Only good if your needs are very Basic

Avaliado em 23/04/2018
Michael U.
IT Manager
Varejistas, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall Revel is a total letdown and will be replaced by year end with a better system, lots of things we were promised could be done require using their "Open API" which costs more per month than the entire POS system does for 5 stations. We were not told about the API pricing upfront (or that there was even a cost at all, it was pitched like it was included in the regular fee) just that we could use the API to do everything we told them we needed to do, my project manager informed me of the API pricing during our implementation, when I called out the sales rep for never mentioning the additional cost despite repeated conversations about how critical this was she told me "its not my job to tell you the pricing for the API since that's not my department" It is also very difficult to impossible to find and load an order in the dashboard by customer. You have to load the customers orders report, find the customer in the list, click show orders, note the order number, then go to the order history report and then you can click through to the order, why isn't the order number under customers order a hyperlink to take me to the order? They made a systems change to batch process updates to the POS instead of in realtime, we have a custom app that we use for check ins when a customer comes into the store and it adds customers to the revel system so we can link them to a sale and track close rate etc. They used to sync in real time from the dashboard to the stations, after a recent update it takes anywhere from 30-60 minutes for the customers to pull down from the revel dashboard. I have verified they show up on the dashboard instantly as they should, there is just a major delay in syncing back to the iPads now that was not there before the update. Reporting is very weak in certain areas, you can't view profit by anything other than employee which is worthless if you don't have pay rates loaded which we don't since we aren't using that aspect of the system. When we receive inventory in the store, we upload it into the revel dashboard via their excel template this works about 75% of the time, the rest of the time it just silently fails, you will never receive any notice that it failed, where it failed etc. So now before I do any uploads, I do an export of what we have immediately before so when it fails I can compare to the inventory after the partial upload to figure out where the import stopped so I can import the rest. I could keep going but bottom line is if your needs are more than barebones or you are not a restaurant you should look elsewhere for a much better solution.

Vantagens: Overall they have a nice POS interface and it is pretty stable. Their pricing is also pretty good for the base system.

Desvantagens: Functions are hard to find
Very much geared towards restaurants, so if you are in another business be prepared to see restaurant specific stuff all over you can't turn off
Material changes to the way things work with zero notice
Can only see profit margin by employee no P&L type report.
Inventory uploads regularly fail with no notice, and no way to tell what was added without doing a manual compare of before and after and trying again with the additional items.

por Sarah em 30/04/2018

Hi Michael,

I am truly sorry about your experience and I have shared your feedback with our sales management team, as well as the customer service team.

I am confident that once we get we get a bit more info from you, we will be able to come to a resolution in terms of API and reporting. Our customer service team will be happy to follow up on any outstanding issues you have.

Regards,
Sarah, Customer Advocacy Manager at Revel

Skeptical at first...

Avaliado em 06/03/2017
Christian B.
President/CEO
Varejistas, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: After months of wrangling with the decision of which system to invest in I cautiously went forward with Revel. 2 terminal system only so if it didn't work out the damages would be minimal. I learned the hard way jumping in with two feet real quick with Clover. (Different business than the one I bought Revel for. The CC processor is really to blame for saying that Clover is a good system for full service restaurants and I'm to blame for not verifying.) That was a disaster. Paying monthly for a pile of stuff I never went live with. Back to Revel. So many negative reviews made me really worried but after so much research, a: it seemed like it was very robust, more than any other cloud based system, something that would be difficult to quickly outgrow, b: relatively cheap entry cost, albeit the most expensive ongoing costs (more on that later), and c: every system turns out to have overwhelming negative reviews by my count.
After reading all the reviews 2 things stuck out to me. One, I was real concerned about the support teams. It was such a common theme amongst so many review sites. Two, I sensed a bit of naivete on many of the negative reviews. After reading between the lines I figured this was a very complex system and one would have to put forth a lot of effort to get it set up and working well for your business. It does not plug and play. It could be but you would be barely scratching the surface of what it is capable of. The lack of support made it seem like someone with little experience with computers and or POS systems should stay far away. We have been live for over a month and I felt compelled to get on here and tell about my experience. Completely exceeded my expectations. To be clear, it has been a challenge getting it all where it is now. We went live 16 days after it arrived in the mail. That's not enough time. My own fault for dragging my feet. Give yourself 30 days. That would be a nice luxury. Plan on adapting it to your business. This system is designed for such a broad spectrum of businesses so don't expect it to be perfect just for you. That will take time. We have so much more tweaking and customizing ahead. Recipe builds, ingredient unit and cost data etc. You will only get out what you put in. The support that comes with the system combined with the fact that you get lifetime updates as the system is improved and having features added makes the monthly cost worth it to me. Thanks to an agent of NY for giving me all the information I needed without any of the typical sales pressures. I will be adding the self serve kiosk sometime this month. Can't wait to bring that exciting feature to our customers.

