Avaliações do AIM

• Geral
    3,5 /5
    4,1 /5

Sobre AIM

O AIM é um software empresarial completo de ponto de venda, gestão de estoques e contabilidade para o setor de varejo. (O AIM vem pronto para EMV)

Saiba mais sobre o AIM

Exibindo 170 avaliações

Avaliador Verificado
Serviços ao consumidor
Usou o software por: 6 a 12 meses
  • Avaliado em 13/03/2018

"Its really easy to make reports which is good for this type of software"

Vantagens: I really like how you can easily generate reports, that's important for my business and I believe this software can do the best job of it.

Desvantagens: I don't like that's a little clunky to use, but that should go without saying because this is super complex software we're dealing with here.

• Avaliado em 13/03/2018
Holly V.
Owner/Operator
  • Avaliado em 17/11/2020

"Pleased!"

Comentários: Overall we are very happy with AIM for our business. The tech support is awesome! They are always ready to help and super friendly. I love that they can remote in and show us what to do.

Vantagens: We have been using the contract module side of AIM for our instrument rental contracts to keep track of monthly payments since the beginning of our business in 2004. We pulled away for a brief stint to try another company and it was a disaster. The instrument rental contracts are the bread and butter of our business. If it fails, we fail. If the customer doesn't feel like they can trust us with their personal info because the system fails, we fail. It's a reflection on us. We came back to AIM in 2019 and went all in with the full point of sale system and we've never looked back. We highly recommend AIM.

Desvantagens: We do wish that there weren't so many steps to follow. Seems like there is a huge learning curve to this program. Once you live it and breath it like it do it's one thing. But my employees tend to make mistakes often because they miss a step.
And for example: having to get out of one frame and into another one for the same customer with a different question about their account is sometimes frustrating.
Also. I really wish that an email went out immediately to my rental contract customers on autopay when their card is declined. The ability is there, as they receive an email immediately when the payment goes through, but not when it declines. This would help our collection dept out tremendously if this option was implemented.

• Avaliado em 17/11/2020
Miles S.
manager
  • Avaliado em 08/08/2017

"Legacy database that our company is slowly replacing with more modern systems"

Comentários: Years of data can be searched through. We currently use it for recurring billing via credit cards for monthly rental and lesson tuition payments. Those recurring charges must be manually triggered every day though.

Vantagens: Does not have glitches or communication errors. Data that has been input stays there forever. Interface has never changed, ever. So if you are familiar with it, there is a comfort factor.

Desvantagens: The user interface has very few, if any, task stream allowances or cross linking between data entry areas.
The typical interaction with Aimsi requires starting from the home screen and navigating the "Module" you need, selecting the "Find," searching for the correct customer account, pulling up the relative info about them.
Then...
Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again..
Then...
Restarting from the home screen, module you need to add or edit the other part of the changes that are needed, "find," find that account again...
While there are hot keys to speed up this process it is still a very primitive workflow. Newer systems have you choose the customer account first, then proceed to enter new data, while Aimsi requires finding the module, and then the account, over and over again. Networking your store for Aismsi to work off of one of your local PCs requires above average networking skills. Backups and hardware upgrades are your problem and responsibility. You will need someone on call unless you happen to have above average IT skills.

• Avaliado em 08/08/2017
Tara C.
Usou o software por: 6 a 12 meses
  • Avaliado em 29/06/2020

"Phenomenal Experience"

Comentários: We were having problems remembering who put what in the system and if it got logged in correctly and whatnot. The ATF Compliant Bound Book completely mitigates that problem. The Technical Support team has been able to answer each and every question I've had, which is incredible, considering I've called them many times when I've in the middle of a process (both on the test system AND live system) I don't understand or forgot how to continue on. They've been wonderful and have not at all made me feel crazy or gotten tired of answering my questions. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. We did have a small issue with a scanner, but the way it was handled was done so professionally and so well, that I consider it a privilege to have dealt with the company in this manner. It showed me that they really care about their customers and back their products and will make it right, no matter what.

