Great for Higher Education

Avaliado em 12/04/2019
Educação superior, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: At the beginning of the year, my school required us to buy this software in order for us to take our exams. I was not happy about spending 40 dollars for exam software, but I have gotten my moneys worth. I have exams 2-6 times a week and with over 150 students in my class, no one has that kind of time to grade paper tests. Before using examsoft, I had always went to schools that used paper tests, but I am thankful for the quick grading that examsoft provides; I no longer have to wait 2 weeks for my professors to grade my written exams. If you have the review password, you can also review your exams afterwards to see exactly what you missed. This is helpful to learn from your mistakes.

Vantagens: As a medical student, I feel like I spend more time with examsoft than I do with my friends. Thankfully, its super easy to use. I like how you can go to the website and you can download a report from the exam that shows you which question numbers that you missed. I like how you don't have to have internet during the exam; for example, one morning, internet was down at the school, so we we all downloaded the exam before we came to school and as long as the exam is downloaded, you can take it without internet. The downloading and uploading the exam are the only parts that require internet. Exams can either be timed or untimed and people who receive academic accommodations can also receive time and a half if the administrator sets that person's exam to 150%.

Desvantagens: I don't think that ExamSoft "likes" Macs. I have a Mac computer and the majority of the time that I use Examsoft, it logs me out of the internet. It also sometimes messes with my apps on my computer, like word and powerpoint, and I have to end up pressing "force quit" on them before I can reopen them after using examsoft.

Decent classroom exam software

Avaliado em 30/08/2019
Ethan G.
Pharmacist
Hospitais e Saúde, 10.001+ funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, the software has always performed well with little to no issues with exam access or upload. During my classroom experience, no one was able to hack the software and access a test ahead of the designated testing window. Users attempting to take tests off campus were easily identified using ExamSoft.

Vantagens: ExamSoft is a fairly intuitive product that can be used on multiple operating systems for secure testing. A benefit of the ExamSoft setup is the ability to download the test ahead of time and complete the test offline with internet access only needed for test download and submission. This is beneficial for large classroom testing environments as the internet infrastructure is not overwhelmed by large user traffic but only when users submit results. Test security is controlled by time frames and a release password for access to the test. The program can also detect IP addresses and can determine if a user is utilizing a locations internet or not (useful in classroom environments for test takers trying to take tests remotely).

Desvantagens: ExamSoft does require preparation by the user prior to use by downloading exams ahead of testing rather than a question by question internet-based setup. This requires more coordination prior to test time so that users are prepared when the exam time starts. While accessing testing materials ahead of testing time would require hacking the test file, some users are disconcerted by test takers downloading the test ahead of time rather than at the time of testing.

Outstanding

Avaliado em 14/09/2018
Sarah M.
Director of Assessment
Educação superior, 5.001-10.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: ExamSoft listens to their clients. They often have to juggle different needs for different educational settings, and that can be a challenge; but they acknowledge the areas where they need to grow and continually work to improve the experience.

Vantagens: The options available for institutions who need to deliver exams/quizzes in a variety of settings are outstanding. Security is a huge concern in higher education, and ExamSoft's platform rises to the occasion. Customer support is typically top notch! Some wait times exist, but students and administrators usually find the support line extremely helpful. The opportunities for institutions to use the reporting features for program improvement, student feedback, and curriculum design/renovation are many.

Desvantagens: Some difficulty with earlier versions of the student platform freezing during exams lingers, but I've seen vast improvements recently. The legacy administrator portal has some kinks to be worked out, and reporting by category requires some attention; but communication from the team at ExamSoft has been that these are being worked on currently.

ExamSoft in a Nursing BSN Program

Avaliado em 16/09/2018
Sherri W.
Faculty, Doctor of Nursing Practice, RN
Gestão da educação, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: A very positive experience. Implementation was easy because the product is so intuitive. They really care about the customer and constantly strive to make improvements to the product after listening to client recommendations. Their help desk staff is very resourceful and do not hesitate to escalate any issue if they are unable to resolve it.