Vantagens: Basic programming is relatively easy, uploading large amounts of items via excel spreadsheet was great. The support has been awesome! We have made a few mistakes on our end and they have gotten us back on track, plus quickly been able to guide us through some more complex feature programming. No issues have gone unresolved and none have gone into the 2nd day. No issues have been in any way critical or serious either.

Desvantagens: Even though our system is 100% hardwired it still requires an access point that is wireless. I don't like the potential issues with wireless. A few days ago one of the terminals was having a spotty connection issue.

Just what I needed (and didn't even know that I needed!)

Avaliado em 07/10/2016
Chip A.
Owner/Chef
Restaurantes, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: We have now been live with our new Revel POS for a week. Naturally, there were a few issues during the switch over, but most of those were a) problems with my setup and b) easily corrected with help from the on-boarding team, tech support folks and very comprehensive online documentation. As of this writing, I believe we are finally “there.” I am really liking Revel’s product. To be honest, I had no idea how much I was missing out on these past 4 years. I had just assumed that a mature and viable POS product did not exist in the iPad/Cloud arena. I assumed, incorrectly it would seem, that to get such a product I would have to one day shell out thousands or tens of thouands of dollars for one of the “big guys” with expensive hardware. I’m glad to have been proven incorrect in that assumption. In my mind, one of the absolute best features of Revel is that it is so highly configurable. I have been able to create a POS that meets my business needs as well as the needs of my employees and guests. So far I have not had to “settle” for a configuration that works for “most” people. Instead I have found that I can tell Revel how I want it to work for me and it just works that way. I've never understood why most cloud-based POS companies think that they know more about running our businesses than those of us who are in the trenches. I have been delighted to realize that Revel is willing to put in the effort to create a POS that works they way we work. There is no one-size-fits-all, especially in restaurants. Revel's designers and engineers seem to understand that fact. Little things like the following mean the world to me: 1) I can specify negative modifiers — ones that deduct from the price. Now my guests can truly have it their way and only pay for what they want. While I've always run my cafe that way, only Revel has allowed me to do that without a lot of unnecessary steps.
2) I can set up default modifiers, and more importantly when a guest doesn’t want that default it is easy to specify at the POS and it is obvious for the kitchen.
3) The flexibility of defining “one size fits all” modifier groups, and tailoring those to the needs of each product that uses them, has made my life so much easier. The modifier features are amazing, and I've just begun to scratch the surface of what is available.
4) And don’t even get me started on recipes. How I ever lived without those in my POS is a mystery. I guess I lived without them because I never knew I needed them!
In the past two days, my employees and I have been able to identify menu items whose gross margins are dragging us down. Since all of our products come with so many options, this has always been a hard, time-consuming thing to do, involving lots of spreadsheets and number crunching. Now that I have nearly all of my recipes defined, I’m able to run one Product Mix report whenever I want and identify problems before they become catastrophes. That alone makes the “extra” expense of the monthly Revel hosting fee worth it. Even in a small shop, such as mine, inventory control is a nightmare. It has become very obvious to me that after a month or two this task will get much easier. Once I have finished tweaking my product and recipe definitions, I’m looking forward to “knowing” my inventory status with just the touch of a button. I know it won’t be completely accurate — no theoretical inventory system can possibly account for human error. But, I already can tell that it will be much more accurate than I’ve ever had before, and it will be more accurate without the drudgery of weekly physical inventories. I would be remiss if I did not give a shout-out to your on-boarding and tech support people. They all proved to be very helpful, and very willing to let me go at my pace in this process. I am a tech geek from the days of Univac and IBM mainframes, punch cards and programming languages that are long dead and buried. Though I am now a chef I have never lost my love of all things tech. It was a pleasure to work with people who let me control the process as I was learning Revel. Their on-boarding team is willing to do as much, or as little, as their new clients need to get them up and running quickly. If I had to sum up my early experiences with Revel and the switch over, that sentence would be ---- I now feel like I am more in control of my business, that I understand my business better. As we enter our fifth year, a year that looks to be like it will be on schedule to be our first true profit year, that is huge. I'm looking forward to learning how Revel can help make that first profit year even more profitable. Sure, there is always room for improvement. Revel, like most mPOS companies, needs to get their integrated EMV/contactless functionality up and running, not just for one or two payment processing companies, but for all of them. Having said that, I realize how expensive and how difficult that task is. But, if they get it done quickly and correctly, they will be a hard company to beat. A few other reviewers mentioned one suggestion I will echo -- be prepared to spend some time learning what you have with Revel, and what it can do for you. Myself, I spent hours looking at every setting, reading the help bubbles for every setting, and making notes about what I did and did not want to implement. I asked a lot of questions. I watched a lot of videos. When I wasn't sure, I created tests, ran them and looked at the results. Most importantly, I spent two days keying the same orders into both my current POS and Revel, looking for discrepancies and errors in my setup. Sure, that all took a lot of time. But taking a lot of time up front means spending less time fighting fires after going live. What I'm trying to say is don't think you are going to get your hardware and go live in a week. I budgeted a month for training, setup and troubleshooting before I ever thought about going live. I think a month is the MINIMUM time needed in order to do it right, and I have set up a lot of POS systems in my career. Remember -- as restaurants, our POS is the hub of our data and data analysis. We wouldn't short-change our recipe development, or training our cooks and other staff. To succeed, we need great data that tells us everything we need to know about our business. Revel can be that vital hub, but only if we take the necessary time and effort in the beginning. And, with that, I'll step down from my soapbox.