Vantagens: We have been utilizing the POS (Point of Sale) System, and it's very intuitive. You go through a couple test transactions, and it's like riding a bike. You can do it so quickly and effectively. We used the testing system and were able to play around it a lot without worrying about mistakes that will mess up your entire system. We have the label printer, the receipt printer, and the wireless scanner, and they have made our little gun shop look SO professional and streamlined. Gone are the days of handwritten receipts! We can now track customers to see what each person buys and can add notes and wish list items! The Bound Book is ATF compliant, and it has made checking the firearms in and out a breeze. We are going to be purchasing the PO module next, so I can't wait to implement that!

Desvantagens: I can't really say there are any Cons...I would just say it is a bit of a learning curve and can be a bit overwhelming at first, but the support that is offered is just phenomenal.

• Avaliado em 29/06/2020
Georg L.
CFO
Artigos esportivos, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 19/01/2017

"AIMsi Does it All (almost)"

Comentários: Been using the software for two years now, and it seems to provide a solution for everything. I wish there was a bit better integration across the different modules, such as allowing station rentals, short-term rentals, long-term rentals, and contract payments to all be made on the same checkout as regular sales orders, instead of needing to process them all at once. The payroll area also needs some improvements, it is good for recording payroll expense, but you will need a separate application to actually do the real payroll tracking/deductions/taxes. Otherwise it handles everything from rentals, bay/station rentals, it has full accounting, chart of accounts, general ledger, integrates to your purchasing/receiving, has full inventory tracking with multiple locations. Basically you can run your business with a few minor outside resources, from this one package. Even managing employees/time tracking etc... Pros: Accounting, Rentals, POS Touchscreen support, Integrated Credit Card, Employee Management, Membership Modules, Integrated Gift Cards, Inventory Control, Invoice Management Cons: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately - The payroll is not very robust

Vantagens: Accounting
Membership Modules
Integrated Gift Cards
Inventory Control
Invoice Management

Desvantagens: The systems don't all share one checkout - each type of transaction (rental, station, contract payment, merchandise sale) must be rung up separately
The payroll is not very robust

Steve J.
Usou o software por: Mais de um ano
  • Avaliado em 20/01/2021

"Ok for small-scale non-ecommerce shops"

Comentários: It was a good starting point, but we outgrew this software within 2 years of starting the company. Our eCommerce portal was functional, but cumbersome.

Vantagens: The tracking data on products was quite helpful. Serial numbers were regarded as individual numbers with unique purchase order receiving data that could be cross referenced with customer service records and trade-in information. Backorder protocol for Purchase Orders is the one thing I do miss about this software.

Desvantagens: Local server based. This made it very difficult to process transactions remotely (tradeshows, etc) or work remotely.

• Avaliado em 20/01/2021
Megan H.
Varejistas
    4,5 /5
  • Avaliado em 05/09/2014

"AIMsi has more and more to recommend it as we learn more about it"

Vantagens: This is a great POS for our instrument sale and rental business. There's just enough flexibility in it without having to do everything freeform. The more we use it, the more we learn about new ways that it can help us. And the support option is great. Their staff is very knowledgeable and has been of tremendous help to us on several occasions. We've used AIMsi for years already, yet we're still finding new ways that it can help our business. The designers seem to have anticipated most of the needs of a shop like ours. Whenever we decide we want to do something new, we find there is an option in AIMsi for exactly that. That's a great sign of a well-designed product.

Desvantagens: There are a couple of features that would be nice to have (ability to refund an initial rental payment in the system, reverse an approval return, etc.), but they're just things that would be helpful to us specifically. The only other thing that we really find irritating at all is that the formatting on the straight-to-email option isn't really compatible with Gmail recipients, so the large number of our customers with Gmail get invoices and the like that are very difficult to read and not very professional-looking. We get around that by printing them to PDF instead, but it would be nice to have it work in one step.

