15 anos ajudando empresas brasileiras
a escolherem o melhor software

Avaliações do Buildium

Sobre Buildium

O Buildium é um software de gerenciamento de propriedades baseado na Internet, mais adequado para propriedades e associações residenciais.

Saiba mais sobre o Buildium

Vantagens:

Easy to use, user-friendly, great customer service, reasonable price.

Desvantagens:

Their "known issues" have cost me THOUSANDS in productivity loss. They don't offer credits, discounts or anything of value and they don't fix the issues for months.

Notas do Buildium

Pontuação média

Praticidade
Atendimento ao cliente
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O Buildium tem uma classificação geral de 4,5 em 5 estrelas com base em 2.030 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o Buildium antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (2.030)

Bobby
Owner/Manager
Imobiliárias, Profissional autônomo
Fonte da avaliação

Must have software for property owners for Landlords!

5,0 há 2 anos
Legendas em português disponíveis no player de vídeo
Aaron
Aaron
Manager, EUA

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Best property management software for the price

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: Reporting is important and Buildium lets you know who owes how much and what bills need to be paid. It simplifies the bookkeeping aspect and gives accurate accounting if used properly. Really enjoy having a dashboard with all critical information at my fingertips.

Vantagens:

Buildium is packed with features to streamline property management and cashflow. There is no better way to accept tenant payments and pay vendors online with the click of a few buttons. Once we got our tenants and vendors using the payment portal, we drastically reduced time spent on processing paper bills and checks. There are so many ways to automate tasks and save time.

Desvantagens:

I'm hoping that the developers add the "Duplicate Invoice" feature in the Bills module. This would save a lot of time when entering several bills at once. Setup is difficult but key to make the software work for you.

há 2 anos

Hi Aaron, Thanks for your feedback and excellent suggestion about making duplicate bills! Did you know you can submit suggestions like this directly to our developers? If you haven't already, navigate to the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. - Charlie

Keenan
Keenan
Accountant, EUA

The Best PM Software Solution

4,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: We have enlarged our client base with Buildium's features thanks to their focus on speed and accuracy with payments, reporting, and accounting ease.

Vantagens:

Online payments are a game-changer. Owner/tenant/HOA access allows each respective person the ability to view important reports and property status in real-time. The property database is completely searchable from anywhere on the site.

Desvantagens:

The task feature is a bit wanting. It's good for what it is, but dedicated project management or to-do list applications work just as well or better in most cases.

Max

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Very reliable PM software for professional residential management

5,0 há 2 meses

Vantagens:

It's really easy to use, but still gives us very advanced tools. Robust trust accounting makes auditing and compliance easy. Support is always good and prompt. They are constantly making updates and improvements and seem to really care about the product. I like features that save me time and Buildium delivers. Really good tenant app, tenants really like it. Communication features work well.

Desvantagens:

Buildium is great for PMs who manage up to about 100 properties. It lacks the features that you need for over that amount, such as advanced batch reports, missing many standardized features and tools, no inspection schedule tracking, and the manager app isn't the best.

Luminita
Controller, EUA

Poor Customer Service

2,0 semana passada Novo

Vantagens:

Friendly interface and good functionality overall.

Desvantagens:

The Customer Service is VERY POOR - tickets get generated but not followed up on. You have to call multiple times because you get to speak to untrained and unexperienced people who are very limited in their action to solve an issue. Our business was in put in serious jeopardy due to Buildium's decision to put a hold on our bank account due to incompetencies of underwriting team of verifying basic information as an SSN - we had to wait a week to get the funds released when finally (after 3 years of service) they were able to run a basic background check on us to confirm that everything was in order. Very poor business decision on Buildium's side.... Be very careful when trusting a company like Buildium run your customer finances in this manner..... Very disappointing and unprofessional!!!

ROBERT
Property Management, EUA

Simple Easy property mangement tools

4,0 há 3 meses

Comentários: Simeple and easy to use. Customer service is relatively quick to respond, but if you have basic plan, you are limited to only email correpondence. Overall the buildium costs less than other products but they lacks in reporting options for commercial buildings.

Vantagens:

They are simple to manuever and easy to implement the functions. Overall compared with other products on the market, it is relatively easy to use.

