3d design for everybody

Ed o M.
manager
Materiais de construção, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: 1st time I heard about SKETCHUP was several years ago. I was looking for some fast sketching solution (preferable in 3d ) and search engine listed this program as near 1st position (and not a CAD). So, I clicked on the link and saw a fantastic piece of software. After some 8 or 9 years SKETCHUP is still on my computer. It's more poreful than several years before (form SKETCHUP 6, if I remember correctly), there are more materials, components and models (when 3d warehouse started it made a revolution of it's kind, enthusiast could show their models and companies could offer their products and services). Several things made me a follower/user of this program: simple to use, fast drawing, diferent type of finishing, cross-sections, user-friendly interface, diferent ways to achieve same results (by multyplaying or by dividing, by pulling or following,...), plenty of options and many special features that came during years. On of the first features was inserting a 3d object on GOOGLE EARTH (GOOGLE was a previous owner). That had a tremenduos effect and in short perid of time every city had many of landmarks made by SKETCHUP and inserted on maps. 3d warehouse was also an succesfull feature. Interesting feature, also, is "projection and perspective view". Changing this You can switch from "natural" 3d view to "geometrical" 3d view. This is MUST BE USED when You switch from designing to taking measures (hard to describe but imediately visible when used) Interesting feature, from a few version ago, is to match a photo. You simply load a photo (interior or exterior) and with help from program You model a 3d object, At the end You had a 3d model replica from photo with textures acquired from photo. If You are in real estate business, You understand what can be done regarding virtual demonstrations. Another nice feature is another warehouse - for extensions. With these addons You can have a completely different way of doing Your job, from drawing, designing or 3d printing. PRO version have some other usefull features that I like .DWG handling and several types of calculation, reporting (these are important part of my work with it) and exporting results. If You need a good sollution for 3d sketching, drawing or design, and You don't have time to learn a full CAD software this is software for You.

Vantagens: Simple tu use, fast drawing, starting 3d models and 3d warehouses, extensions, textures, importing of photos and materials, finishing, rendering options, drawing/sketching options, perspective changing, components and objects designing, friendly-used interface, cross-sections, active comunity,...

Desvantagens: Many options are not visible or even expected. Without manual and (several) video tutorials many things that are simple to do You can't be done as they are not explained/offered. Switching axes sometimes is very irritating. Deleting a part of object sometimes cause un-expected results. Pushing/pulling sometimes cause small but irritating problems with surfaces.

SketchUp is the Ultimate!

Avaliado em 17/02/2019
Jeremy K.
Business Analyst
Entretenimento, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I absolutely love it! I use Sketchup Pro for small projects but just love the detail I can get with the program giving me a full blown idea of what my models will look like before anything has been physically constructed.

Vantagens: What can I say, the first time that I heard about Sketchup Pro was a few years back when I was developing a Haunted House attraction believe it or not. I needed a 3D modeling software that could help give me and idea of what it would be like to walk through and build it before anything was purchased. It allowed me to go through and find holes in the design plan that would have been very costly if I did not simulate it later down the road. The ease of use is so easy, any one from absolute beginner to expert level CAD designer can plug and play into Sketchup Pro! I also want to mention that it is a FUN product to use as well and the amount of features is incredible! From the 3D wear house to being able to make 3D renderings turn into 2D schematics is such an amazing feature. I have enjoyed using sketch pro so much that I have even taken a few online courses on how to become better and it makes the software my go-to for all my modeling needs. Anyone from small real estate firms, architectural and engineering businesses, down to the home haunter like myself, Sketch Up Pro is the one stop shop for all of your needs!

Desvantagens: I really enjoy Sketchup Pro so there really is not a whole lot that I can say that is a problematic about it.
The one thing that does stick out (and may be its only flaw) is the price tag attached to it for one license is a little steep. Now, even though I say that, the value and ROI of Sketchup Pro far surpasses the initial price tag. It really comes down to what you want to use it for, but no matter the case, it really is worth every penny that you pay for it!

