Avaliações do MemberPress

4,8 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,8 /5

Sobre MemberPress

MemberPress is the best WordPress Membership Plugin. This Membership Software enables you to charge for access to your site.

Saiba mais sobre o MemberPress

Exibindo 25 avaliações de 157

Veronica P.
Gestão da educação, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 08/01/2021

"The course add-on is simply the best"

Vantagens: After struggling for months (and at each and every WP update) with a different LMS plugin, I finally transferred all my courses on MemberPress. I cannot tell you how much everything changed in better, I have now no more issues and finally I can manage all my courses and memberships from one and plugin! I love this add-on.

Desvantagens: I don't have any complaint, especially after the Elementor integration now MemberPress seem to have all the elements and qualities I wished for.

Jim briant B.
Boss
E-Learning, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 22/10/2020

"The ONLY one"

Comentários: The best solution for subscription type e-learning or for restricting your content. Sadly it is a little bit hard to customize if you’re new to this and the design with regards to payment methods or log in are flat “boring”. The courses “new feature”, needs a lot of things to improve, I don’t even know how to use it and I can’t use elementor with it and has no quizzes available yet. There is also not enough guide on how to use it, the guy from youtube is confusing. Overall with regards to content protection I love it. I forgot to mention, some customers who request for password reset don’t receive any reply - again maybe I don’t know how to set it up.

Vantagens: I really love the access restrictions, wherein you can select any content that you want to block.

Desvantagens: The new feature “Courses” needs at lot of improvement and also need more guide on how to use it.

• Avaliado em 22/10/2020
Katie A.
Executive Director
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 02/10/2020

"Unless you have weeks to dedicate to setup or you're a coder - don't bother"

Comentários: I've spent DAYS asking support questions. They give the minimum answer with no real interest in helping to find a solution. If we weren't already in so deep, we'd move to a simpler, more user-friendly, platform.

Vantagens: Ability to work with existing content in Wordpress

Desvantagens: Horrible implementation and setup - especially for anyone with an existing membership.

por Caseproof em 19/10/2020

Hello Katie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and Capterra community. Though it's always disappointing to learn that a customer has had a negative experience, we consider these times an opportunity to focus on how we can improve. If you'd like to further discuss your concerns, please contact us at [email protected] Again, thank you for your review, and we do hope that we can work together to find a solution to your problem.
Sincerely,
MemberPress Customer Support

• Avaliado em 02/10/2020
Brandon D.
WordPress Engineer
Internet, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 06/10/2020

"MemberPress is the #1 Membership Plugin for WordPress"

Comentários: Setting up MemberPress can require you to know and understand a little bit about memberships sites. Once it's set up and configured, I usually don't have to tweak the settings at all. Everything just works. Creating protected content for a course is super easy now too.

Vantagens: MemberPress allows me to set up basic membership sites as well as fully-customized membership experiences. The code under the hood includes WordPress hooks and filters so folks who are more technically minded can extend it to suit their needs. The new Course Management features allow you to create online classrooms for your users to view a stylish version of your course content. It's quick and easy to build out your course content with without having to worry about spending time customizing layouts .

Desvantagens: Some of the UI is a little clunky. One of the reasons it's been around for so long is because its functionality is robust. Because it's been around for so many years, some of its UI feels a little out of date. They are continually making improvements so this doesn't bother me.

Rebecca P.
Owner/Founder
Veterinária, Profissional autônomo

"Great for non-coders"

Comentários: I originally purchased WooCommerce and had a lot of trouble trying to configure it for use with memberships. It required several add-on purchases. And then still was not compatible with my WordPress Theme (despite claiming to be, and this conclusion came from the Authorize IT help group). Whereas WooCommerce customer service was horrible, extremely slow to receive replies, often replies were irrelevant, and where relevant required coding experience to understand/implement...Memberpress Customer service was amazing. Setup was easy without support; however, I wanted to do a few things with memberships that were non-traditional They were very quick with help, and it was very easy to understand, and included screenshots and instructions. It was clear that it was worth the money and effort to make the switch to Memberpress. If they fully integrated with Stripe to allow use of Apple Pay, I'd say it was perfect for what I needed/wanted.

Vantagens: Ease of use (I am not in the computer field and do not code, and it was simple to set up)
Designed specifically for Memberships

Desvantagens: Doesn't fully integrate with Stripe (e.g., cannot use Apple Pay, cannot customize Stripe invoices)

Marie P.
Redação e edição de texto, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 28/12/2020

"After Much Research, It Was a Great Choice"

Comentários: I love having my membership site ready to go without weeks of work to get there.

Vantagens: I liked how easy it was to put my private pages behind a paywall. It was quite user friendly.

Desvantagens: I did have some difficulty adding Stripe and Paypal and lacked confidence that it all worked, but in the end it did! Also, it did not integrate with my email provider, SendinBlue.