Desvantagens:

Many times the system is more geared to apartment/residential type buildings and residential tenants. This might be something to consider when you are commercial property manager since the reporting functions for commercial management are some what limited and not so friendly. I strongly suggest that they implement more functions and reporting options for different types of commercial properties.

Cynthia
Manager Assistant, EUA

The Best Property Management Platform

5,0 há 3 meses

Comentários: Overall, Buildium is not just a property management platform; it's a complete solution that has simplified my work. If you're in the property management field and want a platform that is easy to set up, maintain, and offers robust features for accounting, leasing, and expenses, look no further than Buildium. It has truly become an invaluable asset to my business.

Vantagens:

Easy to set up, helps to keep track of finances, properties, owners, tenants, basically I can do all in one program no need to use any other.

Desvantagens:

I can't schedule EFT payment for my customers. I can't add more charges when using Applicants other than application fee I can't modify statements

Sumer
Accounting, EUA

Overall great

5,0 há 3 meses

Comentários: My overall experience with Buildium has been good. It has taken longer for customer support inquiries over the years of use.

Vantagens:

I like that it is online based. Tenants can view their ledger and documents via their portal. Owners also have an online portal they can view their statements and documents.

Desvantagens:

Some of the accounting features can be a bit confusing for the user and owners. Like the tenant prepayments, the calculation of management fees, and the owner contributions distribution among a single owner who owns multiple properties (if there is an outstanding balance)

há 3 meses

Thanks for your honest review, Sumer. If you haven't already, try checking out Buildium Academy to see if that can help clarify some questions you have about those accounting functions. You can also reach out to customer care and they can shed some light on things. - Charlie

Teddy
Usou o software para: 1 a 5 meses
Fonte: SoftwareAdvice

A great and easy to use solution

5,0 há 2 meses Novo

Vantagens:

Buildium is a wonderful solution for property management. It’s easy to use, clean looking, and has all the depth needed to operate a business successfully.

Desvantagens:

Nothing really. It’s easy to use and has some great support.

GRACE

Daily work

5,0 há 3 dias Novo

Vantagens:

I like how it holds files and organizes information for property management.

Desvantagens:

The maintenance portion of Buildium is poor, so poor I pay for another company system to be used as a different application.

Anthony
Board Member, EUA
Fonte da avaliação

Not yet perfect for associations

4,0 mês passado Novo

Vantagens:

Accounting is clean and easy. Everyone loves the transparency with violations and reports. We love the vendor payment features.

Desvantagens:

Can’t download your own files in bulk Can’t attach files to email blasts Notes don’t refresh in real time

Nicole
owner, EUA

best software

5,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: I absolutely love buildium

Vantagens:

easy to setup/use It cuts my job in half always adding more features online portal

Desvantagens:

I went from using quickbooks to buildium. The products are night and day. Buildium definetly offers way more. The only issue I have is with the accounting side. I wish it had the capability to track expenses by apartment so I could keep track of renovation costs. You can't customize the reports as much as I would like. QuickBooks had a great feature so you could track and reconcile your loan payments.

há 5 anos

Hi Nicole, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so happy that Buildium has been able to help save you time. I'll pass your feedback on tracking expenses by apartment over to our product team. Thanks again! The Buildium Team

Nancy

Gets the Job Done; Would like more Features

4,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Software functions well and is reliable, Customers and Clients tell us they DO NOT like the portal and don't understand reports. I have volunteered to be in a user group to develop reports but have not been contacted yet.

Vantagens:

The software is easy to use and fairly flexible; we do use it in some ways that are not intended to address unique situations. I also like that there is a forum for user requested features where the community can "vote" on improvements.

Desvantagens:

Development of new features that are highly requested by the community could be responded to faster. There are also some requests that seem more like fixing a bug than a new feature that are ignored completely. These are things that affect our staff on a daily basis, e.g. emails that are automatically sent to customers and clients that have a link to the message thread in the portal where they can respond directly in thread (which is a good thing)- - EXCEPT the link is so cryptic that the average user does not realize it is a link, so they end up emailing us and we spend countless hours copying and pasting just to try to keep our documentation complete. If the developers would make the link more apparent and/or make email replies automatically update the message thread it would be really great.