Fast and easy 3D & 2D design software

Avaliado em 07/02/2019
Social Media Manager
Design, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: SketchUp-Pro is generally easy to use, fast, convenient and much reliable. It has exposed me to newer designs and has allowed me to explore architecture even more. I’ll definitely go for the program over most other competitive software.

Vantagens: Most designers, regardless of their skill levels, find SketchUp-Pro one of the fastest and easiest CAD software programs for both creating and editing 3D & 2D designs. I bet this is mostly because of the thousands of models present in its intuitive toolbars and 3D Warehouse. What I like the most about the program are its customizable toolbars and large icons. These two features make it easy even for beginners. The software has no house wizard, but it still makes it simple to
create all sorts of designs. It grants me access to the Trimble’s 3D warehouse. The Trimble’s 3D warehouse stocks thousands of models that I may download and use. This way I have access to lots of shared files together with a growing number of designs. The Program also has other built-in features such as the animations, lighting and textures effects. The Plugins are available to serve the purpose of advanced photorealistic rendering. In addition, the program
offers built-in rendering styles. The software is compatible with an array of file types such as AutoCAD’s DXF and DWF files. It allows me to use the 3D printing image files, PDF and STL file. Some useful 2D CAD features include the layer manger and text & color editing. The layer, measurement and style toolbars make editing easier. I can quickly switch between different functions and correctly apply styles faster. In addition, other features such as import capabilities, macro recordings, and setup manager make the use of the program more convenient

Desvantagens: Although the software offers architectural tools to promote building plans, SketchUp Pro lacks the house wizard and a wall tool. These two aspects would otherwise give the software a more powerful influence on architecture.

Fastness, reliability and easy to use CAD

Avaliado em 12/08/2018
Israel jose A.
Hydraulic Engineer, MSc Geological Engineering (Oil and Gas prospecting)
Engenharia civil, Profissional autônomo
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: As a hydraulic engineer, and not an architect, I started using Sketchup Pro to make general designs and more for fun than need, then, when making work proposals, it became a fundamental tool thanks to the speed with which I could generate 3D decorative solids, with textures and lighting effects from simple 2D drawings.

Vantagens: Despite the fact, the almost all the CAD software are essentially very complex programs, the first and most I like of SketchUp ProCAD is its easiness of use, even for beginning designers. The Custom Tool Palette permit you to create custom palettes or menus with the tools and features that you can choose according to your needs, and if you no longer use or need any tool, you can simply delete them. Then we have the Drag and Drop functionality, that allows you to take blocks and symbols from the palettes and drag and drop them in your drawing, you can also use this function to toggle the order of the drawings within a project and move them to the position you want. Sketchup Pro has the most common and useful features, such as Measure Command Tool, simply select the object you want to measure, and the program will indicate its dimensions, area, volume of solids and even perform calculations such as the area of a solid minus the area of other solids that intercept or are located within it; also has Snap Tool; Layer Manager; Text Editing; Point Marker; Color Editing, and of course, one I really love, the Extrude 3D Models from 2D Designs, with which you can create a 3D model from a more complex 2D design, and to perform the inverse process generating 2D Designs from 3D Models. If you are a programmer, or not, Sketchup Pro comes with Macros that allows you to record and automate any process. The 3D Warehouse is one of the most useful resources, with which you will have a wide var

Desvantagens: Within the cons, the photorealistic rendering provided by the software could give more striking results but they are also quite decent, and of course, another significant con is the lack of Wall Tool and House Wizard, and other architectural tools

designing 3D construction

Avaliado em 20/01/2019
Graphic Designer
Impressão, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: There are online trainers available to train ist timers to use and guide those who have been using it since a period of time. The exciting features of this software has made it aa choice of the designers who highly recommend it.

