Avaliações do Oracle PeopleSoft

• Geral
    3,7 /5
    3,9 /5

Sobre Oracle PeopleSoft

Sistema abrangente para gestão de ativos dispersos de TI. Integra-se a sistemas Oracle de CRM e financeiros para helpdesk de TI.

Saiba mais sobre o Oracle PeopleSoft

Exibindo 256 avaliações

Blanca R.
Especialista de RRHH
Automotivo, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 25/08/2018

"People Soft"

Comentários: My experience has been excellent with Oracle to fulfill the functions related to the tasks I perform daily, in this system I get information that my supervisor asks me, useful information to accomplish tasks assigned by other departments, income movements and expenditures among other assignments .

Vantagens: The Oracle system is an excellent tool to comply with organizational processes. It is very important to keep the organizational structure in order and to ensure that when making a movement within the structure the changes are made as accurately as possible without affecting the business in any way.

Desvantagens: I do not consider that the Oracle system has disadvantages, it is necessary to have an administrator who knows the regulations so that no changes are made without authorization. It is a system that allows you to do everything related to the entry and exit of personnel as well as all the movements of promotions and transfers.

• Avaliado em 25/08/2018
Nancy A.
Risk Management Specialist
Serviços financeiros, 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 10/02/2021

"PeopleSoft General Ledger"

Comentários: PeopleSoft is an efficient, effective general ledger tool, both for daily users and those who just need to periodically look up accounting transactions. It also offers reasonable solutions for automated internal controls over financial reporting.

Vantagens: I initially was involved in the selection and customization of the PeopleSoft General Ledge for my organization, as a member of the Finance & Accounting team. PeopleSoft offers easy to learn processes for inputting journal entries and running queries and reports. In addition, now that I've moved on to another department - risk management - I can refer to PeopleSoft to understand how various transactions related to insurance claims were accounted for. In addition, I have been pleased with the system capabilities as it relates to internal controls over financial reporting. We set up the system such that journal entries cannot be posted without secondary review and approval.

Desvantagens: PeopleSoft does require quite a bit of customization to really make it work for an individual organization. I never felt that we were able to get our custom reporting to its full potential, as we just didn't have enough time to focus on it.

• Avaliado em 10/02/2021
Jennifer P.
Administrative Assistant II
Manutenção predial, 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 08/09/2020

"Web-based programming for processing requisitions and purchase orders and HR tracking."

Comentários: My company uses this program for requesting and processing purchase orders among other things. We also use the HR features for tracking employees and classes. It's easy to use, if not totally user friendly. There are some areas that it is not completely intuitive, but otherwise it definitely gets the job done. It doesn't run a smooth as it should on some browser versions, but works well enough. The only thing I would love to see incorporated would be the option to use hot keys or even "Alt" keys.

Vantagens: This program is easy to use. There are search functions that help find what you are looking for. And there is a dashboard area that lets you know right away if there is something that needs your attention.

Desvantagens: The HR part of the software is not very user intuitive. The options to choose can get fairly confusing. The program doesn't work well with all version of my browser. I have learned to deal with the quirks the program on my browser.

• Avaliado em 08/09/2020
Jenny M.
Brand Director
Internet, 11-50 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 26/04/2018

"I used PeopleSoft for nearly 4 years at my last job at an advertising agency."

Vantagens: I like that there's such a wide breadth of what can be accomplished within PeopleSoft time sheets, expense reports, financial reports, PTO portals, opening job numbers for projects and much, much more. I like that our company used it as a main medium for so many different things. It's much easier when things are centralized in one platform. Once you know how to use PeopleSoft, it can be one of your best friends. It can be a guiding tool to help better so many departments of a company. It helped me understand the ins and outs and track financials of projects much more vividly than I'd be able to otherwise. My most productive and proactive days at my old job included getting the most out of PeopleSoft and checking in on all of my various jobs (financials, open / close statuses, new jobs, etc.).

Desvantagens: PeopleSoft is not user friendly until it's knocked into your head. I was given a manual when I started working at my old company and I had to reference this manual for literally years until it became second nature. There are too many steps and too many clicks to get to the finish line in nearly any task on PeopleSoft. And you have to know what buttons to press to yield a certain result. There are no guides to help you along the way. If you don't have a manual from someone at your job in your SPECIFIC position, you will undoubtedly be lost for a long time. The buttons to press are jibberish, honestly. Often times the buttons you need to press to get to the next page during a process of a task are just random numbers or random letters. I got so used to the program so I knew exactly what to press and when to press it but it took a very long time to get to that point. Even when I did, though, I found the program tedious and overly time consuming.

