be able to manage feedback processes in real time. with personal messages.

Desvantagens: Platforms such as Brightspace must have control or ability to configure pop-up windows, as well as other tools that must adapt to the changing requirements of users. The platform must be more managed so that it can reach more places and be more recommended.

• Avaliado em 25/07/2018
Avaliador Verificado
Adjunct Professor
Gestão da educação, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 27/08/2019

"Brightspace is a bright choice"

Comentários: Overall, Brightspace is great and functional. I love it compared to all the other platforms that I am engaged with. I find this to be very easy and organic feeling, but I do run into minor issues here and there. I was obligated to use this software from my institution that I work at, but if given the choice, I'd select this product. I also have worked with many blog-based websites and this feels more similar to the tools in building a Wordpress or on Blogger. If you are familiar with platforms like that, this should feel very native.

Vantagens: I've used a lot of similar products for educational reasons like Sakai, Blackboard, WebCT, Canvas and so on and one of the pros for me that Brightspace offers is that it's very clean looking compared to some of the above. I personally find it very organic and easy to use, but I've also been using similar programs since college. Still, I feel like the tutorials on Brightspacde and the layout of it is very clean and well organized that even someone very new to this software could work with it. Some of the things I really love is the ability to customize my individual courses with colors, banners and so on, and embedding videos and images is much easier --especially when creating several courses and linking a pre-made quiz or re-uploading a video. I concurrently used this alongside Sakai since I teach at two different colleges and another feature that I'm very pleased with is the ease of connecting TurnItIn

Desvantagens: There's very few items I dislike, and they may just reflect me and my colleagues. Some of the cons are as follows: I have a lot of issues with the grade book that comes with this software. This seems to be an issue I share with my colleagues as well. Some of the grade book issues range from students not being able to view grades, even after I make them visible to them and the site showing a percentage or point instead of a letter grade, even when I click the option for that. I've also had issues with making internal links to site material. For me, I'll be able to view my links, but my students are often unable to. For instance, you can create announcements that are sent out to your collaborators and in that you can put links or embedd videos and images. When I put hyperlinks to external resources, it'll work fine --same with embedding videos. However, when I link an internal link to something like course material or a lesson, it'll give my students an error, yet the student can still log into the assignment or module by going through the tabs on our course's Brightspace. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. It's not a make or break aspect either. For the most part, much of this software works great.

• Avaliado em 27/08/2019
Cristen B.
Telecomunicações, 201-500 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 26/01/2021

"Needs Improvements"

Comentários: Overall, Brightspace allows me to stay in contact with my professor and classmates in a remote learning setting.

Vantagens: All of my grades are in one place and are updated in real time allowing me to keep track of assignments and deliverables.

Desvantagens: Some features can be hard to find, links to live seminars have issues with working occasionally and if your professor does not build out the course accurately, it can be almost impossible to keep the content for each class straight.

• Avaliado em 26/01/2021
Regina H.
Student
Educação superior, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
Usou o software por: 1 a 5 meses
  • Avaliado em 13/10/2020

"Nice interface but not intuitive or easy to use"

Comentários: Overall, my experience with Brightspace is negative. It looks deceivingly simple to use because of their modern look and Bright color scheme that is often associated with newer websites with easy functionality, but menus are often hard to find and it is difficult to do basic tasks like scoring quizzes.

Vantagens: I like the ability for there to be an online classroom and I like that it records the lectures. I like how the online classroom allows for screensharing and chatting also. I also like the look of the software; it doesn't look dated.

Desvantagens: At this point, I have used several types of software like Brightspace as I have been in higher education for almost 7 years now as an undergraduate student and now, a graduate student. I think out of all those other software that I have used, Brightspace is the least intuitive to navigate. On the outset, I think the website looks clean and modern and it feels like a website that would be easy to navigate. But when you actually do start navigating the website, you find out how hard it is to find simple commands. For example, to simply program and then score a quiz online is much harder than it needs to be. Menus for basic things like how to see the students' grades were hard to find and I had to ultimately turn to google to figure out how to grade the quiz. I am new to this software, so maybe it just takes some getting used to, but so far, as a new user, I am finding that Brightspace is not intuitive or easy to navigate.

• Avaliado em 13/10/2020
Ray A.
Research and Cultural Consultant, Editor/writer, interpreter.
Gestão da educação, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 30/10/2020

"Brightspace - excellent upgrade from D2L"

Comentários: Very convenient platform for distance education especially useful in the midst of the COVID pandemic, particularly ease of including images and video in course materials. Allowed us to manage course materials, provide timely quizzes, and manage student grades.

Vantagens: Has addressed many prior user problems experienced with D2L
Well-ordered, clean user interface
Easy to design different courses, quizzes, and tests with minimal investment of time.
Excellent grading features that calculate percentages easily.
Can easily switch from teacher view to student view to check the layout and identify problems before finalizing content.