Donna M.
Gestão da educação, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 08/12/2020

"Memberpress is the best!"

Comentários: Awesome

Vantagens: I like the ease of use - can set up a new product, membership, rule in just minutes.

Desvantagens: Would like to track coupons on same export as transactions.

• Avaliado em 08/12/2020
Susan H.
Agricultura, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 07/10/2020

"High ROI"

Comentários: At the end of the day MemberPress delivered more than expected for the least investment of time and money.

Vantagens: MemberPress made it possible to free up the most time-consuming job of my membership site: student access to course files. Absolutely love being able to design and implement coupon codes in the blink of an eye allowing me to simply track source of sign-ups.

Desvantagens: It takes an investment of time for the non-technical user.

• Avaliado em 07/10/2020
Libby S.
Director of Operations
Produção audivisual, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 06/10/2020

"MemberPress takes it for the win!"

Comentários: So far the experience has been stellar! They answered questions quickly while we were setting it up and we have had no hiccups or issues with memberships processing properly.

Vantagens: What I like most about this software is how easy it was to set up and implement it and the fact that you can set it and forget it. Customer support is fantastic and out of all the software we researched this one had the most to provide us for both settings and integrations with other plugins. We have already paid for this software from our memberships sold!

Desvantagens: There are not too many features missing, although for future developement it would be nice to see some expanding referral/affiliate options.

Ross J.
Esportes, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 23/10/2020

"Memberpress Best Platform For Subscription Sites"

Comentários: My business has traditionally required me to travel the globe and teach horsemanship. But in these times of covid 19, that's not possible. Memberpress has enabled me to earn income by attracting subscribers to my web site to view video and other forms of content. It's been a very rewarding experience and has helped build a community of my students.

Vantagens: Memberpress has all the features I need in a subscription platform and integrates easily with Wordpress. There are a lot of great tutorials and information on the site for first-time users like me and the support team are timely and very helpful.

Desvantagens: As a non-tech person I'd like to see more flexibility in customising the inbuilt pages (eg Unauthorised page) using a visual builder rather than code

• Avaliado em 23/10/2020
Laurie W.
Publicidade e marketing, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 28/12/2020

"The best membership plugin for Wordpress hands-down!"

Comentários: I've been using MemberPress for for about six years. I haven't found a better solution that meets my requirements. I've been VERY happy with it!

Vantagens: I like it's flexibility and scalability. I run two websites that use Memberpress. On one site I have over 10 memberships setup ... I'm able to upgrade members between memberships and upsale to other memberships. I use it to manage access to virtual events, leveled resources and my contributor team. It's so flexible it integrates well with my email marketing and affiliate software.

Desvantagens: I wish I could offer multiple levels of a single membership. Right now, I have to set up a separate membership for each option.... for example I would like to offer a different price for memberships for those who are already a member of another specific membership. Instead I have to create several memberships for this and it's a pain to manage members of multiple memberships (i.e. pulling reports,etc.)

Miles W.
Owner Operator Magicmiles Software
Software, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 06/10/2020

"Best Software In Its Class!"

Comentários: I use MEMBERPRESS. It does everything you could want and more. I run a subscription based video site. User buys a subscription to my exclusive content on a 3 month basis, or a year long basis. Credit card processing is handled by any number of services. Content is protected 6 ways from sunday. NO ONE is getting access to my content. No one. I use Amazon S3 as the video host, so with another plugin, you can virtually run a video content site, with no load on the live server whatsoever. All the video is pulled from amazon and piped through to the user’s browser request at whatever speed they can handle. Memberpress makes this simple and painless with it's own S3 Access Plugin. Basically I write an article, post a video and attach it to the article. When a user comes to the page, they see the article and the video. Amazon hosts the video, and memberpress protects the content from unauthorized access. The cool part about this is that MemberPress only shows the user what I want them to see in the article. IF they’re a free user, they see X, if there a gold user, they see Y, if they’re a platinum user they see Z. Billing, and All other transactions happen seamlessly, if I need to see a transaction I can. I can cancel or hold any individual or all transactions from the admin screen. If I want to market directly to a group, I can. If I want to send out mail to a long mailing list of users, I can do w/ a built-in 3rd party tool. This thing has so many features, it's crazy.

Vantagens: The ease and timeliness with which I was able to set up a paywall for my instructional videos as well as to set up payment tiers, and payment services that were exceptionally painless. Really the only tedium with MemberPress is having to collect the cash. If it did that then I'd be happier.

Desvantagens: This a small thing, and it really is tiny, when needing to pull a user account, and look at it, it would be nice if I could look at the user account from the USERS list to see their full access and what their capabilities are. It's one more step that you ideally don't want to have to do.