• Avaliado em 05/09/2014
Brian M.
Pres
Artigos esportivos, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 18/02/2018

"Over all, VERY happy. Best all in one POS for Firearms Retailers"

Comentários: All in one POS for firearms retailer with the best pricing that WIL NOT break your bank!!

Vantagens: Lots to offer for the firearms retailer at eh best possible price compared to there competitors. We have been very happy with the system as a whole and although there is a lot to learn, support is just a call away. Having Bound Book linked right to your inventory is very helpful and there is even a delayed delivery choice in the POS for state like us in IL that require a waiting period for firearms purchases.

Desvantagens: There is a lot to learn and many items/field we don't use, but can not simply delete. We have to work around them. For being such a gun based POS system, there are things that could use improving to keep retailers compliant. But every time we make a suggestion to support, it is taken in kind and it the modification can be made, they do it!

• Avaliado em 18/02/2018
Bonnie R.
  • Avaliado em 21/01/2018

"One of the worst business decisions I have made."

Comentários: We gained POS software with serialized inventory track-ability from this software, something that we were lacking with QuickBooks.

Vantagens: It can handle a lot of inventory and a lot of different skus. The POS module is decent as far as keeping track of a lot of customers and barcodes. If you do opt for this software, stick with the very basic POS module only.

Desvantagens: There are sooooo many things....
First off, the platform itself is extremely outdated. The only people who like this software are companies who have been using it for more than 10 years and haven't tried anything newer.
Our IT guy HATES it, and TriTech wants you to spend thousands of dollars on an old-school server set-up because it can't be set up with any sort of cloud system. One thing to keep in mind is the relatively cheap up front cost is just the beginning, as the hardware costs are going to get you BIG TIME when you have to keep going backwards in time and adding hardware, IT, and specialized accounting costs on top of everything else (did I mention our accounting costs quintupled when we started using AIMsi?!).
You can hardly ever correct a mistake, and we found this out right away when even TriTech support messed up trying to help us correct a simple mistake early on. Making corrections is tedious if not impossible, and yet the program is so counter-intuitive it's very easy to make mistakes even if you've been working with it for awhile.
The accounting module is a joke, and this is where I feel like it was truly a bad business decision. We went live officially in 2016 after practicing for about 6 months, and after 11 months of trying to get off of QuickBooks completely and get on only one reporting software we finally gave up on AIMsi as we started losing sight of numbers and business goals.
Bottom line, there are way better options out there than AIMsi.

• Avaliado em 21/01/2018
Patricia S.
Manager/Tech
Usou o software por: 1 a 5 meses
  • Avaliado em 02/12/2020

"Tri Tech Aim"

Comentários: I trained 3 other employees on the Aim system with no problems. Actually easier than the old software to log in and out of. We all have worked together in learning and share when we find another advantage to this system.

Vantagens: This software made conversion easy and effective. I had no problems with changing over from our old software to Aim. A few corrections were needed but overall very easy.

Desvantagens: I have not found any problems so far and hopefully won't in the future.

• Avaliado em 02/12/2020
John D.
Varejistas
  • Avaliado em 12/09/2014

"Outstanding product and tech support!"

Vantagens: The product I use has made tracking over 12,000 consigned items a manageable endeavor. In addition to the impeccable tech support I receive, the ability to track each and every product in the store, from intake to settlement, has made this business venture a pleasure. I probably only use 50% of the features, but those I use make my job easy. I can readily identify all pertinent information regarding an item, track notes on the consignor's item and sale preferences, and easily upload all information at the click of a button to my website. A few of the key features I use most are the abilities to associate similar items to one another, to produce reports for each consignor on items sold and still open, to create accounting reports on daily activity, to retrieve a customer's information for mail merge at settlement time, to track my inventory on both quantity and revenue generated to determine my seasonality and busiest days, and to un-publish items from the website once they reach quantity zero (can you imagine doing this manually?). I also enjoy the easy of use in the Aesys admin system. I've been able to manage and tailor the website to suit my needs with little help from the web support team (another great facet of the product). The ability for real-time lookup of shipping costs and credit card processing made the integration of these items a breeze.