Desvantagens: Some of the menus are not intuitive. ie) I had trouble figuring out how to include deadline dates for assignments after which the software would no longer accept submissions.
UI interface is too spread out- it doesn't make efficient use of space on small screen tablets.

• Avaliado em 30/10/2020
Eugenio C.
Profesor
Gestão da educação, 51-200 funcionários
Usou o software por: Avaliação gratuita
  • Avaliado em 30/11/2020

"University point of view"

Comentários: It is a very complete and complex platform. Some universities with the appropiate IT department could be able to use it but if they have that department they will create their own platform.

Vantagens: The support, virtual events and advertising.

Desvantagens: The IT support, video tutorials about features teacher or students use everyday. Features other platforms have very easy to implement.

• Avaliado em 30/11/2020
Esther B.
Counselor
Clínica de saúde mental, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 20/11/2020

"Brightspace as Virtual Classroom"

Comentários: Overall, Brightspace offers a consistent user interface for students learning virtually and for instructors managing classrooms online.

Vantagens: I've used Brightspace (D2L) for the past 3 years as part of teaching responsibilities at a University I work for. I find the integration of video and multimedia assignment types and rubrics to be well integrated and relatively user friendly.

Desvantagens: Integration with external apps such as Bongo can be somewhat disjointed, but this has gotten better in the last year. Transcription of video has also improved.

• Avaliado em 20/11/2020
Germaine K.
Program Assistant
Gestão da educação, 51-200 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 15/12/2020

"D2L"

Comentários: I think Brightspace is a great asset for college students and other academic professionals.

Vantagens: I like how it's easy for students to use. Students are able to watch seminars, communicate with instructors, and access stored documents and assignments.

Desvantagens: I don't like how the system crashes. There's been a few times where D2L has been down due to technical issues.

• Avaliado em 15/12/2020
Cody S.
Varejistas, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 02/10/2020

"Great Learning"

Comentários: Overall the software was great to work with and easy to use.

Vantagens: I loved how the dashboard showed me the classes I was taking in an easy display.

Desvantagens: I wish there was more information when I first logged in about who my professor was.

• Avaliado em 02/10/2020
Evaggelia A.
Teacher, MsC Educational Technology
Ensino fundamental e médio, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 12/09/2018

"Brightspace: The flexible, cloud based, LMS. Created by D2L, 2014."

Comentários: Possibilities for educators:
Communicate with students via email and online conference.
Accept online discussions.
Manage their grades.
Customize the appearance of the course pages.
Share the content of the lessons and the multimedia with the students.
They can comment.
Develop instructions and assignments in foreign languages.
Create instructions and assignments using a mathematical note.
Through its own builder that provides quizzes, multiplechoice, ruby ​​and even games.
To incorporate portfolio-based activities into the work using the integrated ePortfolio system

Vantagens: -It places the student at the center of learning.
-It provides collaboration and interaction.
-It has a variety of tools.
-It combines most learning theories.
-It can be used by both educators and trainees.
-It combines education and learning resources with assessment and analysis features to create an integrated e-learning environment.

Desvantagens: -The cost: It has an annual cost and is tailored to the number of users connected at the same time.
-It is not installed locally.
Course files are stored on a remote server that manages D2L.
-Network delay time is often slow and disturbing.

• Avaliado em 12/09/2018
Nathan L.
Lead Instructional Designer
Ensino fundamental e médio
    3,5 /5
  • Avaliado em 26/06/2015

"Admin Experience with Brightspace"

Vantagens: As an administrator at my previous employer, I appreciated the flexibility to change pretty much anything that I wanted in the system. The ability to change what things were called in the system were very nice. In the most recent version that I had used, Brightspace had taken steps to make some changes on how system settings were handled to update the interface. Previously, the interface of the DOME was one of the most painful parts of the system. I also appreciated the service desk that Brightspace has built up over the last three years. When I began using Brightspace, items could get lost very easily with the technical teams, but after some difficult issues, Brightspace has turned around a great deal, and updates to tickets were timely and applicable for a while before I stopped using it.

Desvantagens: I found that there were little things that Brightspace did not do well. For instance, workflows between different tools were very different based on the time that the original tool was designed. This led to user frustration and an increase of time training users on the common functions of the LMS. I also found that Brightspace tended to minimize small updates or fixes in order to focus on major updates. While major updates are important to survive in the field, sometimes known bugs would remain for years without a fix.

• Avaliado em 26/06/2015
Candace O.
Student
  • Avaliado em 21/07/2018

"As a student, Brightspace/D2L gave me the opportunity to take classes I couldn't fit in my schedule!"

Comentários: I have gained the ability to take some higher-level courses online which are necessary for college admissions/success, which I could not fit into my senior year schedule due to being a busy student!