Vantagens: Flexibility -- ability to configure to work the way MY BUSINESS works
Customer support and training

Desvantagens: Needs to get their integrated EMV/contactless payment integration up and running. Currently that only works for one or two payment processors.

por Sarah em 25/10/2016

Hello Chip,

Thank you so much for your detailed input. There's so much useful advice here! We agree that with a robust platform it definitely takes some time to customize, but once you do, you will reap the benefits of having intelligence about your business easily available. We hope to continue to continue to provide stellar service so that you can run your profitable cafe. Your shout-outs to Support and Onboarding will be passed on! Thank you so much for your support and belief in our product and what we are working so hard to accomplish.

Cheers and thank you again.
-Sarah, Community Manager, Revel Systems

Revel POS--a powerful tool for hospitality and retail

Avaliado em 16/06/2016
Phil K.
FACILITIES MANAGER
Hotelaria, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Revel Systems POS is a very powerful tool that is well-supported, constantly undergoing updates and improvements (and that our salesman and installer have been very easy to work with!) I have generally found tech support to be responsive and they have usually always helped me resolve any issues.

Vantagens: The retail, restaurant and quick service platforms that we use in our establishments are designed with those unique industries in mind, and the system is powerful enough to handle close to 10K inventory items in retail; dozens of employees in retail and restaurant establishments; and even a quick service environment where hard-wired Internet service is not feasible. We have had a great experience with our salesman, installer and tech support throughout our relationship with Revel.

Desvantagens: The off-the-shelf Revel POS system is not a custom system made to a customer's exact specifications, although Revel does offer that service for additional cost. Customers should know what their needs are before implementing the system. The system is based on a columnar, spreadsheet, model, and for many installations that may result in the user interface having several layers of menu screens that need to be negotiated in order to retrieve a menu item. The system is pretty flexible, however, and offers the means to work with a huge number of inventory items in a wide variety of platforms (hospitality, retail, mobile.)

Not for the technology newbie....

Avaliado em 14/04/2017
Lisa W.
Co-Founder/Owner
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: The only reporting feature I would love to see is comparative reports so I don't have to piece them together. I want to know things like "sales last March versus sales this March", and "labor last month versus this month". That's how we track trends and right now we have to export as excel and wrote our own formulas to analyze this data. Overall, a good system for our small business.

Vantagens: Great reporting on the back end. Responsive to feedback. Constantly evolving and listening to customers. VERY customizable. The systems are reliable (as long as your network is reliable) and I haven't had any Revel related downtime. We are a 7 day a week operation with two locations and the only problems we have had have been related to our own network reliability and one faulty iPad. Once we upgraded those, we were fine.

