I absolutely love this product!

Avaliado em 13/11/2018
Heather V.
Instructional Design and Faculty Development Coordinator
Educação superior, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Softchalk provides the capability to make LMS lessons look so professional, and the interactive activities are fantastic! Crosswords, embedded videos, matching, drag and drop are just a few of the possibilities. And it integrates with the LMS Gradebook.

Desvantagens: There are some glitches in the coding that make you have to completely quit and restart the app, sometimes losing work in the process.

Teaching with SoftChalk Cloud

Avaliado em 29/10/2019
Instructor
Educação superior, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I've been able to move my research methods course to a hybrid format where students learn to use new databases and tutorials online. Since I can embed the database or search box right in the tutorial, students can read my text, test out the tools, answer questions, and get feedback all in one place. Plus grades can be sent to the gradebook automatically, so I don't have to monitor their sign-ins.

Vantagens: SoftChalk Cloud allows me to create interactive tutorials for my students, with a large variety of types of activity and formative assessment, as well as embedded videos and iFrames. It's compatible with multiple learning management systems, so I retain the ability to use the tutorials even if the university changes systems in the future, or if I change universities, or if I want to share a tutorial with a colleague elsewhere.

Desvantagens: Formatting the tutorial pages isn't always intuitive, and it can be difficult to get things to look quite how I want them. When the tutorial is embedded in my LMS, security settings often result in blocking iFrames and some graphics, so students have to disable browser security to complete the tutorial.

OER possibilities

Avaliado em 27/09/2019
Yvonne S.
Instructional Designer
E-Learning, 501-1.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: It could save time and help since many institutions are being pressured to more toward OER content. This makes is easy to build and share in an LMS.

Vantagens: SoftChalk helps me help faculty create accessible and original content in our LMS. Using it allows us to make content more engaging with activities and we encourage users to stop the slide presentations and convert to this instead.

Desvantagens: It's a little clunky and hard for some faculty to get a hang of. The SC cloud improved it a bit, but there is learning curve on it. Most faculty can't just jump in and start using it, they'll need to watch the help videos or get a walk through.

Tough initial learning curve but worth learning.

Avaliado em 03/01/2019
Instructional Manager - World Languages, Music and Art
E-Learning, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Softchalk Cloud is a robust editor that makes it pretty straightforward to put together content. For basics it hits all the marks and is fairly straightforward to navigate once you get past the learning curve and learn what everything does.

Desvantagens: It's difficult to make objects visually appealing with Softchalk, I always feel like I'm making a big list of left aligned content. The save time for each object is insane, and it's the first thing we warn new users about.

Be creative!

Avaliado em 04/01/2019
Mathematics and Business Instructor
E-Learning, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: SoftChalk's features are only limited by one's own creativity. In my organization, we used standard templates to create a custom look across all departments and barely tapped into the possibilities. The final look was professional and easy to follow.

Desvantagens: This seems to be my common experience, but math equations were tedious to type in. If I wrote one or two equations, that wasn't so bad; however, inserting page after page of unique equations was challenging.

Not a fan...

Avaliado em 21/08/2018
Richard S.
Blackboard Support and Services Manager
Educação superior, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I racked my brain to try to find something positive to say about Softchalk but I just couldn't.

Desvantagens: It looks like 90's internet software and brings up memories of Netscape Navigator and Webcrawler...I find the setup tedious and cumbersome. I cannot recommend this software.