William

Overall a Quality Property Management Software Platform

4,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: Overall Buildium is a really good platform to use especially if you want things to be automatically done or updated. I like that customize dashboard that lets you know when leases are expiring and need to be renewed. They also allow you to auto list properties for rent. This is extremely helpful for us. One down side of this platform is the inability to send debts to collection like other platforms have. Overall, I would recommend Buildium as long as they were made aware of the extra charges and services they continue to try and promote to tenants.

Vantagens:

The thing I like the post is that it automatically applies late fees to accounts. It also auto notifies tenants once they make a payment on their account. I like that you can email every tenant using one email instead of trying to email them individually. The site is very user friendly with a customizable dashboard to help you get a quick snap shot of your rentals.

Desvantagens:

I don't like some of the auto emails that get sent to tenants to help sell some of the products Buildium is promoting. For instance, they want all tenants to have insurance and will continually email them to get them to purchase insurance that Buildium gets a cut of. They also are encouraging tenants to set up ACH payments, which if you don't have the top account level, charges the owner to use the service. I feel like Buildium continues to try and do add ons from both the tenants and the owners which is frustrating considering the amount of money we pay for the software.

Pamela
Property Manager/Bookkeeper, EUA
Fonte da avaliação

Buildium is a game changer

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: This has been an excellent experience, from set up to daily work. The few times I have gotten stuck and not been able to figure it out on my own, I have always received the BEST Customer Service, every single time. Pleasant, accurate, immediate help and a solution to my problem with one phone call. It is astonishing in this day and age. Thank you!!!

Vantagens:

I have been in the Property Management field for over 30 years and started with a DOS based accounting program for our rentals. When it became too outdated to use anymore, my Broker dragged me, kicking and screaming, into the new age of online property management programs. After trying a few of them and being terribly discouraged and disappointed, I found Buildium and have not looked back since. The accounting features allow me to give my Landlords exact and professional reports and access to their account information through the portal. Nearly ALL of my tenants are paying online now, which is a great time saver and perfect for my small business situation. I am able to track every penny, every vacancy, every lease renewal AND I have it linked to my website so all it takes to put a property on the market is the click of a button. But the very best part about Buildium is their customer service!!! I have tried to figure out problems for HOURS on my own, then given up and called customer service to have an answer within minutes!!! It is amazing how fantastic the staff is. And the program keeps getting new features and fine tuning too. They listen to their customers and their excellent developers respond to our needs quickly. I've never had a better experience with ANY program or company, across the board. Highly recommend them.

Desvantagens:

The ONLY complaint I have about Buildium is that my ESCROW account balances, which are the tenant's money being held in trust, only show the Property Owner names on my reports.

há 2 anos

Thank you so much for your review, Pamela! It's always great to hear success stories like yours. - Charlie W.

Shirley
Contabilidade, 2–10 funcionários

Alternativas consideradas anteriormente:

Buildium Review for possible new customers

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: I have been using Quick Books for about 25 years and concerned about learning curve. I have been using over two years now and I love it. Still have some questions but support is great. I am considering bringing over more of my companies

Vantagens:

I like most it is user friendly but when I have an issue I can get online or telephone contact help. They are knowledgeable answer my questions and get me going.

Desvantagens:

I wanted to have two separate budgets with separate chart of accounts and was told not available. I have to download in excel and do some extra steps

há 2 anos

Hi Shirley, Thanks for your review! Did you know we have a feature suggestion tool that you can use to submit ideas like having multiple chart of accounts? Check out the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account, and choose "Suggest a feature." - Charlie W

Allyson
Assistant Property Manager, EUA
Usou o software para: 1 a 5 meses

A Great Way To keep all of your Property Management needs organized

5,0 há 2 anos

Comentários: Before we were using Google Drive and kept track of everything with spread sheets. Buildium makes it easier to keep all of your information together in one spot. Buildium is very user friendly. A little confusing at first but once you grasp how they organize everything you will catch on very quickly.

Vantagens:

This app is wonderful and really helps keep the tenants, leases, contact info, maintenance requests, leasing and listing, Property Management, Work Orders, finances everything to do with Property Management all in order. It’s a great way to keep your company organized.