Desvantagens: SUPER labor intensive to set up yourself. If you are at all uncomfortable with technology and terminology, hire someone to do this for you. If you are comfortable plucking around in setting up the backend yourself, go for it. I had TERRIBLE frustrations with the support team at launch. It was clearly an overseas call center and there was a language barrier where the agents were likely trained to simply read back scripted responses and not really think critically through my issues. I feel like maybe they added some US based support because sometimes when I call now, language and understanding is not an issue and I can get things solved quickly. It can sometimes feel like this system is trying to be all things to all people, which can be both admirable and frustrating at the same time. There are SO many set up choices I don't need that I feel like a consultative sales approach (and more personal support at set up) would be more helpful but that would definitely cause costs to rise. It's a conundrum. So just know that you'll save money if you feel confident setting this up yourself. If you aren't comfortable wit technology, be ready to spend a little on hiring a person to set you up.

We use Revel for our restaurant for the last 2 years and it's challenging

Avaliado em 14/06/2018
Maria N.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: It's easy to use, at least the front part and it's popular among employees a lot of locations used Revel and when we have new employee it's not rock in science to learn it, that if he/she doesn't' already knows it from a previous job.

Vantagens: It's pretty easy to use at lease the front end, the back end can be more user friendly, I'm able to update things really fast (menu items) even on our website menu, once I do it in Revel. It's running smoothly, never had a hardware problem with it and the communication between back end and from end is just a click away.

Desvantagens: It's pretty expensive, comparing with other softwares, customers service support is not that fast or knowledgeable (at least with the things I needed), for example I've called customers support 5 days ago, then I've submitted an email on the 8th and today is 14th and I haven't hear from you guys.
The Inventory and Recipe books were so hard to use and really time consuming (example: if I buy one item in Grams and I want to put it in the recipe in once I have to make the transformation). The price of the items is not updating according to the last purchasing price (if you're entering Invoices in Revel) also it's not giving me the option to run a report and see the price fluctuation for one Purchased Item, or by Invoices by Items or orders by categories (is not helping me at all regarding the information I need for Inventory).
In order to integrate with some systems I had to pay and don't think that's normal.

Amazing features and functionality for accurate business analysis

Avaliado em 24/07/2018
Kiera H.
Managing Partner
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Give your customer service agents at your call centers raises! I have spent dozens of hours on the phone and talked to numerous people from all over and every single one of them has surpassed all expectations of product knowledge and customer service! That makes a world of difference!

Vantagens: The features from a business owner's perspective are unparalleled. Everything is totally customizable tofu the specific and unique needs of individual businesses. The customer service alone makes this worth the money. I have never looked forward to calling customer service before, but the training of the employees of not just product knowledge, but also customer service is absolutely unmatched.

Desvantagens: I have three specific areas of opportunity for Revel.
1) Taking payments of split checks (especially when one guest leaves earlier than others) is the worst system of any modern systems I have ever worked with. After splitting the checks, it is impossible to change the way you split the items if one guest has already paid and left. This really needs to be addressed if the product is going to be marketed to full service restaurants that have to deal with split payments on almost every party of 3 or more.
2) While I appreciate its modern focus, it is not easy to work with if a restaurant still uses paper gift certificates.
3) We were a "Guinea Pig" test restaurant for a salesman that had never worked with Revel before. He provided absolutely no help at all in setting up the system as he didn't know much about it himself. Even after he got back from training, he had to call customer service to answer simple questions I had. For such a complex and intricate system, there should be protocols in place for better training of the people selling it to be able to set it up for the customers.

Good but troublesome

Avaliado em 03/01/2018
Chris U.
owner/operator
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Very mobile, orders can be sent in immediately. Very easy to use as far and table waitstaff. Over abundance of information once it is set up and functioning its great.

Desvantagens: There is too much needless information on the back end. its very overwhelming because you have to sift through it every time you use it. There should be custom saves for only the information you use in the reports/options. Its retail and other business type options need to be addressed. This is the main reason i would not suggest using it. The constant updates can be useful but buggy as well. For example a split ticket transaction will literally crash the program (this is as of 1/2/2018). A undressed issue for a month now. Its more like a application a engineer designed rather than one that the end user would find useful. I have use Revel POS for years and still do but am now looking for a replacement.

por Sarah em 10/01/2018

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the feedback and we are glad to hear that you like Revel overall. I have asked our Client Relations team to get in touch with you to resolve your issue with the split checks. Our product developers are always looking for input on design. I will reach out to you directly to set up a time to collect your suggestions.