Vantagens: Sketch up pro We design better Millions of user has taken advantage of our software who happen to spend lot of time and energy in designing 3D construction projects and it would cost them much expertise and professional experiences. The sketch up pro is a latest technology designing software that helps the designers to draw 3D sketches of the constructions in a shorter period of time and in a much easier way. One has not to be an expert in designing or may not have a professional experience can also use it after taking few hours training. Sketch up pro is highly recommended for its time efficiency and accuracy. It created detailed project sketches which includes all minor and major details by using both text and signs and given in a colour combinations layouts which helps in better understanding of the projects for its execution. The sketch up pro has following features 1.It is compatible with other 3D designer stores which helps users to import designs already available on the web and once the desired design is imported into the sketch up, it allows modifications of the imported design according to the needs of the user by the sketch up extensions. Thus making it user friendly and highly useful. 2.It can draw 3D sketches of almost any thing and the 3D is turned in 2D layout without alteration of the project or design. 3.The software has a home button which has sub titles explaining more the product and services and how to use it . A manual guide is attached to it. 4.I

Review of Sketch up 2017

Avaliado em 25/05/2019
Architecture Intern
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: All round, it is a good and flexible software especially for beginners who'd like to just get started with architecture modelling software.

Vantagens: I really like that the software is very flexible. You can literally use it to perform any function pertaining to architectural drawings such as drawing plans, and sections especially with plug-in with a variety of functions you can perform such as builing walls, doors and windows as components etc. I like that you can import and export files ranging from 2D DWG TO 3D COLLADA. I also like that it has a very active community that can assist with any problems you may be facing with the software. I especially like that it intermittently autosaves for you incase of any mishaps that may occur along the line. You can also simply just drag in components and materials without any hassle.

Desvantagens: I don't love the unexpected bugsplats and the fact that if I change the setting of one scene it affects the outline profile of the work. I think the zooming options needs a little work because sometimes it can be difficult to orbit around work without expecting it to enter into a surface all the time. I feel the snapping to edges might need a little work as well because sometimes its difficult to close polylines unless you zoom in critically.

A simple, but advanced tool for Architechtural and Engineering Design

Avaliado em 02/08/2018
Ricardo S.
Ingeniero Civil Estructural
Engenharia civil, 2-10 funcionários
Usou o software para: 6 a 12 meses
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Sketchup Pro is a must-have tool for any Architecture or Engineering designer. Its simple interface, along with its variety of options, allows you to create very professional designs that will allow you to win the client you want. As a Civil Engineer, I've used this software to create 3D models and plans for buildings, and I'm completely satisfied with the products this software allows me to create.

Vantagens: It is an easy-to-use but complete software that allows you to create many products required in an Engineering or Architecture Project, such as:
- Detailed Construction Documents, such as plans, that are entirely essential for any project, and you can create them with many easy features that provides you a great aid to create a very professional set of plans.
- 3D Renderings and Animations: In any Civil Engineering project is important to have a set of professional renderings, and this software does a great job with it.
- It is a software that allows you to export your model to other specialized softwares in case that your model cannot be completed with this one. It also allows you to import as-drawn drawings so you can create your 3D model from a set of plans from other software.
- Dynamic components, this feature allows you to safe plenty time when it comes to complex models.
And last, but not least:
- Extensions: they are some features that you can install into the interface of the software, you can download them from many websites. These Extensions allows you to do some tasks that the normal set of tools of the program doesnt allow you to do them. So, you can say it is like an upgrade.

Desvantagens: I don't have many issues with this software, it is very complete and it has a very intuitive way to use and learn. My only con about this software could be that the Rendering motor may be not the best, but with the exporting tool, you can export to a 3D rendering specialized software, such as 3DS MAX, but that is not a problem for me.

SketchUp Pro, The best and affordable space planning software

Avaliado em 14/01/2019
Sharon C.
Interior Designer and Owner
Design, 2-10 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I was introducted to this back in school when I have to produced a residential project and I had not learned revit yet. I panicked, I search in vain to find a product to find a product that I could use to build my kitchen in 3D with fairly quickly. I was introduced SketchUP, I think it was version 7. I loved it so much I upgraded to pro. Now its the industry standard. Very easy to teach and make very impressive presentations with. Which makes me look good to my clients. Perfect for commercial and residential design. Highly recommended!