Daniel F.
  • Avaliado em 05/12/2017

"The most robust and sensibly designed of the wordpress membership plugins"

Comentários: Robust wordpress membership platform which we use for delivery of paid courses and learning management. Acts as a complex framework on which you can build a very elaborate membership site rich in features and with quite customisable behaviour.

Vantagens: It doesn't take over your installation and hog the wordpress admin like many plugins do. It keeps itself in its own section and has a reasonable number of settings. Memberpress should really be considered a membership framework upon which you can assemble a versatile range of membership and subscription based sites rather than an out of the box product, i.e. there's still a lot of work to do yourself but memberpress will help you more than it will cause headaches, and that is not always the case with wordpress membership plugins. Really fantastic rule making section means that you can create things like tag and category restrictions or take it to a whole level of complexity and control by restricting custom post types and taxonomies. The latter approach is excellent for those combining this with custom fields and really customising the admin panel heavily. Integrations are not endless but are well considered and usually best of class i.e. Stripe, Paypal, Mailchimp, Drip etc...

Desvantagens: Because it's a framework really, it is possible to use memberpress badly if you are not an experienced wordpress developer. Not making good rules for restriction and relying on per page restriction for example can set you up for a messy future and makes you very dependent on memberpress. The forms and payment workflow could be nicer. The user self-service section needs some work although it can be styled with CSS. it would be nice if the defaults were a bit more modern and adapted a bit better to themes. More action based hooks would be useful to make a very customisable membership signup and upgrade flow.

Hello Daniel,
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We appreciate it! We're committed to constant improvement, and reviews like yours help us to accomplish that. Please feel free to contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or additional concerns. Thanks, again!

• Avaliado em 05/12/2017
Aaron R.
Ócio, viagens e turismo, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 01/05/2020

"All of the power and options, with much less hassle"

Comentários: MemberPress controls access to back office functions for contractor sales agents. It allows me to ensure that agents under contract have access to some parts of the site, agents who are no longer under contract but still have unsettled business can still access a smaller subset of the site, and agents considering entering a contractual relationship can be given person-specific access to a different discrete set of pages to help them make their decisions and fill out contract forms.

Vantagens: I was able to set up MemberPress on a somewhat complicated WordPress multi-site setup with a minimum of issues (those that did crop up were my own fault). Configuring multiple membership levels and controlling access by membership level was well-explained and easy to implement. And it was, by far, the easiest of the membership plugins I experimented with to get set up to handle membership payments.

Desvantagens: Processing payments on the visitor end was easy enough, but managing the payments on the back-end can be confusing. Automatic renewal is only possible via subscription payments, and I couldn't find a way to override this to facilitate entry of annual subscription payments received in other ways.

Maggie D.
Website Manager
Hospitais e Saúde, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 04/05/2020

"Robust Membership plugin for Wordpress"

Comentários: Overall, MemberPress is a really versatile and useful plugin for building a membership site and has lots of great features. We've found it to be a good fit for our business and are happy with it. Customer service is always fast and friendly if we have any questions or problems.

Vantagens: It's really easy to set up rules for which members can access what content. Our particular site offers downloadable resources, so Members are able to access all pages, but certain resources are only able to be viewed and downloaded by Members of specific membership levels. Once we set it up the first time, it has worked wonderfully and makes uploading new resources for various membership levels very easy.
The plugin is also fairly easy to adjust to suit our needs with very little coding knowledge needed. Most features are already included and it's just a matter of selecting them.

Desvantagens: We offer a different annual price every year for new members, but old members continue to pay the price they first signed up with. At the moment, the 'Membership path' (going from free to paid, or paid down to free, for example) only allows a certain membership to be used once in paths. It would be much simpler for administrators if they could use a membership level in more than one path. As it stands for us, members who have signed up in previous years do not automatically go down to the free version if they stop their paid version. They simply cease to have access and we have to manually give them free access.

• Avaliado em 04/05/2020
Amanda H.
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 01/05/2020

"Good Solution for Membership Website"

Comentários: It’s been great so far!

Vantagens: This software integrates easily in Wordpress websites. While the UI is a little challenging, the software is very feature-rich.

Desvantagens: The transaction vs subscription relationship is confusing. Also, the lack of built in directory feature.

Hello Amanda,
Thank you for taking the time to submit your review. If you'd like assistance understanding the transaction/subscription relationship, please feel free to submit your questions to [email protected] Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Eric H.
Technical Director
Mídia digital, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 08/01/2021

"MemberPress easy for Membership"

Vantagens: Very easy to set up even though it is very robust.

Desvantagens: Sometimes I can't find check boxes and I have to search around for them. A system tree that is searchable would be nice.