Best Regards,
Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Revel

An expensive

Avaliado em 10/05/2017
Josh J.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: The Revel system is not for all businesses. The sales reps will tell you that the Revel system is capable of everything that all other POS systems will do. However to accomplish the same functions as others it is not as easy as they make it seem. We have considered switching to an alternate POS system because the complicated structure of the Revel system takes quite a bit of work to manage.

Vantagens: The employee management features are good. It easy to create employee schedules and track employee profits and sales.

Desvantagens: We switched to Revel from QuickBooks POS because we wanted to move to a cloud based POS. Our goal was to be able to manage our retail store and build an e-commerce business. We were told that the Revel system was capable of everything that QuickBooks POS did and much more. However, once we began building it out we quickly realized it was not capable of doing what the sales rep told us it would nor did it have many of the features we used in QB. It took us nearly six months to completely rebuild our entire inventory system, because Revel did not support selling a single product by multiple units of measure (ex. soda by the can, case or 6 pack). Now that we finally have the system in place we've had problems with the inventory management system giving us false quantities resulting in over purchasing and/or running out of key products. They also release new system updates and products every couple of months, however the new releases often have problems and many of the tech support personnel have no idea how to fix problems.

Using Revel to manage all of my point of sale needs and back office systems

Avaliado em 05/07/2016
Daniel D.
Owner/Partner
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Revel has been the second POS system I have implemented in my business and it will be the last one for various benefits it has given me compared to previous systems. It is reliable! If there are internet connection problems for either transactions or merchant card processing,

Vantagens: Cloud based, so I can access settings and live information from anywhere. Various modifiable functionalities. Back end reporting is extensive with multiple breakdowns of information available which helps me analyze my business' performance. Tech support are determined to help solve every call. They follow up to ensure things are running well. Very happy with the tech support for any small or large issue.

Desvantagens: It takes a little while to learn how to get around the back office management platform and to be able to fine tune all the settings for your particular business processes. Tech support are always happy to help me find what I need and/or help fix whatever settings might be in question.

Excellent System that Works Great

Avaliado em 30/10/2017
Jim L.
VP of Operations
Roupa e moda, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: We have had others system and this just works great for us. It has a pretty good inventory system and a host of reports. The key is its makes the sales process easy. I have no problem giving Revel a strong recommendation.

Vantagens: Our company is the merchandise concessionaire for Athletic Events at Army West Point and we are big fans of the Revel System. At our latest game, we had 11 stands and were able to push through almost 2000 transactions in a little over four hours. The system has worked flawless for us and our gross sales is up over 20% this season because of the ease of sales. We added a scanner and the fans love it. Combined with a strong credit card provider we have our sales available for us usually in 48 hours. The system works for us in many locations on batteries and its Verizon wi-fi is very good. If we have wi-fi trouble on site with a large crowd...it holds transaction and puts it through when the wi-fi is up. Our staff...not big techies...has had NO problems after expressing a feeling that the system would make it hard for customers to be serviced. We are big fans because it is helping our business. We now do almost four to one credit cards over cash purchases.

Desvantagens: You will find Revel is a little more expensive than other systems. They also make a decent profit on the hardware. But it is clearly you get what you pay for....when you have great service and a strong working system....you have to pay. This is a professional system.

Works Well for our Small Business

Avaliado em 02/08/2018
Leah D.
General Manager
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, Revel is a good company. We are a small convenience store at a marina and campground and they are working well for us. One of the reasons we went with Revel is because they have teamed up with Shell Corp. to create an integration for fuel pumps and the Revel point of sales. Revel is the cheapest option on the market, that I was able to find, to be able to offer my customers pay at the pump options. This is still in the works, but they are making steady progress and I am excited for when we can try it out.

Vantagens: Revel is easy for employees to learn (even the non-tech employees) and to use. They have good updates; they listen to their customers about what is needed and then try to implement it. Our store is an hour away from the main office, and we are able to see the inventory from the office to place orders for the store! The reports are useful, varied and well laid out for ease of reading.

Desvantagens: The integration between QuickBooks Desktop and Revel has been a bit tricky. I wish their support team was a bit better at understanding how the two programs talk to each other. I have found that I need to have the Revel Support team tell me how Revel is supposed to talk to QuickBooks and then I'll have to go to the QuickBooks support or forum to figure out how to set up QuickBooks so that it does what Revel intended.