Vantagens: What did I not love about the software. You can learn it in about three hours; easy to build from. The furniture and textile library uses a lot of the same pieces you’d find in your favorite stores, thus it creates realistic space plans. The pro version you create professional plans and it integrates with AutoCAD, you can create a digital walk around in your 3D presentations. Works with the representatives color paint colors as well. You can change the style of how your presentation looks from hand drawn to very clean and linear.

Desvantagens: The sheets take a bit of time to learn, but once you do they look very professsional. You need a separate rendering program to make it more realistic and they can be pricey.

User-Friendly, Fun To Use & Versatile

Avaliado em 20/11/2017
Manuel alberto M.
Project Engineer
Engenharia mecânica ou industrial, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: i shortened time of work it took me days to make a 3d model but now i just invest at much four or five ours and the i can start rendering that helps me with the clients normally you ask for two weeks to complete a job but now i can do it in a week

Vantagens: I've been using SketchUp everyday in my line of work for over three years now. It is one of the easiest CAD programs I've used/learned as well as one with some of the best support and communities I've participated in. There are tons of models in the 3D warehouse to learn from or integrate into your own creations. It's for more than just architectural and interior design; I've even used it for animations, pattern making and film! More importantly, I'm still able to import/export files types outside of SketchUp's. It accepts dwgs, dxf.

Desvantagens: It's too basic at times, so any detailed things you would have to use another program. it also does not look quite as professional, as the graphics are a little lacking. I usually make the 3-d model and then I bring it into photoshop to render for a better look.

Great product which makes 3D modeling a breeze!

Avaliado em 01/05/2018
Stephen G.
Project Facilitator
Construção, 51-200 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Drafting, planning, and assistance with project management

Vantagens: The 3D modeling components are very user-friendly, and super easy to use. Any novice drafter can learn this program rather quickly with minimal instruction. This product also allows you to turn your 3D models into 2D plans by importing them to a secondary "Layout" program. Trimble Sketchup Pro comes as a product suite with 3 individual programs, but transferring your models between them is a fairly simple and fast process. Each program has a different function from modeling, plan design, and graphic design components. Sketchup is also integrated with built-in shading modules, access to the Sketchup library with access to hundreds of thousands of communal models, and additional "plug-ins" which allows you to add more functionality to your modeling tools. Their customer support is also very accommodating and responsive.

Desvantagens: The "maps" function is far less than stellar since Trimble's contract with Google expired.. If you are looking to import an existing building footprint using this function, you will end up with an extremely grainy and tiny map graphic. Also, from time to time, glitches will occur with other imported graphics in their "Layout" program which causes the need for those graphics to be uploaded once again.

The modeling software with the most complete library

Avaliado em 15/08/2019
Jennifer T.
Architect
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Especially when I want to model architectural interiors, sketchup is the best option, because it allows me to detail each scene with the most usual and unusual objects that I would find in it.

Vantagens: SketchUp has the most complete library of modeled objects. From complete projects, to the smallest details useful to set a model.

Desvantagens: Sometimes SketchUp closes unexpectedly without saving automatic changes, which causes you to lose hours of work.

Awesome software.

Avaliado em 06/04/2018
Fredy P.
3D Visualizer, Drafter and Designer
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: It made our workflow way easier 10+ ago with no turning back to previous software used.