• Avaliado em 26/04/2018
Claudine T.
facilitator
Hospitais e Saúde, 5.001-10.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 09/02/2021

"Great way to keep track of Time"

Comentários: I like all the features this has available for the individual employee. I also like the ease it has with time approval and change.

Vantagens: I like that on an individual perspective that you have access to your timecard, your PTO balance, benefit info, etc. As for time approval, it is also quick and efficient.

Desvantagens: I think this is good software. I have no issues with this product or any of it's features. It's quick & easy.

• Avaliado em 09/02/2021
Elizabeth K.
Attorney
Escritório de advocacia, 201-500 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 01/12/2020

"Not very user friendly"

Comentários: Overall, it seems like a program that is necessary but not enjoyable to use.

Vantagens: I like being able to take care of HR related things remotely. And I appreciate time keeping, benefits enrollment, etc all being in the same location.

Desvantagens: It is not very user friendly - I feel like it is hard to navigate and not mobile friendly at all. I wish it was easier to use.

• Avaliado em 01/12/2020
Sabrina Y.
Department Business Administrator
Educação superior, 10.000+ funcionários
  • Avaliado em 03/12/2019

"Decent product by a leading provider"

Comentários: Overall it is a decent product, there are some inefficiencies within the program; however, I believe this could be fixed based on the buildout for the organization and what developers identify is needed.

Vantagens: One of the main features I love about this product is the development of reports and queries. It also allows reports to be exported into various formats as well.

Desvantagens: Some of the processes within the program are redundant. Requesting information can be a bit inefficient because the program requests various steps to produce one report or functionality within the system.

• Avaliado em 03/12/2019
Former Fiscal Manager
Hospitais e Saúde, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 27/07/2020

"Poorly designed"

Vantagens: Not much. The financial portion was pretty limited but it made it sort of easy to understand without too much training.

Desvantagens: The HR product was godawful. Payroll Expense Transfers would take hours to complete bc costs would go to 2 decimals but percentages to 3, and the system would automatically round up to costs that actually weren’t there if the two were at odds. Sometimes this would happen I should say, and it wasn’t consistent. Total waste of time for something that shouldn’t happen.

• Avaliado em 27/07/2020
Henry B.
Digital Media Specialist
Educação superior, 5.001-10.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 27/10/2020

"Not a Fan"

Comentários: It's the best option out there for what it does - especially in higher education - but still needs improvement.

Vantagens: Running queries and going through the motions are fairly useful. It has many features and can do many things.

Desvantagens: Not incredibly user-friendly. Takes a lot of time to learn and customer service, if reachable, are not very helpful.

• Avaliado em 27/10/2020
Iesha H.
Customer service
Bancos, 501-1.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 19/11/2020

"Great"

Comentários: It’s easy to use and extremely beneficial for the job.

Vantagens: Oracle peoplesoft is so easy to use and extremely helpful. We use it on a daily basis at work. So it helps us a lot.

Desvantagens: I honestly do not have anything bad to say about the software. It’s good to me so that’s all that matters.

• Avaliado em 19/11/2020
Paul G.
ISC
Serviços financeiros, 10.000+ funcionários
Usou o software por: Mais de um ano
  • Avaliado em 26/08/2020

"PPLSFT"

Comentários: The overall experience was actually pretty good despite the fact that JHRPS moved away

Vantagens: this product was bare bones, which was kind of nice. There was not much complexity to the tool so it was easy to use.

Desvantagens: Limitations played key role in JHRPS moving away from peoplesoft. It is no user-friendly, but once you learn the product it was pretty easy.

• Avaliado em 26/08/2020
Academic Advisor
Gestão da educação, 10.000+ funcionários
  • Avaliado em 12/06/2019

"Oracle PeopleSoft: Leaving More to Be Desired"

Comentários: We do have to create our own database to store student enrollment data and license information, as PeopleSoft does not allow for this function. I have seen the capabilities of StarFish and as far as reach out or mass communication I do think that Peoplesoft if far behind in this area. My wish list would include more customization features with patch updates, or the ability to have unique users create their own dashboard areas and customize what they see for students, as the general information can mean multiple pages of digging through things to find the one piece of data you may need.