A Nightmare...probably a good product but will take you almost a year to learn it.

Avaliado em 09/11/2017
Clarice C.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Once we were able to talk to tier two people, things improved.

Vantagens: Lots of good reports ... if you finally figure out how to get to them.
Till is good. Lots of info in "University" must read it two or three times before it makes sense.

Desvantagens: Labor intensive, requires many many steps to accomplish one thing. Has left our accounting in shambles
Unforgivable i.e If you make a mistake in entering purchase order, you can't fix it . It just stays there forever
"Integrate with QB' ... does not fully integrate...i.e does not integrate line for line
First Tier support only repeats what you tell them is the problem, no fixes
Took two weeks to get the wiring set up right d/t false directions from support
Has "Chat" but nobody chats... just refers you to something else

por Sarah em 15/11/2017

Hi Clarice,

I am sorry to hear that you have had some trouble learning Revel. Our platform is pretty robust and can definitely take some time to learn since there are over 500 settings to allow you to customize your point of sale. We highly recommend working with an account manager to optimize your setup and to help you achieve your overall business goals. That said, your feedback is being heard and appreciated.

In terms of editing Purchase Orders in Revel, POs are editable until they are Saved and Finalized - once you Finalize a PO, you cannot go back in and edit that PO, which is why the system asks you if you are sure you would like to Finalize. We do this, to provide peace of mind and safeguard you against behavior that could be flagged in an audit or employee theft.

There are definitely some language differences between QuickBooks Desktop/POS and Revel's integration. There are many unique properties in both platforms which can take some time to fully design, develop, test, and, then, implement. We are always open to feedback about specific features that are needed or functionality that could be improved! Please feel free to email your suggestions to me at [email protected] Happy to set up some time to chat.

Best Regards,

Tons of customizations!

Avaliado em 18/09/2017
Chris F.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: No other system had the flexibility to provide what we needed. Customization took months to get sorted out (and I am a network engineer during the day). Despite all the hard ships I couldn't imagine switching again. I still experiment with competitors that have lower fees, however can't match half the features and flexibility I get with Revel.

Vantagens: The ability to customize the POS
Online ordering built in at decent rate (may be more expensive now)
IPad based (flexibility)
Integrates with many payment processors (heads up on gateway fees)

Desvantagens: Expensive
Seems like they are moving to a la carte pricing structure (more expensive)
Customer Support is based in Philippines, while sometimes good they don't really understand sometimes

por Revel Systems em 19/09/2017

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the review! We appreciate your input and it's great to hear you like the flexibility you get with Revel.

Our Support team, however, is no longer based in the Philippines, as of about a year and a half ago. We have U.S. and Lithuanian-based Support now and we have gotten great feedback.

Hope your experiences of late have been great ones.

Great

Avaliado em 19/08/2018
Bailey R.
Heritage Interpreter
Museus e instituições, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: It's easy to learn and accessible. Having it on an Ipad means that it's large enough to know what button is being pressed, and to move things around if need be. Having categories set up is great so we can keep track of how much change we need or how many people came in to visit the museum, that day.

Desvantagens: It can get a little complicated especially with adding discounts to certain purchases which can be difficult for our older volunteers to get a hold of. But is really it, on the basic side of things, it works well and does the job efficiently.

por Revel Systems em 28/08/2018

Bailey,

Thanks so much for the feedback. We're delighted that Barker Mansion is making good use of its Revel POS!

If some of your volunteers are having a hard time adding discounts, you can have them visit the below Revel University page for video guides detailing how to complete a variety of discount-related actions within your Revel POS:

I hope this helps! Please reach out to us if you have any questions.

- Holden at Revel

Extensive functionality

Avaliado em 13/09/2019
Avaliador Verificado
Museus e instituições, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Despite the technical issues, our experience with Revel has been great due to its user-friendliness and extensive functionality.

Vantagens: Revel has a lot of features that allow us to easily keep track of our visitor numbers and inventory. The system is very easy for our staff to use and it requires very little training.

Desvantagens: We have run into numerous technical issues with Revel and their customer service has not been very helpful when resolving some issues.

Best and more robust system in the market

Avaliado em 24/02/2018
Santiago E.
Administrator
Relação qualidade/preço

Vantagens: The best thing about this System is the easy and intuitive interface. It greatly facilitates the operations of the day and allows us to always work in a better way. It has, also, a number of options and improvements that allow me to adapt to my needs, especially the part of the discounts. They are the best!

