Who Uses This Software?
Professionals use it to provide expert help and feedback on the accuracy of their English writing in a variety of fields, such as law, healthcare, academia, marketing, engineering, and journalism.
Average Ratings920 reviews
- Overall 4.5 / 5
- Ease of Use 4.5 / 5
- Customer Service 4.5 / 5
- Features 4.5 / 5
- Value for Money 4.5 / 5
- Starting Price $10/month
- Pricing Details $10 per member per month
- Free Version No
- Free Trial No
Installed - Mac
Cloud, SaaS, Web
Installed - Windows
Mobile - iOS Native
Mobile - Android Native
About Grammarly Business
Grammarly's writing assistant helps millions of people every day to communicate more clearly and effectively, wherever you type.
Grammarly Business Features
- Contextual Speller
- Dictionary / Thesaurus
- Grammar Check
- Plagiarism Detection
- Punctuation Check
- Reporting & Statistics
- Spell Check
- Style Check
- Text Editor
Grammarly Business Most Helpful Reviews
Reviewed on 1/29/2019
A lot to like about Grammarly!
Comments: Very pleased with my experiences with Grammarly - it improves my writing skills and helps me create email and documents that are correctly written.
There's a lot of reasons to like Grammarly, and integrate it into your daily life. Here's the reasons I love it:
- It operates quickly and quietly on your device. There's no difficulty in setting it up and beginning to use it. It just hums along quietly in the background, offering accurate suggestions and feedback.
- Of the tools I've used, Grammarly seems to be the most reliable and accurate. Very seldom do I dislike the recommendations it makes. It also has the ability to catch errors that other, similar platforms just don't seem to catch.
- It works across multiple platforms - even in your Chrome browser. They've also improved their connection/compatibility with G Suite tools, in general, which is great to see.
- You have the ability to customize and add words that you commonly use, but are not widely recognized.
- Somehow it has the ability to notice correctly spelled words that are placed in the wrong setting. This is an impressive feature.
- I also love that they've created an extension that can be used with your Chrome browser. It's free and limited in ability, but sufficient for what I need.
While Grammarly is a phenomenal addition that I highly recommend, here are some observations and concerns:
- It's honestly expensive. The premium version comes at a fee, so I recently just downgraded to use the free version. The features aren't quite as robust in the free version, but it works for what I need.
- To my knowledge, Grammarly does not offer much with regards to mobile support (yet). It would be a great addition, as a lot of work-related emailing is conducted via a cell phone.
- Grammarly doesn't "play well" with certain platforms. It can be glitchy, for example, with platforms like Blackboard, which is commonly used by colleges (undergraduate and graduate). I'm not sure if this is a Grammarly issue or Blackboard issue, but it would be nice to see this resolved.
Reviewed on 1/16/2019
Makes you sound smarter
Comments: I like it overall, it helps me write better, and makes me not feel like I have to proofread a lot which I don't do a lot of anyway (I'm a creator vs editor, leave me alone, haha). This way at least I don't make as many grammatical or spelling mistakes when I write. I do have to turn it off sometimes because sometimes it gets annoying with their bugs.
Pros: It's a simple chrome extension that I love using whenever I write marketing materials. I have it on when I write on my landing pages, emails, social media posts and more. The great thing about this extension is that sometimes I misspell things (it happens) and it shows me when I do. It also shows me if I mistype something or write something in a grammatically incorrect way. I mean, it's not perfect so it's not like it's a human reading the text and telling you you're writing something totally wrong - but it helps with spelling and simple grammar. It makes life easier by making you sound better, so you get less annoying people on social media telling you to proofread. Who's got time to proofread when I have so much content to create? 😂
Cons: It doesn't always work. For example, on this site. I made some little mistakes while writing this review, and the incorrectly written word did get underlined... however when I clicked to get it corrected according to the suggestion by the extension, it did not end up correcting it. So it corrects it for a second and then it reverts back. So that's clearly a bug or something. It does the same thing when I use it in ActiveCampaign - sometimes it messes up the formatting bc of the plugin. Also in some places, where I write copy directly onto a landing page builder like Clickfunnels, if I do not correct or ignore the red underlines on words that were "incorrectly" written (sometimes it corrects words that are correct... at least correct for me) if I leave them, the page saves WITH the red underlines, so then people see those underlines when they are viewing the landing page regardless of whether they have the plugin or not (from what I've heard from people). So, still some bugs clearly.