Vantagens: We are able to mimic the NCLEX RN blueprint by tagging our questions using the Client’s Needs categories. The blueprint updates in real time as you add questions to the assessment. We have a 96% board pass rate! Item analysis is instant and provides all the statistics you need to do a quick exam review, finalize the exam, and push grades over to our learning management system. It is unreal the time we were able to get back by using this product.

Desvantagens: The formatting of the reports are not the best, but after attending an Assessment on Tour (they will come to your school!) I learned how to export the data into a more user friendly format. This is something they have addressed in the new platform! (So they listened to the complaint and made upgrades accordingly!)

Great for students

Avaliado em 01/05/2019
Gestão da educação, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, ExamSoft is a great program for administering exams to students in a controlled environment.

Vantagens: ExamSoft offers a wide variety of features that are very handy for administering exams and quizzes and viewing the results in a simple but powerful way. ExamSoft closes all programs on the students' computers and logs their keystrokes so cheating is minimized. The results for exams are given with lots of data to see which questions were poorly written and which ones were good indicators of students' understanding of the information. ExamSoft has a lot of built in features to help students while they are taking their exams. Attachments can be added to questions so students can view any necessary figures while answering questions. There is also a calculator that students can use for math. There is a highlighting tool to mark important portions of the questions and, questions can be flagged for review, and answers can be crossed off to visually narrow down the answers.

Desvantagens: I don't have any major gripes with ExamSoft, but I do have a couple of minor gripes with it. When ExamSoft opens, it closes all programs that are running on the computer. When ExamSoft closes, it doesn't open all of the programs back up. This is a minor inconvenience.

School required software

Avaliado em 17/07/2018
Piotr K.
Medical Student
Educação superior
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: It makes the process easier but comes with new a new set of problems that you have to be ready to address. The benefit is clear - it makes exams simpler, easier and quicker to administer, grade and redistribute back to the students. We are able to see a breakdown of the areas we performed well/poor in, and that in itself offers the benefit of detailed feedback.

Vantagens: This software makes administering a test a much easier process than it used to be in the past (one would hope). From a students perspective, the program had everything we needed on a basic level - from calculators, to being able to zoom in on an attached image. I also loved the fact that grading took a lot quicker, and the analysis behind the exam was more thorough which resulted in a more fair exam overall (professors would drop questions that 'performed poorly').

Desvantagens: The program is designed to be as secure as possible, due to the obvious nature of its purpose. By doing so though, it can affect the students personal computer in an unpredictable manner. My class had its fair share of bricked computers that were not that easy to recover.
The functionality of some of the features, while present, was sometimes lacking. The review process was a chore, but has improved over the 2 years I have used this product.
There was also the issue of exam uploads - sometimes the examinations would not upload properly and the exams were delayed.

ExamSoft Review

Avaliado em 16/07/2019
Whitney H.
E-Learning, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, this program allows you to set up an exam exactly as you'd like since it offers quite a few features. It is a great program that I would recommend to others.

Vantagens: This program is great for taking exams. I like that after an exam it shows your raw score and that score can be adjusted to include all questions, just multiple choice questions, or a personal selection of questions. Exams can be set to allow or inhibit backwards navigation and parameters such as calculator access can also be controlled. Attachments can be assigned to certain questions eliminating the use for paper handouts.

Desvantagens: For the most part this program always runs smoothly for me. There are times when I go to start an exam and my computer screen will freeze, however, I'm not sure if this is related to the software or my computer operating system.

Secure Exams Garunteed

Avaliado em 24/10/2018
Pharmacy Intern
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I like the dependability and easy functionality of Examsoft. I am currently using Examplify to take exams in school and when it is in use, it is guaranteed that no one will be able to cheat by accessing online materials while still having the convenience of using a digital test that can be graded immediately. I also like that if the instructor is okay with us using notes that we have on our computer, it can be set so that we can access anything we have available on our desktop without giving us full internet access.

Desvantagens: The only complaint that I had was previously everytime I went to take an exam, it froze as I was logging into it and I had to restart my computer. However, this problem seemed to go away when I updated by OS.