Vantagens: Easy to use, the learning curve is way shorter than any other 3d software I've used, great compatibility with most of the professional software out there. Has an awesome community of users and developers that make it even greater (with their extensions).
Been using it for more than 10+ years. For Us, it replaced Autocad altogether (if you team it up with Sketchup Layout - that comes included with Sketchup Pro).
Level of detail can be controlled up to 0.000000 mm Or (1/64")
Works great making 3D models for 3d printing as well (if you use some of the available extensions)

Desvantagens: I believe the free version is no longer available as a standalone software (you need a browser now)
Might be too expensive for a hobbyist but not if used for work.
Gets slow if the geometry is too complex or if you don't know how to use components

SketchUp Pro

Avaliado em 18/01/2019
3D Designer
Serviços de eventos, 201-500 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I use SketchUp on a daily basis as an exhibit designer, booth designer and interior designer. I also do several home projects on a regular basis with it. I really love SketchUp Pro and the warehouse makes it incredibly easy to add and build models using pre-built geometry. You can even modify other peoples drawings to make them match your design. This is a great and simple to learn / use software.

Vantagens: I love that you can quickly build awesome models to scale and create beautiful renderings with many various plugins. This software wasn't always a big hitter but I think companies are starting to see it's potential. Sketchup Pro has some additional features that make it nicer than make such as being able to save and export to DWG. Overall it's a great software that I love using.

Desvantagens: I wish there was a decent rendering engine built into this software. It is simply lacking in that area but other than that, with plugins like VRay, Keyshot Etc, you can create beautiful renderings quickly.

Most Easier

Avaliado em 16/08/2019
Majeed mohammed A.
Architecture
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: It's Really Simple And Quick to Use. Because Other Related softwares Are Taking To much of Time To Create object.
Everyone Can Easily Learn this Software without trouble.And OuTput Also Too Gud For Spend Money to this Software

Desvantagens: It has some Trouble One of that, An Obejct should Be GROUP before make Another object On that If not When Move an object Everything will Stretch and Collapse. But little amount trouble on y Have this Software I hope it will be Fixed coming Updates. That will be very helpfull

Great software for not just for professionals but everyone

Avaliado em 23/02/2018
Mario G.
Designer
Imobiliárias
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall, it is a must learn software because of how easy is to learn it and the possibilities you have with it

Vantagens: It is not just a professionals tool as many bloggers and students use it in a daily basis for creating almost everything they can think of. For example, I just say last week a blog of a person who was doing a sketchup model for her desk so that she could build it, and it provided everything she needed. Me as an architect, I use it a lot to do 3D modeling in order to visualize the buildings before construction. With the Pro version you have the opportunity to do section cuts and even set a "sheet set" for your drawings. The pro of Sketchup is that as it is free of use (free version) there's also a library called "google warehouse" where you can upload/download models from anyone (who uploads theirs) and use it as if it was created by you, and all of this, for free.

Desvantagens: I would love Sketchup to be more like a professional software and have more tools to help you design properly and detail things like a BIM software but because of the reasons I listed above, I think Sketchup should stay focusing as a "free" software and anyone can use it.

SIMPLE AND POWERFUL

Avaliado em 12/10/2018
Hentry S.
Archviz

Comentários: Architectural drawings.. modeling

Vantagens: Sketchup is really easy to use.. and has the basic features for a 3D modeling software.. Backed up by great community, plugins and extensions. it is very easy to do basic modeling and it has a large collection of free models in 3D warehouse. it can work along most of the render engines and give realistic results in minimum effort. Layout is also great for doing 2D works .. it is clean.. simple and gives cool results when compared with different styles

Desvantagens: sketchup lacks capability to do animations. I wish if i could do basic animations(without any plugins) and modeling complex objects is difficult.. like organic structures. sometime its seems to crash on heavy projects. and when there is lots of plugins installed it takes some time to set up after launching

Sketchup

Avaliado em 06/08/2019
Virtual Design Construction Estimator
Construção, 10.001+ funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: Sketchup is how I started my career and I still use it almost every day. Its strong points are creating geometry on the fly and pulling from the extensive model warehouse that has almost everything you'd ever need. It's also so user-friendly, someone can easily pick up the program and start using it within a couple of weeks proficiently.