Desvantagens: The bad thing is the implementation, being such a complete software it takes a long time to configure all the functions to your liking to work in a better way. However, with practice and patience, it is possible to get ahead.

por Revel Systems em 26/02/2018

Hi Santiago,

Thank you so much for the 5-stars! So glad to hear that Revel is working well for your business. Our product team has worked hard to make improvements to the Discount functionality so it's great to hear that you are a fan!

Revel is definitely robust and can take a bit of extra time to configure, but, we agree, that once you get it set up for your business, you will be happy about your decision.

Thank you again!

Dissapointing product and support

Avaliado em 18/02/2019
Kerry H.
2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I stuck with Revel for the first two years of my business because of the desktop QuickBooks integration, which made things easier on my accountant and myself for bookkeeping. Now that they no longer host a Sync app, they are trying to force everyone onto QB online. The support agent I spoke to claimed that there was no way to export the data manually to desktop. The system was clearly designed for restaurants and mangled into a retail space. There are all kinds of restaurant related options that are unrelated to a retail boutique, but have to be navigated around. Many issues with dashboard navigation, ability to adjust errors without complicating inventory accounting, etc. I've tried to call during peak business times to solve customer issues and been kept on hold for literally hours. When I tried to reach out to the sales person who sold me the system, all emails and calls went unreturned. After 2 years of fighting with this system to make it work in my space, with terrible support and a high suprise costs, I'm giving up. The last reason I held out was the ease of passing through to my accountant. Now that that has been made even more difficult, I will be switching to another system this summer.

Vantagens: Formerly integrated with QuickBooks desktop
Offline sales if internet goes down
Somewhat intuitive POS station (still some issues)

Desvantagens: Eliminated Desktop integration on short notice
Back end dashboard is difficult to navigate
Customer service can have EXTEMELY long wait times
Sales team is unreachable after you start paying

por Holden em 21/02/2019

Thank you for your feedback, Kerry. We apologize for the frustrating and disappointing experience you've had; someone from Revel will be reaching out soon to see what can be done to make things right.

Shopped around and finally found the best

Avaliado em 13/07/2016
Charley K.
Franchise Operations Manager
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: As a franchise operation with 16 locations that have run 3 previous point-of-sale systems, I can confidently say Revel is the best. It isn't simply that their system is easy to learn, or that they have almost every capability that you can think of, but it's the fact that they keep making it better. Their software continues to change and evolve to fit my stores' needs. I've submitted several feature requests that have already been released in updates. When a franchisee has an issue, I can get a knowledgeable tech support agent on the line in minutes that can help resolve it quickly. We looked high and low for an enterprise solution that fit our model and I'm positive we made the right choice with Revel.

Vantagens: Easy to use front end with a robust, feature-packed browser-based back end that makes multi-unit support effortless.

Desvantagens: It is a bit pricey compared to some other systems, but the quality and support you get is worth it in every way.

por Revel Systems em 18/07/2016

Hello Charley,

Wow, thank you for the positive words! We're so glad that you are pleased with our product. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Sarah M., Community Manager at Revel Systems

confusing at first. much better now.

Avaliado em 21/10/2015
Ben J.
Restaurantes
3.5 / 5
2.5 / 5
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: The analytics. Its great being able to look over past orders and watch trends

Desvantagens: Tech support. The first year or so I spent a lot of time on the phone with tech support. Some of the problem was me just not understanding the system. Although a few of the problems were something I could not have known about. Tier 1 tech support was not helpful after a certain point. But it felt very difficult to get my problems looked at by someone with more knowledge. i was often told I would get a phone call back but never received a call. More often than not, I would get an email with a vaguely worded fix. After a year or so i would spend hours fixing a problem myself because this ended up being faster than calling tech support and waiting for an answer.
The lack of speaking to someone who can help fix the problem was very frustrating. Not to say tier one tech support was bad. they we're as helpful as they could be. But some of the problems we had needed someone with more knowledge. And the lack of speaking to that person was disappointing.

por Liza em 06/11/2015

Ben, thanks a lot for your review! We are working hard to expand our technical support team at the moment to deliver the best experience to our customers when they need help

Good - but has great mobile app partner in PepperHQ

Avaliado em 25/11/2016
Emma T.
Restaurantes
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Revel itself is a solid system, but it was not until we integrated it with a mobile app platform (one of their partners, who seem to only work with Revel) that we really started to get a return on investment from the Revel system. The two systems work brilliantly together and have transformed not only the customer experience, but also our operational efficiency. Revel itself is only part of the solution, Pepper HQ - check them out at http://pepperhq.com - is the key to unlocking the value and extending the features within Revel and I think Revel have been very clever getting these guys to partner with them - massive advantage over any other EPOS provider.

