15 anos ajudando empresas brasileiras
a escolherem o melhor software

Avaliações do RationalPlan

Sobre RationalPlan

Auxilia gerentes de projetos no desenvolvimento do planejamento, alocação de recursos, acompanhamento do progresso, gestão de orçamentos e análise da carga horária.

Saiba mais sobre o RationalPlan

Vantagens:

It is also easy to integrate and manage multiple projects. Scheduling and tracking of tasks is also a plus with this product.

Desvantagens:

Needs a "facelift", needs to be refreshed, make it more "interactive" (drag and drop functionality).

Notas do RationalPlan

Pontuação média

Praticidade
Atendimento ao cliente
Recursos
Relação qualidade/preço

Probabilidade de recomendação

O RationalPlan tem uma classificação geral de 4,4 em 5 estrelas com base em 99 avaliações de usuários no Capterra.

Você já usou o RationalPlan antes?

Compartilhe suas experiências com outros compradores de software.

Filtrar avaliações (99)

nirmal
nirmal
Assistant Manager, Índia
Construção
Fonte da avaliação

Found it better than MS Project for project management!

5,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: I am using Rational Plan as a MS Project substitute and have greatly benefitted by all its features. It helped me manage the tasks better.

Vantagens:

It is web-based and has better compatibility among different OS, it has similarbut better features than MS Project which include task and Gantt Chart features that the executives work with want to see. It integrates with Outlook, so tasks can be emailed to responsible staff. The export to PDF is great for sharing a snapshot of all the tasks in the entire project along with the Gantt Chart.

Desvantagens:

while exporting to Excel,it loses the formatting. There's no way to set up emails on tasks that are late. The main way to track tasks is by manually entering the percentage of work completed.

Resposta do Stand By Soft

há 6 anos

Not sure what product you are using but in the latest version of RationalPlan Cloud it is implemented the late task notification. Just make sure it is activated from the Administration area. Resources can also track their tasks in the My Assignments area by entering their individual actual work and the percentage completion will be automatically computed by the application. Regarding loosing format when exporting to Excel we would appreciate some detailed feedback in order to improve it. Just drop us an email to support.

Tim
Reino Unido

The Best Planning Software for Linux

5,0 há 9 anos

Comentários: I have trialled several planning software applications and have find that RationalPlan is the best I have come across. I am using the Single version, which is free for Linux users, for other OS there is a charge. There is MultiProject version which is not free. Gantt Chart
Too many of the software I have looked at is too much like MS Project 2003 which looks very 1980's. Presentation is always an important issue for clients and indeed colleagues, and RationalPlan certainly ticks the right boxes as the colour of the bars can be changed in the Settings/Options. Trying to fit a gantt chart and data columns onto an A4 or A3 can always be a frustrating exercise, which ever software package you are using. In RationalPlan, however, the best way is through Reports/More/Gantt, where there are the options to help you to manipulate the image to fit on the size of paper.
There is one item that does puzzle me, is that the Gantt report option is hidden under "More" and not displayed in the drop-down menu. Data
Data import is easy and anyone familiar with this type of project planning applications should not find it a problem. For beginners resource input will always present some problems, but trial and error should sort these out.
Data can by exported to xls either the whole data or through reports, for manipulation. One of the annoying aspects of some planning software and versions of MS Project was the default setting for resource hours on the task duration which was Effort Driven resulting in the duration changing when the hours changed. In RationalPlan I am pleased to say that the default is Fixed Units, the changes which do not have an impact on the duration. Customer support I have found is excellent having used it several times. I would not hesitate in recommending RationalPlan as a planning software to Linux users.

Frank
President, EUA
Maquinário, 11–50 funcionários

Franklin Automation

3,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: We have not gotten to the point yet where we are utilizing the resource management tools, but given that we are typically managing 3 - 4 projects at any given time this is definitely the goal. What would be most beneficial at this time is to have some way of entering and accumulating data. Currently I have to set-up project spreadsheets with all of my cost codes down the left margin and dates across the top so that I can enter time sheets and accumulate hours for each job cost code for all projects. With the accumulated sub-totals I can then update my Gantt charts on Rational plan from time to time. It would be great if I could enter this time sheet data directly into Rational Plan instead of having to create and update these summarizing spread sheets.

1. Inexpensive 2. Relatively easy to learn 3. Good customer support

Desvantagens:

1. cannot enter raw data; has no way of accumulating time in a given cost code 2. some of the options are confusing (e.g. "always keep assignment units as set" and "try to keep the work when changing resources"...what do these mean???

Resposta do Stand By Soft

há 7 anos

RationalPlan can export to a spreadsheet by simplg going to File/Data export menu. The " keep the work when changing resources" option is a Project Management option which indicate the application to recalculate duration of a task when adding resources for example so to keep the amount of work constant

Howard
Reino Unido
Fonte da avaliação

Not at all bad for small projects but I am still searching for "the one"!