ExamSoft is the WORST Exam Software on the market.

Avaliado em 30/03/2019
Brittany S.
TA
Gestão da educação, 501-1.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: My experience with ExamSoft has been terrible. I do not recommend this program.

Vantagens: Honestly, there isn't really anything good to say about this software other than exam conditions are well controlled.

Desvantagens: I have a lot to say about how terrible this software is.
ExamSoft is like a virus to your computer. Once you download it, it somehow has control of everything. I understand this is for exams, but why does it need access to everything when not taking an exam? It somehow controls your desktop background, internet connection, volume level and so on.
ExamSoft frequently crashes mid exam.
It frequently turns your computer into a black screen while uploading an exam, which ends up wasting time and requiring support to get the computer back on for you by manually entering a special administrator mode.
Photos/charts/diagrams put in the exam are too small to be seen. When enlarged, they end up becoming too blurry to read.
Frequently receive notifications to update. At least 3-4 times this has happened, ExamSoft then reverts back to an older version due to errors with the update, which requires you to completely uninstall ExamSoft and reinstall it.
Entering your account information and logging in is notorious for giving an error message until you contact support.
Very poor functionality on MAC computers. Frequently crashes, updates not compatible.

Best exam system out there.

Avaliado em 30/07/2019
Justin G.
Instructional Technology Specialist
E-Learning, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Students are able to take secured exams without internet connection.
Categorizing questions to run reports.
Creating questions is easy.

Desvantagens: The interface changes a lot on a pretty regular basis.
Features that we used have been removed.

Great looking software, easy to use, great features

Avaliado em 25/03/2019
Dental Student
Educação superior, 501-1.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: My school implemented ExamSoft 3 years ago to administer all tests and exams. It blocks out any other applications on the students' laptop for a secure, cheat-proof examination. It has options to have calculators, prevent students from going back on questions, and allows students to eliminate answer choices as they go through the questions. It also allows students to mark a question in order to come back to it. Great software!

Desvantagens: It does take a long time to load on some students' computers, but for the most part, most students don't have a problem with this.

My school requires us students to use this software to take exams

Avaliado em 15/05/2018
Educação superior, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I personally found no benefits from using this software compared to a standard written exam or compared to other digital exams like at prometric.

Vantagens: We us this program on a personal Ipad. I like that I can cross out multiple choice options that I don't think are correct. The flagging option is helpful. I like that I can sort questions by unanswered or flagged.

Desvantagens: The figures or pictures provided with the question are in a separate window, so I cant view the figure/image while reading the question. The formatting is not great. For example, often one of the answer choices will not be on the screen, and if you don't realize that you need to scroll down then you will never see very important information. It can be glitchy if there are a lot of pictures or its a long test, I have classmates who have had the program crash and then needed to start over. I would prefer to take the test with pencil and paper, I am not a fan of this program or taking tests on an ipad.

ExamSoft Review

Avaliado em 12/04/2019
PA-C
Saúde, bem-estar e condicionamento físico, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I like that you are able to take tests securely, and take tests easily with this software. It is easy to navigate and install. If for some reason your computer shuts off during the test, your test is generally saved and at the same spot.

Desvantagens: I feel as though some of my classmates had issues with their computer after installing this software. This did not personally happen to me, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Sometimes there are issues uploading the tests and you have to do it manually.

Examsoft Review

Avaliado em 22/07/2019
Helen S.
student
Indústria farmacêutica, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: The exams are easy to navigate through. I like how the font of the exam could be adjusted. Also liked how the exams had attachment pop up for associated questions. All the different features and functions of the software made it easier to take exams on computers.

Desvantagens: I did not like how once the exam is downloaded, you can delete it off the list; for example, there were exams that are just test-run exams that would be on the list forever. Also the calculator in the exam is a little bit difficult to use.

Easy to use

Avaliado em 08/05/2019
Reanna F.
Pharmacy Intern
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I like the flagging option that examsoft has to allow you to flag certain questions that you'd like to go back to. This feature makes it super easy to only have to review the questions that you need to rather than scrolling through the whole test to find that one question you were struggling with.