Desvantagens: I don't like the way geometry can't be smoothed to the extent other software can do it. In other words, with bends and curves, it's sometimes hard to make them clean in Sketchup to where the textures and UV maps won't be messed up when I export to something like Unreal engine. If you're exporting from Sketchup, you have to be prepared to do a lot of cleanups if you want a high-quality mesh to visualize with photo-real textures and lighting.

Amazing easy to use and practice software platform for drawings and technical 3D and 2D drawing.

Avaliado em 23/11/2017
Ivaylo B.
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: 3D amazing models of our buildings all over the world in amazing fast way
easy to set up and edit after even in Google Earth.

Vantagens: Fast performance and easy visualizated needed 3D drawing fast to edit and most important a lot of options to sinchronizate with other software platforms as you can work together with autoCAD and 3D max. It make the platform very reliable nd convinient for most of us and it is strongly recommend to all architects and drafters now days.
Like to start in second done the work in hours and send my new file or upload on Google Earth address and after save it in .KMZ popular file.
A lot of modern options to share and to posited the object directly to Google Earth.

Desvantagens: Fast performance makes the application the best decision for the modern Architects and Constructors.

Great for rapid prototyping and education for kids

Avaliado em 08/03/2018
Nick P.
Business Development Specialist
Relação qualidade/preço

Vantagens: Fast and easy to use. Without any prior 3D modeling experience, I was able to download the software, watch a getting started video, then I was up and running! I created a prototype for a customer and won their business. This is also a fantastic platform for introducing kids to 3D modeling. There are plenty of models available for kids to modify and print out. It gets them very excited for engineering.

Desvantagens: On occasion, it looks like I've removed a portion of material, say for a screw hole in an enclosure, but it's not really gone. It looks like it's gone in the preview, but it prints out fully filled in. If you're designing a 3D model that has voids or through holes, ensure all lines are properly connected, otherwise you'll print unwanted material.

A Great 3D Design Software

Avaliado em 22/08/2018
Fraser B.
Urban Designer
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: My experience has been amazing. I've been able to design a plan and quickly generate 3D views of entire cities. Moving beyond just designing in plan view, to designing in 3D makes the designs much easier for people to understand and buy into.

Vantagens: You can generate 3D models quickly and generally or zoom into specific details.
I use it for large 3D models of cities and neighbourhoods and it can be done really easily and quickly.
The open source ruby plugins means you can find almost anything to help you do what you want. I have about 50 that do everything from drop and grade roads to terrain, generate buildings, populate forests and sidewalks with components, pull in open street data to build a 3D context model, and more.
The 3D model library puts tens of thousands of free 3D components at your fingertips, which makes it easy to populate a model quickly.
A great online community can also help you figure out any modelling challenges.

Desvantagens: SketchUp Layout is still not nearly as easy to use as other vector graphics programs for final drawings.
Not being able to group layers and easily lock layers from the layers panel can be challenging.

Best 3d modelling software out there !

Avaliado em 10/09/2018
Rao R.
Interior Architect
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: Overall experience is 5/5 ! have used it for almost all my projects not just for the clients but also for understanding the volume of the space and the dynamics of designing within a space !

Vantagens: you dont have to be a software junkie or highly skilled person to start using, learning and 3d modelling in Sketchup ! Perhaps one of the most easy to use/ user-friendly softwares out there ! Been using this software for all my interior projects paired up with some plugins for renders and the result has been exceptional. Happy clients are the best !

Desvantagens: the only con is you most certainly need to learn this software in and out if you have to create organic designs (curves and angled geometry in design). Some commands that help you develop these curves in your design output will surely need expertise !

3D Rendering Made Easy with SketchUp Pro

Avaliado em 18/09/2018
Eric D.
Transportation Planner
Engenharia civil, 10.001+ funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I use SketchUp Pro in my work as an urban planner and designer to show our clients what new street improvements would look like in the real world. I am able to render a street with new lanes, vehicles, bus stops, etc in SketchUp and match that model to a photo of the street. This allows elected officials and city staff to quickly see what a street will look like if the recommended changes take effect. This helps sell our work and pushes it to the next stage.