Vantagens: I think the range of what this software can accomplish in a university setting does encompass a good amount of things. For example, as a current advisor using this software to do things such as student checks and advising notes, but knowing that our HR systems can be supported by this too, is interesting. This software does allow for reporting data to be pulled into excel documents which I appreciate, as there are not too many steps or manipulation that needs to be done. For example, using the query viewer functions we can pull reports to look at profiles or enrollment.

Desvantagens: Student groups and terms can sometimes make it difficult to look at a wide variety of data. One of the harder functions about the query viewer is that when we pull reports, while easy to pull...we have to establish terms that we are looking at, or set up perimeters for student group data to be pulled appropriately. We have had to work quite closely with our OIT team to get this done, and when we do pull reports we are only able to pull one term at a time, and then re-open the query viewer and then pull another report with another term date which can be a pain. The lack of customization in certain areas can be frustrating as well. I do wish the advising areas we use in the system had more room for departments to customize to their standards. But to comply with the university standards we must have one set office that can determine what we do as far as making note areas unique, for example.

• Avaliado em 12/06/2019
Bonnie M.
instructor
Educação superior, 201-500 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 29/08/2018

"PeopleSoft"

Comentários: I have used PeopleSoft (PS) since 2005 and in various positions/capacities at two different institutions. I've worked through three major upgrades, two HR/CMS splits, and COUNTLESS bundles and test runs. I've used helped design brand new pages, update/upgrade/improve the information and functionality of existing pages, created security tables, granted users access, entered data, and manipulated/created other data so that others could query that data for their needs. I've trained dozen of faculty and staff how to navigate through PS and how to use PS to access needed data and/or run pre-formatted queries and reports. It is robust database management system and I could not do my job without it!

Vantagens: I've used PeopleSoft both in what some would call the "vanilla" version, and also a "modified" to fit the specific needs of the organization, and/or department level version. What impresses me is that it is just that - modifiable, and can be programmed (if you have the people and know-how) to program it to do what you need. Being able to query data from many different tables can really save time and effort, which in turn saves manpower hours/money.

Desvantagens: It's a silly wish, but I wish PeopleSoft allowed the users to change the color of their individual display and settings - like the color of the background, or the size and type and color of font. I'm sure there's a way to do it, but it is managed by the SUPER Administrative users and "powers that be".... and it's probably an all or nothing kind of thing. I'm in the program 8 hours a day, and all that WHITE background and tiny font...let me jazz it up and make it my own like MS allows.

• Avaliado em 29/08/2018
Finance Administrator
Educação superior, 10.000+ funcionários
  • Avaliado em 16/04/2019

"Great software to be used in Government"

Comentários: The software fulfills my daily tasks at work, it's great to have such a great positive experience.

Vantagens: Many functions combined to make it a great software. We use the following, Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Financial Management and Human Capital Management.
All these functions work nicely together, being able to transfer information from one platform to another.
The system response is fast, although there are many users who are using it and running reports at the same time.
Reports are easy to run and can be customized in any of the platforms. The IT people have done a great job to keep the system online and functioning to its best.
The best thing is being able to Log in once, and from there, you're able to submit an expense claim, search for a job, submit a vacation request, etc. The software can handle anything.

Desvantagens: New users face a hard time to understand the many functions.
There are many links/options that makes it tough to get the information needed without investing the time to understand what every function does. Where too many clicks are needed to get to where you want to be.

• Avaliado em 16/04/2019
SR Business Analyst Project Lead
Educação superior, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
  • Avaliado em 30/07/2018

"ERP on Overdrive"

Comentários: The software suites are totally integrated, and reporting is a breeze. The user community is large and stretches from most industry. The global country codes make the ERP easier to work with minor config changes.

Vantagens: I like the Oracle suite of software as all their modules are integrated. If you are working on the LMS you do not have to worry about reentering data back into the system as HCM module has already sync through daily batch processes.
Customer support and white pages are helpful in troubleshooting issues and resolving problems from other solutions provided.
The software application is easily customizable, but if you opt for the cloud solution this may not be as available as the on-premise.

Desvantagens: The software suites as a whole are expensive, with more competition such as Workday, Ellucian Banner, Microsoft Dynamics the competition is furious.
The ERP will require an army of support staff such as Business Analyst, Database Analyst, Report Analyst and System Analyst which is very expensive. However, if you select the cloud versions than you may see additional savings.

• Avaliado em 30/07/2018