Vantagens: as I said the best thing out the solution is that it integrates so well with our mobile app from Pepper http://pepperhq.com

Desvantagens: not the greatest support; people seem to leave the company all the time...

Great program!

Avaliado em 31/12/2016
Claire Y.
Lead Server
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: We use Revel as our point of sales system at the restaurant I work in. After switching to revel from a previous program, I was immediately pleased with how easy and intuitive the program is. Splitting checks is extremely easy to do, no matter how many you have to split it into. This was not the case with our old program. It allows the ability to color code categories and even put an image on a button. Another excellent feature is that servers cannot swipe a card or cash out a bill that is not under their name. This eliminates report mix-ups and the hassle of having to calculate how much of another server's tips you ended up with and owe back to them because it can't happen. Overall, Revel was an excellent upgrade and continues to be an excellent program.

Vantagens: How intuitive and easy to use it is

Desvantagens: Doesn't calculate tip percentages

por Revel Systems em 12/01/2017

Hello Claire,

What awesome feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience!

I will contact you directly to learn more about your suggestions for how we can better handle tip percentages.

Again, much appreciated.
Sarah, Community Manager at Revel Systems

de la mer experience with Revel

Avaliado em 24/11/2017
David I.
Varejistas, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: - Only iPad POS system on the market (as far as I know) that can deal with items priced by weight.
- constant improvements on software being done (both UI and management consol)
- enterprise management system that allows the management of multiple business units.
- excellent 24hr/day technical support
- a lot of flexibility in the system

Desvantagens: - lack of stability with Moneris pin pad integration, ongoing issue of POS and pin pad not communicating at random.
- difficult to find how to do certain functions in the management consol (not intuitive - for example searching for a subject through what seems like appropriate keys words will not allows bring up the items)
- product costs not linked to inventory costs

Pretty, but Problematic

Avaliado em 15/05/2019
Avaliador Verificado
Freelance Writer
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Lots of restaurants and retail stores I frequent use Revel. I would try Revel again if given the choice, but I would make sure to get my employees trained in troubleshooting themselves to avoid the potential of a customer service snafu.

Vantagens: I work for a small college bookstore that recently transitioned from an ancient, outdated POS system. We were all so excited about Revel. It's sleek, easy to use, and much simpler than many of its predecessors.

Desvantagens: The biggest trouble we ran into is that Revel is hopelessly buggy, and I would sometimes be on the phone with customer service for an hour before getting my problem resolved. For a small business with only one cash register, this was often a nightmare.

por Revel Systems em 23/05/2019

Thanks very much for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that our system fell short of your expectations, but hope you give us another chance in the future. We're constantly working to improve the quality of our products and services.

Essential Foods Review of Revel

Avaliado em 11/10/2016
Jeremiah B.
General Manager
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Many things need impprovment but overall a good system. Things to improve on... Inventory, Need a sperate app on Ipad to help take Phisicall inventory. Back side functuanilty needs improvement, too many steps to add products make availble that when you add a product you can do everyting in one step instead of saving and ving to next step and again and again! more tutorials on bulding recipies and buding inventory on restaurant side. Scheduling, Being able to have set shift blocks would help in the scheduling. Better personalized service. our local installer who is supposed to be our problem solver (David Bovenkamp) is not at all helpfull and very hard to get in touch with. Need support that is easily reached and can trouble shoot us quickly. MORE TRANING ON INSTALL!!!!! we have struggled learning ourselves how to build products and menus.! If all functuallity worked smoothly It would be completly worth the value. as of right now the smothness of everything makes it not worth the value

Vantagens: Front End very user firendly

Desvantagens: Backend lacking and functunallity needs imporvment

por Revel Systems em 11/10/2016

Hello Jeremiah,

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions around inventory. To clarify, your "local installer" is just that - they install your system and get your business up and running. Our Support is available to you 24/7 and they are happy to walk you through building products and menus -- of course it's important to set aside time for that call. With any new system, it's important to give yourself time to discover how to get the most out of the platform.
Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us.
Regards,