Desvantagens:

I wish that there was a feature that we could have the list of tenants, like with outstanding balances, and when leases are close to being up etc. There’s a process, and I wish I could have a list of tenants with the check mark boxes beside them to mark off and keep track of each process. And even when I leave the page, and go else where in Buildium. When I come back to the list it is still the same as when I left it and I don’t have to start over. Just so I can keep track of which task and property I’ve already done for said task. For example: We have leases ending soon, I have to email each owner of each property to see if they want to do a rent increase or move out. This is where I would need my first check list of tenants I need to do this for. Then the next step is to create said rent increase notices or move out notices , this would be the second check list of tenants so that I can mark off and keep track of each step of the process and which tenants I’ve already completed the rent increase notices/move out notices for. I need this to be able to make separate lists that save even when I leave the page and go else where in Buildium. Right now there is a check box by each tenant, but it’s not really designed to keep track of what your doing because when I leave the page and come back my check marks are gone and I have to start over and try to remember which tenants I’ve already completed the process before. When dealing with tons of tenants this would make my job easier

há 2 anos

Hi Allyson, Thanks for your review. I'm happy to see Buildium is helping you keep organized. While we don't currently have a checklist ability for your move-out or renewal process, you should be able to see the information you're looking for by running a Rent Roll report, which shows you most of the information you're looking for. You're also able to run Buildium in multiple tabs or windows at the same time, so you can keep the report open in one window, and navigate to any other page in a separate window. I recommend submitting this as a feature request by selecting the "Suggest a feature" option in the Help & Support menu in your Buildium account. Thanks again! - Charlie W

Sherry
Administrative Assistant, EUA

Ray Realty

5,0 ano passado

Comentários: Overall I am really enjoying the program and feel it has made things easier for its users and for our tenants.

Vantagens:

Love the Tenant Portal and all the features it offers. Accounting functions are easy to use and there is a simple way to make any type of entry.

Desvantagens:

Would be very helpful is there was a report to track both Liability & Worker Comp insurance for Vendors & Certificates Of Liability for Commercial Tenants. As well as Property Taxes & Insurance on all Properties.

ano passado

Hi Sherry, Thanks for your review! I'm glad that the Resident Center is something you're loving and we hope your residents do, too! For reporting suggestions, you can submit those for consideration through your Buildium account. Simply go to Help & Support > Suggest a feature. Our devs monitor the submissions there to get an idea of what customers like you are looking for regarding features and updates. Thanks, Charlie

Monique
Community Association Manager, EUA

The Cadillac of HOA/Condo/Property Management

5,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: I have searched far and wide and Buildium is the best available for HOA/property management. I use it for all my monthly paying accounts, and find that the professional statements which are easily generated make managing the finances uncomplicated. Overall, Buildium is super customer friendly and has always met my expectations in the five years that I have been with them.

Vantagens:

This software is mandatory if you have monthly payments for properties. It accepts EFT/Debit/Credit Cards and has a very user friendly approach to keeping financial records on individual homeowners in perfect shape. They also allow easy access for homeowners to both their own account and payments, and to governing documents, minutes, etc at any time. Imputing the payments and checks etc is easy and personalizing the accounting categories to fit your business is a snap. It pulls up a roster of homeowners and when someone moves out, changing out the account name takes seconds instead of laborious work in other spreadsheets etc. The to-do tasks list is very helpful for sharing among a busy office. In a Buildium vs spreadsheet choice, I would pick Buildium every time for accuracy, professionalism and most importantly ease of use. I pull down a list and print up invoices from many time periods, and to email the late invoices, is simply a matter of 2 seconds to pull up the right file and hit the correct button.

Desvantagens:

The non-bending method of making payments - where they require the vendor to log in and invoice directly vs just allowing me to make quick payments to say the lawn guy or other vendors who wouldn't know a computer if it smacked them in the face. I do not use this portion of the software. I have also asked them repeatedly to sell a 'lite' version of the subscription. One where they charge less for seasonal payments. I have several HOAs that only pay once a year, and can't use Buildium because it is cost prohibitive to have an account open for 12 months that only has one payment per year. They need to have a Florida/AZ/Seasonal version at a lower rate that has limited payments.

há 6 anos

Hi Monique, Thank you so much for your review! We're so thrilled we've been able to help meet a lot of your management needs over the past 5 years. We've made a note of your feedback regarding vendor payments and Buildium "Lite", and will pass it along to our product team! Best, The Buildium Team

Paul
Property manager, EUA

Buildium features review

4,0 há 5 anos

Comentários: Buildium allows our rental department to stay organized and provides easy and efficient access to data information. I could not imagine doing my daily tasks without Buildium.