Vantagens: Users can make fantastically complicated and highly detailed 3D renderings using SketchUp that have the ability to impress clients. SketchUp is relatively easy to use for this type of software and most users will be able to pick it up fairly quickly. Personally, I use SketchUp to render changes to an existing landscape using the Match Photo tool. This allows my clients to quickly visualize what the recommended change will look like in real life. There are a large number of guides and tutorials available to help teach this software to newcomers.

Desvantagens: SketchUp can be a tricky to use because everything is laid out in 3D. This can make orienting yourself to the correct plane difficult. Some of the controls are counter intuitive and do not match up with other drawing software (like Adobe Illustrator) which can lead to mistakes. The final exports delivered from SketchUp have a low quality look to them and need to be imported to Photoshop to achieve a more real looking effect. These are not deal breaking issues and can be solved easily with some practice.

The thing I love about SketchUp is that it makes sense.

Avaliado em 24/07/2018
Paul A.
Software Engineer III
Telecomunicações, 1.001-5.000 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Vantagens: When I first started using SketchUp, I was impressed at how everything was where I expected it to be. I had used really high-end CAD systems, and some lower-end ones, and they didn't quite feel like second nature...ever. SketchUp is one of those tools that simply does. You look in a place you think an option should be, and it is. Great set of tools, for all. As a hobby woodworker, this software is awesome.

Desvantagens: There is something to be said about having an open development system and a large community. The problem is, community plugins are rarely tested on more than a few system. This led me to download tools and find they just didn't work as expected. Stick to the stock tools, or those made by the company.

got ripped off by Trimble

Avaliado em 26/07/2018
Philip L.
illustrator
Design gráfico, 13-50 funcionários
Pouco provável Muito provável

Comentários: I'm a profession illustrator and I've used sketchup since it's inception. I just discovered this underhanded move that Trimble used. I'm so mad I might file a claim for what I paid for the software and ask for a refund.

Vantagens: easy to use 3d modeling software that's getting ruined by the current owner. Trimble for whatever reason, can't use Google's images/map data in sketchup, so they disabled the features in 2016 versions and older and tell people who already paid for software to pay another amount to upgrade to be able to use a feature it was sold with when you bought it.

Desvantagens: Bought sketchup pro and just discovered that as of last year they disabled the "add location" feature. So I paid for a feature that they just disabled. Now, in order to use a feature I ALREADY PAID FOR!, I have to pay for a maintenance plan to upgrade to the latest version of the software to use an inferior version of the feature THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR! I will NEVER, EVER, EVER give Trimble a single penny of my money. Just a down right greedy, evil decision to just yank a feature from people who paid good money for a product.

Extremely easy to learn and use, great for developing small projects

Avaliado em 23/05/2018
IT Officer
Segurança pública
Relação qualidade/preço

Vantagens: By far, my favorite thing about SketchUp Pro is how easy it is to learn, and how quickly you can start building complex designs after only minimal training. Compared to other CAD applications that I have used, SketchUp Pro is by far the most user friendly. The interface is very intuitive and easy to learn, and using the software feels almost natural after using it for only a short while. The object library makes it even more attractive, as you can easily add objects into your projects that are to scale and are often extremely detailed and well developed. Even if a particular object is not to scale, you can easily resize it to fit your needs. The extensive size of the library means that there are many popular items available, so depending on what you are designing, you may be able to find the exact item that will be going into a particular space, allowing you to see exactly what something will look like in real life.

Desvantagens: Some operations within the software are not quite as intuitive as I would like. In particular, subtracting or trimming one object from another is often quite difficult and can take several attempts to get right. Additionally, I've found that the quality and variety of textures that are included with the program to be a bit lacking. It would be great to have more variety and some high res textures that could be used to really make a design pop.