Desvantagens: There are times the system will crash if I have the SA Inventory, customer info, receive batch consignment, and the sales invoice windows open at the same time. There are times I need to have these available in the dynamic environment I've created, and the "Swordfish" errors can be a hassle. Also, there are some canned reports in the catalog that don't seem to work, and creating reports with the wizard is not the easiest or the most intuitive.

• Avaliado em 12/09/2014
Carl K.
Artigos esportivos, 11-50 funcionários
Usou o software por: Mais de um ano
  • Avaliado em 11/11/2019

"Great Customer Support"

Comentários: Our company spent a lot of time looking for a new POS system. After a ton of research we decided to go with Tri-tech. We could not be happier. Our Rep was very nice and not pushy. We've had the POS system for just about 2 years and my rep that sold me the system told me if I have ever need anything just to call him. I've held him to it and he has definitely kept his word. They're tech support has been great but, if I have to have one negative thing it would be on the tech support. The problem is when you call tech support for a question you just get a random person. The person you talk to will help you fix the problem you're having but, if you call back for the same issue, you get a different person that has a different way to fix the problem. So it could get confusing at times. I talked to my rep and he assured me they were making changes to make sure the support you get is more consistent. But honestly its a very small complaint and in no way affects the 5 star rating. If your looking for a new POS system I would strongly recommend taking a look at Tri-Technical Systems.

Vantagens: The customer support was great. It seemed the easiest to use. We are not a big company and this seemed to work best for us.

Desvantagens: Tech support is a little confusing. I described below, when you call customer support you talk to a different person. That can cause an issue because each person has a different way to fix the problem you're having.

• Avaliado em 11/11/2019
Sharon M.

"aimsi review"

Comentários: It was hard to learn at first and I find my new employees have a bit more trouble with it than I like. Support is good but I have frustrations when CC processor and yourself throw the blame back on each other when resolving such problems. I think the separate module are a bit pricey unless you can catch a sale. And unfortunately I wish there was better online instruction to able to learn a new module. customer support is limits how much they show you in that area. I feel as though I utilize only about 50% of what aimsi can do just because there is no instruction of resource available online. And what's the point of the scheduling tab in reports when it doesn't give data even though the choices of reports are the same in the lesson tab and they work there. Customer service told me the tab doesn't work yet.

Vantagens: customer contact capture and credit card processing .

Desvantagens: modules priced individually and that updates aren't discounted for current customers.

Miles S.
manager
  • Avaliado em 09/02/2018

"Very updated interface"

Comentários: Expensive!!!!! Time to "update" to the newest version? Expensive!!!!

Vantagens: Solid database. Features specifically designed for our industry like lesson billing, rent to own tracking

Desvantagens: Crashes daily because it isn't fully compatible with newer versions of windows. Not easy to use at multiple locations. Requires arcane network setup like environment variables because you have to pay for a total number of "terminals." Very clumsy user interface because you have to start from the master look up process for every piece of data you need to enter. Autopays are only semi automatic because they only run when you tell them to and once again you have to start from the master look up screen multiple times to: generate an auto pay list with manually input dates, transmit the autopays, post the autopays, cancel the denied auto pays, print out a denied list. Lesson billing is usable yet clumsy, lesson scheduling is a joke.

• Avaliado em 09/02/2018
Brian H.
  • Avaliado em 09/10/2020

"One stop POS system"

Vantagens: I chose AIM because it had everything I needed in one place. I am an old school small town music store. Retail sales, private lessons, rentals and repairs are all part of the store. AIM allows me to do all those things in one program. I can look up a customer and see history or whatever I need and it will all be there. I also like that I own the program and it is not a subscription based service. Customer support is very helpful and they can even customize the program for me. Highly recommended!

Desvantagens: There is a lot going on in the program. It takes a long time to understand and get up and running. Don't expect to get it and be up and running in a day. Once you learn how to operate it you will be happy with it

• Avaliado em 09/10/2020