Vantagens:

The general format of the total program is good and maybe better than other programs used in the past. I really like the latest update of the status button for work orders

Desvantagens:

I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a feature where multiple windows with in Buildium can be open at the same time. (if it exists, forgive me for not knowing how to use it) I do not like that Buildium doesn't have a back button feature, especially in the tasks and work order screens. I do not like that Buildium will allow a partial online payment to be received. It should not receive a tenant online payment unless the full balance is being paid. This is a problem when tenants owe for late fees or maybe a repair expense. I would like to have the auto email option to send a work order to a owner even if the vendor has no email. It only gives that choice if the vendor has an email set up in the system. Some of our vendors receive work orders by phone or text or in person but the owner still needs to know what work is being done. It might be a nice feature for Buildium to store invoices in the system once a work order is completed. Not just the picture attachment spot within tasks and work orders. it it were a data base maybe or at least folders to store scanned copies. The work orders feature to add in the vendor parts and labors costs and description still seems cumbersome especially when dollar amounts are entered and then the book keep tries to pay bills. It may be we need Builduim training in this area. it should be a really useful feature. Sometimes Buildium seems to add double charges under tenants ledger info. Every now and then a random double charge pops up.

há 5 anos

Hi Paul, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We've passed your feedback on directly to our product team. We are currently working on updates to maintenance and work orders, stay tuned! Best, The Buildium Team

Kayvon
owner, EUA
Fonte da avaliação

Read this before making the mistake we did !

1,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: This is the 2nd review we have posted on lack of customer services and the unwillingness of this company to assist their clients. Instead of writing a descriptive review we have decided that we will just copy and past section from the last email communication with the companies supposed "Stevie Award Winning" Customer "dis-service rep" Jeana Pndelli. You as the consumer should decide if you would want to be treats as "low priority" based on the below email.
Client: 9/27
"Hi Jeana,
I have brought this issue up with everyone from call in support up to you now. When you go into reports to search for a budget the drop down menu does not let you narrow down by typing in a letter. Therefore, we have to go through the entire list of all the properties to find the budget we need. Most all other drop downs in Buildium let you narrow down. Why not this one? "
Buildium Response: 9/27
"The "budget vs actuals" report still has legacy coding on the back-end which does not allow you to search within the property field. It has been a while since we updated this feature/report which is why the older coding still exists. I can bring this to our level two support team's attention as I agree each report parameters page should be consistent."
Client: 9/27
"Thanks but just so you know this was already sent to your level two about a year ago when I brought it up. Not sure why it takes so long to fix issues. "
Client: 10/11
What the status on fixing this issue. Last you said you sent it to level two. When will it be fixed? This is an extremely time wasting glitch to have during budget season!
Buildium Response: 10/11
I just checked on the status of this with our level two team. They let me know it was sent up to our engineers and developers.
We don't currently have an estimated time frame for when this change will be made
Client: 10/11
So we don't know if it will be a few weeks or a few years?
Buildium: 10/12
I can't give a time frame for when this will be changed since it's been sent up as a lower priority item. I'll send you an update by 10/28
Client: 10/31
10/28 has passed.
Buildium: 11/1
I spoke with the product manager in charge of this feature last week and he let me know it's still in low priority status but he hopes to have the redesign done as soon as possible some time this year. However, we can't give a definitive time frame just yet since lower priority items often get bumped lower for higher priority bugs.

Nothing really.

Desvantagens:

Lack of customer service. Armature accounting and reports. Unwillingness to listen to their clients. Horrendous file management system. Not for HOA management .

Darren
Imobiliárias, Profissional autônomo

Pro's and Con's 22 month customer

3,0 há 4 anos

Comentários: It is not a five star product because of the support they "don't give. The support staff are educators not problem solvers. The software is cheaper than the competitors and it works well. I would buy it again, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't fix the problems.

Vantagens:

When you call support you do not have to wait on hold, they will call you back. Reporting is very nice. The system actually works. Price is fair.