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: As a sole-trader consultant I have been searching for an app that enables me to plan and manage projects that sometimes involve other consultants but sometimes just involve me and a whole load of people who are research subjects. After being led close to suicide by some other PM software (too complex, too "techie", only suitable for people who have nothing else in their lives!) I tried the add-on version of Rational Plan for Google docs and was impressed. So I bought the standalone Multi-Plan version. It worked very well for those projects where there was a good expectation of the steps laid out at the outset actually being the ones that were followed when the project started! The support from the team was excellent and my overall experience was good and I would recommend it to people who are actually running "manageable" projects. Having used it I realised that much of my work does not really fall into this category and, in much of what I am doing , the steps only emerge from the previous steps. In this case, the program is not very useful but I think that would be the case with any PM software I used. My dream is to have a single screen dashboard for all the components of Outlook so that I can see at a glance for a single project who is involved in it and in what capacity, that tasks that they have to do and the timescale, the e-mails associated with the project and the calendar entries for upcoming actions. It is really a cross between PM and CRM. Rational Plan comes close to the PM side of it.

Bill
Bill
Principal, VP/COO, EUA
Construção, 2–10 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Great project management software.

5,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: My partner and I build large custom homes. By using RationalPlan, we can queue the subs and make the entire process go more quickly. It is a great tool, but like any tool, you have to use it. It is not magic.

Vantagens:

Intuitive. Easy to learn. Many features (some I have not explored yet).

Desvantagens:

I have not figured out how to have a couple of projects open at the same time. Also have not figured out how to sort entries.

Senior Architect, EUA
Serviços e tecnologia da informação, 201–500 funcionários

Very Effective Project Management Tool

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: I work with a lot of different customers and am constantly importing and exporting project plans (converting from MS Project). RationalPlan allows me to effectively and efficiently work with the plans in this mixed environment. I find it an essential tool for my business.

Vantagens:

It is a native Mac program that imports and exports MS Project files efficiently.

Desvantagens:

I have had some issues over the years with specific bugs. But to their credit, RationalPlan has always been quick to respond with a resolution to the issues. I still seem to have some issues with the printing format and how it handles logos.

Usuário do LinkedIn Verificado
Serviços e tecnologia da informação
Fonte: GetApp

Good alternative to Project

4,0 há 9 anos

Comentários: I have been RationalPlan Multi for several years now. I find it to be a good alternative to MS Project. I have little issue with importing project files that others have worked on. My issue is that it will only save files back out in Project XML format instead of .mpp format. This does make collaborating with others using MS Project difficult at times.

Vantagens:

Native to the Mac, good interface and easy to use.

Desvantagens:

Does not save files to .mpp

Serviços meio ambientais, 10.000+ funcionários

Review

4,0 há 6 anos

Vantagens:

The software is very easy to pick up. I use this software for smaller project that require professional looking gantt chart but not the bells and whistles of more powerful software like P6. I can very quickly develop a project schedule without issue using this software.

Desvantagens:

The software doesn't have the same level of user created support compared to other more popular software like MS project. If I have a problem with MS project I can usually just google the problem and find something on a forum.

Roupa e moda, 201–500 funcionários
Usou o software para: Avaliação gratuita

Great for Multiprojects

5,0 há 5 anos

Vantagens:

the collaboration on this software is bar-none. We just finished our free trial and we will definitely be purchasing. Cannot wait to learn more and get access to all of the features.

Desvantagens:

I have no cons about RationalPlan at this time.

Seguros, 1.001–5.000 funcionários
Fonte da avaliação

Simple tool for project planning and management

5,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: If you're looking for ease-of-use project planning and management tool, this can be it! You can manage multiple projects at the same time, be able to estimate the project durations and costs, and assure that you can stay track on your targets.

Vantagens:

We're looking for a software for project planning and we ended up using this application. I find this simple and straightforward for our projects. It allows me to create project timelines, build roadmaps (Gantt chart) and other basic functionalities for project planning and management.

Desvantagens:

Couldn't think of any. It fulfilled the needs of our small projects.

Jennifer
COO, EUA
Gestão de organizações sem fins lucrativos, 501–1.000 funcionários

Special Events

5,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: It has been a great addition for our special events and maintenance projects.

Vantagens:

User-Friendly and easy to navigate. With little instruction, our special events director was able to set up the events with mininal assistance.

Desvantagens:

Nothing so far. Customer service has been very helpful.

Ryan
Business Systems Office, Austrália
Administração pública

Great application

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: I have used Rationalplan for a few years now and been extremely happy with it. It covers all my project management needs.

Vantagens:

Ease of use. Quick to figure out.