Desvantagens: Sometimes it can take a long time for the test to load once the password has been released.

Great Testing Software

Avaliado em 15/11/2018
Coleman C.
Academic Coordinator
Educação superior, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I've been working with this program for about 5 years now and I absolutely love it.

Vantagens: I love the fact that it's easy to create exams in this program. It scores immediately after upload and the statistics and reports that you can generate are awesome. Students can get a report showing how they performed with right and wrong answers.

Desvantagens: Students sometimes have issues when a update has occurred.

Good test taking software

Avaliado em 26/06/2018
Nathan H.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Easy and versatile testing software.

Vantagens: The college I am going to runs all their exams through ExamSoft. It is straightforward and easy to use, have never had any issues with it shutting down during exams or losing data. Been using it for over three years.

Desvantagens: It is a little bit hard sometimes to go back over your answers to review them before submitting. If you flag questions you want to review it makes it much easier though.

It is a simple secure way to take an exam.

Avaliado em 16/03/2018
Daniel T.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: The simplicity cannot b beat. and the functions are great. You can administer a wide variety of testing tools. It is secure and locks down all other software on the computer for fair testing.

Desvantagens: Some bugs and crashes have happened however they are easy to fix. The use of certain security software must be disabled to properly function.

Test taking

Avaliado em 27/07/2019
Eric C.
Pharmacy Student
Indústria farmacêutica, 501-1.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Examsoft is a great way to secure the integrity of an exam. It does everything you would expect it to do and has great built in test features such as flagging, calculator, and image uploading.

Desvantagens: Examsoft should implement a way to delete old (unused) exams.

Basic test-taking software

Avaliado em 17/08/2018
Associate Attorney
Escritório de advocacia, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: ExamSoft reliably provided a secure test-taking platform for me and my classmates.

Vantagens: My favorite aspect of ExamSoft is the security it provides for test taking.

Desvantagens: The software occasionally crashes, and the interface is very basic.

Exams

Avaliado em 05/08/2019
Professional Basketball Player
Hospitais e Saúde, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I am grateful​ for this software and it being able to lock down my computer so I can take a test in a classroom instead of scheduling a time in the testing center. It beats the hassle and the anxiety of a testing center.

Desvantagens: This software is great. It does lag a bit at the beginning​ and after you finish your test.

Easy to use exam software

Avaliado em 13/02/2019
Bryce D.
student pharmacist
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I like that I can easily review my past exams online.

Desvantagens: It is difficult to view lengthy exam questions and answer them at the same time via scrolling back and forth.

Nice software, great for test taking, user friendly

Avaliado em 17/07/2019
Ashli L.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: I used this software throughout school to take exams. I really liked ExamSoft because everything was always clearly displayed and there were a lot of helpful tools during exam taking. There is an option to flag questions and a timer that gives a clear 5 minute warning before the exam is over. I would definitely recommend this software to any institution.

Desvantagens: I didn't think the built-in calculator was very user friendly. However, I think this is an issue with all online calculators.

I am a student in Pharmacy school and use this software to take tests and turn in other assignments.

Avaliado em 15/03/2018
Samuel G.
Relação qualidade/preço

Vantagens: The test taking part of the software is pretty good. Its easy to navigate and runs pretty smoothly. However, I miss the ability to navigate questions using the ctrl + >/< keys.

Desvantagens: I don't like using it to turn in documents. It's never clear if I have actually turned in anything.

good for test but not to review the test

Avaliado em 08/10/2017
Denise G.
professor
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Works fine to give a test but if you want to show the students the test in a secure environment it is sorely lacking.

Desvantagens: They have not thought through the entire educational process. You cannot let students individually look through their exam in a secure environment without printing out each student's test. This is a huge waste of time and paper (particularly since it prints only 2 questions per page). They have a review option, but you have to know all different option before you even give the exam, and can only do it once, at one time. This is very poor software planning for someone who should be all about assessments. The response from support was basically print 3000 pages of material. Arg.