Desvantagens:

Release communication: When the release breaks something and the accounts get messed up (like they did a upgrade for lease renewals that had a bug where the leases did not renew with the correct rent amount), the communication is horrible and they fix the problem going forward but not the messed up accounts. Phone support is lacking. When the error cannot be resolved immediately (by telling me what i did wrong), they rarely if ever follow up on the ticket. I don't know how they monitor their open tickets. One fellow did not even create a ticket, so after 1 week of waiting I called back to find out I had to start over. Then I waited another week and called back for a status, and there was no status -- still waiting 2 weeks in. When they have a problem to investigate, they do very poorly. Lastly, if you accept ACH or credit/ debit card payments and any item is disputed. the only way to communicate with them is via email. They will not verbally tell you anything. You initially get 7 days to provide evidence of a valid charge. After that the dispute remains on your account until it is re-credited to you account or nothing happens, and I mean nothing. In this case your evidence doesnt matter the charge back stands, Buildium doesn't notify you at all. They tell you it can take 4 months for a response and during that time the only way you know if it is settled is to EMAIL them.

há 4 anos

Hi Darren, Thanks for your honest feedback about release communication. Our team is working hard to improve on communication for all our releases, including monthly product emails and in-app messaging. I've passed your feedback on support follow-up to the manager of that team. This is not the experience we want our customers to have, and we thank you for letting us know about what you've encountered. Best, The Buildium Team

Gary
CFO,

Review

3,0 há 3 anos

Comentários: Overall to date after use of this product for 3+ years or so, it has been positive and for the most part appreciated. However, I would suggest being cautious and calculating when considering the new module roll outs vs their related cost increases for users especially considering the user demographics of the product as currently Buildium has a solid thing going right now in terms of their appreciation and overall responsiveness in terms of product module updates/new feature rollouts in response to their immediate user's feedback and needs in running their businesses.

Vantagens:

Initially, its low cost and welcoming feel towards the smaller property management and investor teams which given all the recent price increases that has slowly faded and now feels almost as if price targeting is trending similar to Appfolio which was the primary reason we initially chose Buildium vs Appfolio upon start up. That said, I still do love the open request and feedback solicitation from the Buildium users in terms of specific function and modules we are looking for/need for running our business in addition to the pretty timely and mostly appropriate implementation of those related requests/updates requested by the users. Last of all being the remote Check printing feature that was recently rolled out within the past year or so as that was a complete game changer in terms of time savings on investors parts.

Desvantagens:

Still feed as if the different key modules of Buildium are too scattered about and not as either user friendly as needed and most significantly how those same critical modules do not do the best of jobs of being interconnected in the sense of communicating with one another to make processes streamlined and just less redundant throughout the Buildium suite overall. For example, there still could be plenty of improvement between the Rent Roll and Expiring Leases modules in addition to the same being said for the overall Accounting/Financial reporting modules themselves as those 2 specifically could use some vast improvements to help make them much more robust and professional.

Dora

Buildium Review

1,0 ano passado

Comentários: Would not recommend. Its worth it to pay a little more for another program that doesn't always have some glitch causing misbilling's or has a customer service that is knowledgeable and able to assist in a timely fashion with all issues. We would change today if we weren't in a situation where time is limited due to staffing issues.

Vantagens:

It is a online portal that allows tenants to pay online and view their transaction history

Desvantagens:

The Customer service is terrible and the consistent inaccuracy for bill backs for service is horrible. They bill the owner for service dates that do not accurately match the funded dates they list on said bills and are terrible in providing the proper information needed to get that information to the owners. Hold times for assistance is always longer than normal and once you do get someone on the line they typically cant help you if its not within their normal "script" to reference for said issue. They just submit a support ticket and then continuously send follow up emails but never respond with a solution to your problem. Just feels like a never-ending circle of buildium confusion.

ano passado

Hi Dora, Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While we are currently in a high-volume season for phone support, this is certainly not a typical experience and not one we would like any customer to have. You should receive an email response to your review and I hope you'd be willing to provide some more details, including any relevant ticket numbers, so we can look into this further. Regards, Charlie

Carrie
Fonte da avaliação

Buildium has given me the freedom to manage property from anywhere

4,0 há 6 meses

Comentários: I am able to run my entire business from anywhere that I have wifi or service on my phone.