Vantagens: I love that I can take these classes outside of school. I am currently taking four classes on Brightspace (Sociology, Psychology, Spanish III Semesters 1 & 2) because I could not fit them into my schedule for my senior year. In addition, each class comes with a "90 Day Plan" in the course materials, which helps keep me on track; I try to do more per day than what is on the plan, as I'm trying to get most of the workload finished before school starts again.
This brings me to my next point: Working at my own speed! As evidenced by my taking four classes over the summer, I am an advanced student who is serious about her education. Brightspace gives students the flexibility of working at their own speed. Although a "90 Day Plan" is offered as a guideline, there are no daily requirements set by the software itself. As a high schooler, some days I'm just busy, plain and simple. I don't have to worry about fulfilling a daily requirement with Brightspace. Again, the flexibility of completing online courses at my own pace is invaluable to a busy student like myself.

Desvantagens: There's not much to complain about with this software. However, there is one issue I face on the daily with Brightspace. When working on a lesson, every now and again there will be a little box that pops up warning the user that if the session exceeds 30 minutes of inactivity, they will be logged out and will have to log back in again. I understand that it is set to do this for security reasons, but it is incredibly annoying when I'm taking notes on the lesson (which takes a decent amount of time) to have to be wary of the pop up appearing.

• Avaliado em 21/07/2018
Lilian W.
HR Manager
Emprego e contratação, 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Fonte: GetApp
  • Avaliado em 06/03/2019

"Robust and diverse LMS for best results"

Comentários: I think this app is equally useful for both teachers and students. It is perfect for sharing files between users, it can keep people organized, and it also can provide with a high level of communication, as it has features that are not available in other platforms.

Vantagens: This app has everything students can use to avoid failing deadlines. It helps students to keep all critical data in one place, so it makes them more organized and aware of the education process. In Brightspace you can drag and drop all kind of files, as well as rearrange them, so new content can be easily seen. For teachers, it is also easy to create different types of tests or quizzes without spending much time or many resources. Brightspace is a well-known LMS and is used across our college as the learning management platform. It is used to distribute the different type of information, assignments tests, which makes the education process for both students and teachers more convenient.

Desvantagens: This app lacks an intuitive interface. It is difficult to get used it, and it requires time to understand how to activate one feature or another. You need time to customize your interface; otherwise, it will be cluttered and even more complicated to use. There is an option to create discussions, but it is hard to organize them. It also would be nice to have a video chat option so that some lectures can be given online. Tech support can be improved, as it is not helpful and it usually blames users instead of fixing the problem.

• Fonte: GetApp
  • Avaliado em 06/03/2019
Jeremy W.
Ensino fundamental e médio
  • Avaliado em 02/07/2015

"Brightspace: a powerful, but not the most intuitive LMS"

Vantagens: Brightspace puts a lot of options at the user's disposal. It is a powerful, robust LMS that can be customized to fit a wide variety of preferences. As an admin and as an instructor, I really appreciated that the system did not lock me in to one way of doing things. I also really like how much, especially in recent years, the Brightspace development team seeks for input from its users (and provides great forums for sharing ideas for improvements).

Desvantagens: Currently, Brightspace does not have a very robust way of setting up communications throughout the course. They use a feature called "intelligent agents" for sending notices to students when they meet certain criteria (for example, sending a particular note to a student when he is inactive in the course or performs particularly well on an assessment). This feature, however, lacks a good deal of "intelligence" and is pretty restricted in what it can do. I also feel that much of Brightspace is not particularly intuitive or streamlined. I'd like to see them improve on ease of use (without sacrificing power). A good example of this is the quiz feature where finding the exact page you need to get to in order to edit questions and grade values is a bit like a scavenger hunt.

• Avaliado em 02/07/2015
Melissa E.
Adjunct Professor
Educação superior, 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 05/04/2019

"Best used for online courses"

Comentários: I have not had any problems using Brightspace or D2L. I think the user interface is easy to learn and it is easy to find where I need to be to make assignments, grade submissions, and more. The system allows you to work as the administrator/faculty/teacher/instructor/ but also allows you to switch to the student view, which enables you to see what your students will see. I like that feature! It is extremely easy to upload files and images and adding hyperlinks is also a breeze, allowing you to choose the new window to open within the course or on a separate page. Even when they update the software, I find it very easy to learn the new applications. I have used a few other systems in the past and I really do like Brightspace and D2L over the others.

Vantagens: I found this software very easy to use and pretty intuitive. It is fresh looking on the screen and I've not had any issues with the system not working as it should.

Desvantagens: There are a few extra clicks that have to take place in some parts of the software to get back to where you want to be. That is somewhat annoying, but a minor issue.

• Avaliado em 05/04/2019