Amanda V.
Operational Systems Specialist
E-Learning, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 09/12/2020

"Pivoting with ease"

Comentários: We had to pivot rapidly (thanks COVID) from in-person classes to delivering all our Pilates, Yoga and fitness training online. We implemented the entire online learning portal using our current website and adding MemberPress to control access to content across our many offerings. In order to keep the business afloat, we only a few days to make this all happen and I would have not been able to do it without MemberPress and it's simple usability. No, I didn't sleep for 3 days but we did it!

Vantagens: Easy to implement
Drag & Drop is great
Easy to create a module template and reuse it over and over within a course
Stripe integration is great (and the only payment gateway I will now use)

Desvantagens: PayPal integration is clunky - but that's more a PayPal issue than MP.

• Avaliado em 09/12/2020
Bruno R.
Periodista
Publicidade e marketing, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 30/04/2020

"Very complete and easy to use"

Comentários: Configured once, work with it over years

Vantagens: Easy to configure, drip content, email automations for remembers users, paypal and stripe payments.
Great integration with Wordpress.

Desvantagens: Once, some updates broke coupons codes, but fast solved.

• Avaliado em 30/04/2020
Ryan L.
Arquitetura e planejamento, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 06/10/2020

"The best wordpress plug-in for membership sites"

Comentários: Because I adopted this paid membership option to my site I have taken my hobby into a steady side business. Definately recommend giving memberpress a try.

Vantagens: For a non-recurring payment software that also will not take a cut of the earnings, this may be the best option out there. ALSO technical support is top of the line. I have had a few snags while setting up a custom theme and I get a response right away, even a personal video tutorial in one instance. The team also recommended a third party developer to do some custom integration and that has gone great.

Desvantagens: The admin areas are a little challenging at first, but this is largely because it must work within the Wordpress interface.

Vipin K.
Serviços financeiros, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 28/05/2020

"The best membership plugin in the peer group"

Comentários: I run a membership product in financial services where users get to access premium content. I tried several other plugins but the most easy to use and implement has been Memberpress.Not to mention at a very competitive price.

Vantagens: Setting rules, creating memberships and getting signups is a breeze. It is ready to use and launch.

Desvantagens: Except for Paypal, other country specific payment gateways are missing and one will have to do custom work to get them running.

Hello Vipin,
Thanks so much for your thoughtful review. Please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] if you have questions about or need assistance with setting up your payment gateways. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you!

Michael G.
President Executive Committee
Esportes, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 31/12/2020

"Great for our competitive parents"

Comentários: We use for our competitive parents. We have information about where the competitions are and the times of the competition. Changes is training times. Because we are dealing with youth competitors we don't want this information being shown to the public. It is easy to set up groups for each level so everyone get the correct information. No more sending out all those emails to remind parents about the information over and over again. We put it on the page and they know where to go to find the information and we can update it or change it if needed. With the support, they also check in on you after to make sure that you have solved the problem. This is nice and lots of times with plug-ins you have to keep on contacting them over and over till you figure out how so solve the problem

Vantagens: This is a very robust and detailed plug in. The ability to let certain groups see certain pages or certain parts of each page, allows you to get the correct information out to those who need it. MemberPress has relived our stress!

Desvantagens: I was a little lost at first, but with support and their online information it was easy to figure it out.

• Avaliado em 31/12/2020
Cheryl G.
Digital Consultant
Publicidade e marketing, 2-10 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 28/05/2020

"A quality solution for building online learning and resources on Wordpress"

Comentários: I've set up Memberpress on a dozen websites in the last 5 years and whenever I've had a question or difficulty the team has responded very helpfully.

Vantagens: Memberpress is super flexible and caters for multiple offerings, groups and commercial terms, with solid, well supported software. We've installed it on various websites, from online fitness training, choir memberships, to online personal finance courses. These vary from one-off pay-as-you-go transactions to view content, through to recurring subscriptions.

Desvantagens: It can take some time to understand how the different components: memberships, groups, rules and pages/posts affect each other and to really test every scenario of how a user would interact with the website.

Fanny V.
webdesigner
Telecomunicações, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 28/05/2020

"My Go_To membership plugin"

Comentários: I create online training websites and membership websites with Memberpress & Divi and Learndash.

Vantagens: All the features and options. To be able to build a full Membership site

Desvantagens: The price ;-)
But I choose a plan with enough licenses for happy clients.

Mark D.
Designer
Design, Profissional autônomo
  • Avaliado em 28/05/2020

"Up and running in less than an hour!"

Comentários: So far so good. Someone suggested I try another, less expensive option for my membership site, but everything is working so well with MemberPress that I didn't think the money I would save was worth the trouble.

Vantagens: MemberPress was so simple to set up. I indicated what pages were to be protected. Set up the various membership levels. Integrated it with the Stripe payment portal. In less than an hour, I was done and people were signing up.

Desvantagens: It took me a few tries to figure out the membership levels, but that's not really a fault of MemberPress. It was more me trying to do things too fast and missing steps in the documentation.