Vantagens:

I like that there is one place that all parties involved can use to run a property management company. I have about 45 properties in three separate towns in Montana and I use it daily for the entire property management process from listing properties to screening applicants, writing leases, maintenance, rent collecting, renters insurance, owner payouts, management agreements, vendor accounting and debt collecting. I had to teach myself how to use Buildium and it was easy because I can just call Buildium support and they walk me thru anything that I need to do.

Desvantagens:

The number one thing I don't like is the mobile app because it is not user friendly so on my phone I just go to the website instead and that is a bit difficult. The other thing I don't like is if a tenant pays their rent before the first of the month, it requires some extra work on my end to catch it and then go in and do some accounting changes so that it is allocated to the correct month.

há 6 meses

Hi Carrie! Thanks for your review. Being a cloud-based software, managing your properties from wherever you are is a HUGE benefit. It's clear to see how that's been helping your operations. For the mobile app, definitely let us know how we can improve by going to the "Suggest a feature" page in your Help & Support menu. As for early payments, did you know Buildium has a Prepayments setting so that it can apply the payment to the correct month? Search our help library for "prepayments," or reach out to customer care for help on how to set this up! Thanks again! -Charlie

Tom
EUA
Usou o software para: Não especificado
3,5 há 11 anos

Comentários: We've been using Buildium for about 2 years, long enough to get a good feel for its strengths and weaknesses. My overall impression is that this is a good product for small to medium size residential property management firms (10-100 units). If you have fewer than 10, this product is overkill. If more than 100, you'll probably find it too simplistic. The product is geared to residential properties and residential associations. Managing commercial portfolios with it can be difficult. The Good:
Accounting functionality is pretty strong. GL, AR, AP, budgets and property ledgers are handled seamlessly. Very easy to use even for beginners. I like the global search functionality. You can pretty much find anything using it without navigating through the menus. Pricing is relatively inexpensive.
It's cloud-based, so you don't have to maintain any software on your own computers. You can access it anywhere with a web browser. Some people see this as a negative, but we've not had any issues with Buildium being down unexpectedly. The scheduled maintenance times are generally late at night. Support is good if you're having problems with the standard functionality. In general I would say the support staff understands their product well. And you can get them on the phone to explain things. That's becoming less common with companies today. Document management is hit & miss. I love that I can post a PDF receipt for every expense right there in the ledger. However, documents at the property- or owner level are less helpful. It's just one big bucket per property or owner. Having a folder structure would be a big help. (Not there today.) Buildium offers tenant bill-pay through an online portal for rent payments, and also outbound electronic payments to property owners. It's done through a 3rd party vendor and at additional cost. This is a double-edged sword. Very convenient; it makes the bookkeeping entries for you automatically. But if you're doing outbound payments, make sure to treat it just like an online banking account (long passwords, be careful of who in your office has access to it, etc.) Allowing for extra security questions or letting users limit the IP addresses that have this outbound payment functionality would be helpful. The Bad:
As noted, you'll get frustrated if you're trying to use this for commercial properties. The designers make assumptions that you're doing residential.
CRM functionality is practically non-existent. This is an accounting package. They do have some decent (and customizable) postal-mail templates and can do mail-merge so you can send notices to tenants and owners. But this does not extend to email. You'll need another product to do CRM and do double data entry between systems. There is no integration layer or API, so no chance of integrating this with your CRM system or generating custom reports. The reports, while nice-looking, are as-is and not customizable in any way. You're stuck with what they give you. They make some odd design decisions sometimes. For example, you can't generate an association owner invoice for an owner who lives someplace other than the managed property. The invoice is always addressed to the managed property, even if you entered a different mailing address for the owner, as if an association owner would never rent out the property. These types of oddities abound, and the product support folks will never acknowledge it as a problem. They'll tell you to fill out an enhancement request, which may be considered for implementation someday, or may not. You'll never know. Providing a way to customize reports or providing an API would help in this area. In Summary:
Buildium is good at what it does, but what it does is pretty limited. You will likely be happy if you're in their demographic sweet spot (10-100 residential units). It's cheap enough to sign up and try it out to see if it's right for you. If you manage commercial properties, have a very large or complex portfolio, or need integrated CRM capabilities, it's probably not for you.