Alexandre
Component Engineer, EUA
Telecomunicações, 10.000+ funcionários

Alternative to MS Project

5,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: I found this software a very good alternative to MS Project, cost is very fair. I didn't see any compatibility issues and works great. About file format compatibility, other than its native file format you can export your data in a xml file or Excel. I recommend the usage very much.

Compatibility and speed.

Desvantagens:

Cannot export in native MS Project file. I know there are other ways to export the data.

Laurent
Canadá

Provides what I need

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: My main use for a project planner is to manage dates, and resources somewhat. RationalPlan allows me to do this, and it also allows me to track changes and decisions over the course of the project. It's easy to use and provides the features I need the most. It's not complete, and there are a few features I would like to have (text import, cell highlighting), but overall it does the job and does it well.

Easy to use Provides the features I need Imports Excel Project files

Desvantagens:

Cell background highlighting (instead of font only) would be a nice addition

Senior Project Manager, EUA

Easy to use with Great Support

4,0 há 9 anos

Comentários: I switched to RationalPlan - Multi for my consulting business about four years ago, after using MS Project since about 1998.
I have been very happy with RPM and find it easier to use than MSP for the work I do.
What really stands out for me, though, is the support provided for RPM. There are regular updates, and the twice I have had to contact support my question or issue was resolved promptly.
What I would like to see improved is the printing output, although there are improvements being made in this area, and I look forward to the new releases.

Telemabo
Civil Engineering Technologist, Nigéria
Engenharia civil, Profissional autônomo
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses

Easy to use

4,0 há 6 anos

Comentários: I use it to develop work schedule for my company.

Vantagens:

It is very easy to use, even as a novice. You can also add your company logo in the heading of the printout.

Desvantagens:

I don't have any contrary opinion, for now

Daniel
Espanha
Fonte da avaliação

Quite good in general. To be improved: Resource Management and Estimation methods like MS Project.

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: In general it works pretty well.
It would be much better for me if the resource management / leverage would be easier and more graphical and able to be balanced between several projects. For instance, being much simplier, GanttProject has much better landscape view: http://ganttproject.biz/about
For Compatibility with MS project I would really like to have the same estimation variables: work, resource units and duration and with same default approach.

Jeff
Jeff
Managing Director
Indústria farmacêutica, Profissional autônomo
Fonte: GetApp

Excellent alternative to MS Project for small businesses

4,0 há 8 anos

Comentários: As a small business, the cost of MS Project is difficult to justify. Rational Plan offers a good value alternative that allows you to create your own Gantt charts and read and edit those created in using MS Project.

Vantagens:

Simple workflow Creates good looking Gantt charts with ease Reliably reads in Gantt charts created by MS Project Allows you to use most of the features for Gantt charts that would expect in MS Project - e.g. Resources free version for Linux (Gold star for this)!

Desvantagens:

Isn't a complete replacement for MS Project (but doesn't pretend to be) Lack of Calendar view

Marcello
Itália
Internet, 11–50 funcionários

all it takes

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: I use it to setup a first plan for my projects. So I don't use its full potential, but it has all it takes for me.

works on mac

I think that MS Project is more powerful

Mallory

RationalPlan

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: We use this product to create schedules and timelines for our projects. I've found it helpful as a central location for project info such as scope and budget. We use this to also create gaunt charts and timelines. It is very helpful to get the whole team on the same page, also if the time line shifts it shows where corresponding items will have to shift to.

Energias renováveis e meio ambiente, 2–10 funcionários

Simple Scheduling

3,0 há 6 anos

Vantagens:

Has all the basic features needed for critical path scheduling and Gantt chart visuals.

Desvantagens:

At times I experience freezes that limit the ability to use the software. The print function is also not as clean as I would like for displaying a gantt.

Neal
Consultant, Singapura
Serviços financeiros
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses
Fonte da avaliação

good functional project management software

3,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: I have used RationalPlan for almost a year to design and present projects for existing and potential customers. Entering tasks for WBS and Gantt charts is straightforward with several options presented to schedule and link tasks together. Printing reports to a pdf format has been very useful and enabled a clean Gantt chart presentation.

Vantagens:

value for money and easy to use; good technical support

Desvantagens:

could have more features such as recurring milestones on a quarterly basis etc.

Jim

Good project manager

5,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: I am not sure project managers as I have seen them is what I am actually looking for . However, of all I have looked at I do like Rational Plan. It has a lot of features well laid out, nice facebook page and decent online manual.

Nice layout and features

None

Krzysztof
França
Fonte da avaliação

Great software for start-up company

5,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: We are using RationalPlan to manage our three big projects. It is really simple and powerful tool for everyone. Lot of options inside give us a choice to precisely control all changes of time line project. Great value for the money you pay.

mike

Business User

4,0 há 7 anos

Comentários: Easy to use. Accesses most resources we were looking for. Would recommend to other business people seeking similar resources. Wish more research software companies would use similar process. Seems like it is up to date.